executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executemethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry WTF can't eat maintenance-500 or I gain weight

I have found that I gain weight eating well under maintenance. My BMR is calculated at ~1900 per Kartch-Mcardle method, and my maintenance (TDEE) is calced as ~2900.

I found through trial and error, that if I eat more than 1800 kCal, I won't lose any weight, even with all of the exericise and normal daily activity. If I eat more than 2200kCal, I actually gain weight. So, I have now gone on an EC stack, only eating ~1400kCal/day, and have only managed to lose 8-10lbs in the last month .

1400kCal/day!!
    Something is not right here!

BTW, I am 5'10" with 168lbs LBM. I am currently 236lbs. I went from 180 --> 275 in the span of 2 years, and I was only eating approximately 2400kcal/avg.

Any Ideas?

I am thinking of going to the doctor's office to have a blood test done for thyroid and T. I have 90% of the symptoms for both low-T and hypothyroidism.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're really having a bunch of other symptoms associated with hypothyroidism and/or low testosterone, go see your doctor. Won't surprise me if you're stone cold normal, though, as most people who would like to blame their problems on glandular issues are completely A-OK. At 5'10" and almost 240, weight should literally melt off of you at 1900 calories per day.

My guess? You suck at counting calories. Not a personal knock against you, just a realization that 99.9% of the time people "can't lose weight" - it's because they're eating more than they think they are.

I went from 180 --> 275 in the span of 2 years, and I was only eating approximately 2400kcal/avg.
    No, you probably didn't. Nobody gains 50lbs a year eating reasonably sized meals. 2400 calories a day isn't outrageous - it's actually quite a bit less than the average american. My guess is that your "approximately 2400calories" was actually closer to 3500-4000 calories. There is no "approximately" when it comes to calories. To me, you identified your own problem the moment you chose to use that word. Every single day you choose to consume a finite and measurable quantity of food. If you don't bother to measure it, you're likely to overshoot your ideal intake by more than a little bit. Please don't say "I'm good at eye-balling them" either, as nobody ever got obese by being good at counting calories.

First step towards meaningful change is always going to be recognition that you've been doing something wrong. Until you admit it, you'll never make the changes necessary to move foward.

----------------------
    --------------

Out of curiosity, what other symptoms have you experienced?
    (on the off-chance that you are one of those rare birds with a glandular problem)

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not sure if troll or stupid?

If you lost 10 lbs in a month, thats 2lbs per week (1000 daily deficit), if you were really eating 1400 caloires that puts your maintenance at 2400. Therefore eating 2200 calories would still have you losing weight. Also you wouldn't have gained 100 lbs in 2 years eating at 2400.

You clearly miss calculating what you are eating and/or delusional.

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Got an article for you OP:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...different.html

In short: you can’t beat thermodynamics anymore than anything else in the universe. You. Are. Not. Different. You can’t gain bodymass unless your energy intake exceeds your energy output because you can’t make something out of nothing (muscle or fat). And you can’t lose bodymass unless your energy intake is less than your energy ouput. These are rules that every system in the universe has to follow, including the human body. Nature’s rules, not mine to quote the all-knowing Mr. Miyagi. We may not like them, but we have to live by them anyway.

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It won't hurt to have you T and thyroid levels checked, but I'm willing to be that there's nothing wrong with either. Being fat and out of shape makes you feel lethargic too.

My guess is that you are miscalculating what you are eating. You need to weigh everything you eat and keep a food log. I'll bet you find out that you are underestimating your portion sizes.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    My guess? You suck at counting calories. Not a personal knock against you, just a realization that 99.9% of the time people "can't lose weight" - it's because they're eating more than they think they are.
    This quote is signature worthy.. LOL
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, post everything that crosses your mouth in a day, along with serving size and micro count. If you can't do that, start, and come back and post it.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    This is also my guess.