levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

can some one check my diet

hey all, am new to this stats 23 175lbs lifting weights seriously about 4 years, have never really took in to account how much the diet can help but now i do no that it is about 80% of the work so here is what my new diet looks like feedback would be great, im looking to add some size.
    0800-100g rolled oats, protein shake, 10g glutaime
    1000- 200g chicken breast with 200g sweet potato, veg
    1300-200g turkey breast, 250g white potato, veg
    1500- 50g peanuts, protein shake
    1700-200g chicken breast, 70g wholewheat pasta.
    17300- creatine, workout hour and half max
    pwo- protein shake, 29protein, 26 carbs, 10g glutamine, vit c 1000mg, creatine
    2000-250g extra lean mince (homemade burger in over) 50g peanuts
    2300- slow release casin protein.

feedback would be great thanks guys.
    total calories 3900, protein 413g, carbs 300g fats 105g

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is your (estimated) maintenance intake?

By the way, meal frequency and timing are largely irrelevant in terms of bodyweight and composition. You don't need to consume protein shakes or casein before bed, as they impart no special benefits. And your protein intake is astonishingly high, which yields no special value.

levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) levifoster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks for the reply, well i checked my maintenance on some calorie count on my phone (i no its not the best way) and it said about 2900 im not to sure how accurate that is tho.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You really need to read: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=436716771 before doing anything else.

will check that page out thanks.
    has anyone else got any feedback on the diet, anythink is much appreciated.

^ I fear you're confused and believe food choice is the determinant of bodyweight and composition, where in reality it's caloric balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency. And thus you really should start reading the stickies...now.

im looking at the page you said and have worked out my caloires which total up to 2900, am am just looking at the macronutrient side of it and im not going to lie i am confused on this bit, im greatful for your say i was just wondering what everyone else input would be thats all.

sorry to keep bothering you, i think i have just cracked it, let me no if it sounds about right?

protein 263g= 1052 cals
    fats 80g= 720 cals
    carbs 443g= 1128 cals
    total calories 2922 that is for maintenance calories, now just have to add 10-20% of total calories to add mass??
    once again thanks for your help.
    Last edited by levifoster; 08-23-2011 at 08:40 AM.

sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everything Pug has said pretty much.

If your maintenance is 2900kcal, eating a 1000kcal surpus daily will make you put on more fat than you want.
    400g+ of protein is overkill. The stickies will help you figure out your macro requirements.

Meal timing is irrelevant. Assuming, however, that you are bulking, getting in 3000+kcal in 2-3 meals can be challenging for some people. In that case, spreading out your meals can be advantageous.

EDIT:
    Originally Posted by levifoster View Post
    sorry to keep bothering you, i think i have just cracked it, let me no if it sounds about right?

protein 263g= 1052 cals
    fats 80g= 720 cals
    carbs 443g= 1128 cals
    total calories 2922 that is for maintenance calories, now just have to add 10-20% of total calories to add mass??
    once again thanks for your help.
    Yes, 10-20% surplus is the preferred method to limit fat gain. Aim for 1-2lb gain a month.
    Even though you fat intake meets the requirement, I would decrease protein to about 200g and increase fat.
    [Bleed Time Krew] Certified

I don't train really to win contests. Not to win friends. Not to look pretty. Not to look at some chick's ass. I train and train very hard cause it's uncomfortable. It's painful. It's demanding. I like that. Time to bleed. - Manu

ok that is great thanks alot for both your help, will have to try and work a new diet plan out basied around the macro.