tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How important are carbs for me

Hey BB

I am 17 years old and i've been lifting for 8 months and been serious about my diet all the time, counting macros, getting enough protein, sleep etc etc. I understand carbs can play a key role in order to loose weight but what about bulking? I've just recently tried to hit 40/40/20 it is a little bit rough to make it work. Never thought about anything else than protein and calories, but now i am currious. Are carbs important to me? Should i worry about hitting 40/40/20, or should i just not give a **** and just get my calories and protein, and be aware i dont consume too much fat.

Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no need to hit exact ratios. They are just abstract numbers.

- set a calorie target
    - choose foods which meet your minimum requirements for protein and fat (as per macro sticky thread)
    - use the calories left over however you want - more pro/fat or carbs - it's your choice. You should experiment to see what works best.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tvibabo View Post
    Hey BB

I am 17 years old and i've been lifting for 8 months and been serious about my diet all the time, counting macros, getting enough protein, sleep etc etc. I understand carbs can play a key role in order to loose weight but what about bulking? I've just recently tried to hit 40/40/20 it is a little bit rough to make it work. Never thought about anything else than protein and calories, but now i am currious. Are carbs important to me? Should i worry about hitting 40/40/20, or should i just not give a **** and just get my calories and protein, and be aware i dont consume too much fat.

Thanks
    Where did you hear that carbs play a key role in losing weight? The key role is that you maintain a caloric deficit if you want to lose weight. The key to a bulk it maintaining a caloric surplus. Carbs are the only non-essential macronutrient. Personally, i don't promote low carb or no carb diets for any stage of dieting, but again, they're not essential. Also, don't be afraid of fat, the body needs it. Fat doesn't make you fat.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10) tvibabo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Where did you hear that carbs play a key role in losing weight? The key role is that you maintain a caloric deficit if you want to lose weight. The key to a bulk it maintaining a caloric surplus. Carbs are the only non-essential macronutrient. Personally, i don't promote low carb or no carb diets for any stage of dieting, but again, they're not essential. Also, don't be afraid of fat, the body needs it. Fat doesn't make you fat.
    Yes i know you should be in a deficit. I meant in low carb diets, or keto etc. I should be more accurate.

I wanna get big brah dylanrpxxx's Avatar
    dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dylanrpxxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Carbs are the bodies primary source of energy so they are extremely important, especially when you are bulking, because adequate carbs will give you the energy you need to make strength gains and beat PRs. they are also very important for gaining weight. if your body has no carbs, it's going to have to convert that protein into energy instead of using it for muscle. fats are extremely important too man.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tvibabo View Post
    Yes i know you should be in a deficit. I meant in low carb diets, or keto etc. I should be more accurate.
    Well i basically answered that: carbs are a non-essential macronutrient. Build your diet around what works best for YOU. Disregard percentages for macros like 40/40/20 or 30/40/30 or any of those oblique ratios.
    Psych & handcuffs

Originally Posted by dylanrpxxx View Post
    Carbs are the bodies primary source of energy so they are extremely important, especially when you are bulking, because adequate carbs will give you the energy you need to make strength gains and beat PRs. they are also very important for gaining weight. if your body has no carbs, it's going to have to convert that protein into energy instead of using it for muscle. fats are extremely important too man.
    You should probably study up on some current nutrition info before posting/giving advice.
    Psych & handcuffs