Registered User mustloveoatmeal's Avatar
    mustloveoatmeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ever used bands for assisted pullups/chinups?

I'm in my gym every morning by 5:30am. For the most part I am the only female on the weight room floor. I'm past using the machine to assist me with a pullup and I'm ready for the next step. Several of the males there have offered to help me do pullups, but I'm just not comfortable with that, nor do I want to take them away from their own workouts. Has anyone ever tried using the green/blue/red workout bands with handles to assist them in doing a pullup? If so, do I just hook the handles on either side of the pullup bar and put my knee or foot in the center? And at 126lbs do I use the green, blue, or red one? I don't want it to snap on me. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mustloveoatmeal View Post
    I'm in my gym every morning by 5:30am. For the most part I am the only female on the weight room floor. I'm past using the machine to assist me with a pullup and I'm ready for the next step. Several of the males there have offered to help me do pullups, but I'm just not comfortable with that, nor do I want to take them away from their own workouts. Has anyone ever tried using the green/blue/red workout bands with handles to assist them in doing a pullup? If so, do I just hook the handles on either side of the pullup bar and put my knee or foot in the center? And at 126lbs do I use the green, blue, or red one? I don't want it to snap on me. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    I like using the bands on occasion for pullups as I can only do chinups unassisted. I have the green band, I slide them over the two pullup bar handles, hook one knee into the strap and start doing pullups

CallawayGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We do not have bands at my gym so If I need extra help that day I usually will grab a chair and rest my feet on the back of the chair...A couple years ago in college I remember using the red band in the gym there...Hope this helps!

nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I still do for some hand positions. I use a thing called a "candoo" strap that you interchange different flat bands in. I have progressed from the strongest helper band to the least currently. Use whichever make the pull up do able but challenging.

I started using the band because I was doing P90x and using a chair for one leg like they recommend but I found it put my core in an odd position. Regular pull up position really challenges your core to keep you from swinging or leaning to one side or another. The chair takes this action away since the chair basically does the stabilizing action for you thru your leg.
    The band allows this action.

It shouldn't snap on you, but the handles might shift a bit since they are hard.
    "That's what I want. Period. I want to look like I lift even when I don't flex. I want little girls to be afraid of my abs. I want other women to talk bad about me out of jealousy. I want men to worry I could snap them in half with my legs(yet be oddly turned on by the thought at the same time)." ~me2011

Registered User mustloveoatmeal's Avatar
    mustloveoatmeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks to all of you! This morning, I used the yellow band...hooked the ends onto the pull-up apparatus, put my right knee/thigh into the middle of the band and did 3 sets of 3-4 chin-ups and I even tried over handed pull-ups. I still found them to be very difficult, but the band obviously gave me some assistance. I'm hot into now... can't wait to give it another shot on Saturday! Thanks again!

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is also something called a "superband" that is black and looks like a bike tire. It comes in different weights...10, 25lbs, etc..I use it sometimes...it's large enough that you can put your foot in it and keep your body straight...

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mustloveoatmeal View Post
    And at 126lbs do I use the green, blue, or red one? I don't want it to snap on me. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    If you google online, you'll find the poundage per band. I'd use the mini bands or maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe the light ones. they won't snap, I've used them for about three or four years now, and it's good quality stuff.

O, wait. I thought we were talking about Jumpstretch bands, the loops. Never mind.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]