Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Crazy cheat weekends still with results

So before pic here is from start of year, failed bulk just eating crap all week etc bout 3 months ago i cleaned weekly diet up and have been keeping to 1800-2000cals mon-friday, saturday then i start day normal breakfast then dont eat till about 7 when my cheat starts when i meet my girlfriend and each weekend ive been eating stupid amount of food. Counted this weekend from sat 7pm till end of sundays eating a little shy of 15,000cals i have been doing this every week on my diet and still made some great results so whats going on! i thought we had to be in a weekly deficit to lose fat.

Say my maintenance is 2800 x7 19600

Daily for week is 1900 average x 5 = 9500
    Cheat weekend (only counted this one which was a little under 15k, but each weekend is very close to this one, so say average 13000)
    13000+9500 = 22500 almost 3000 over maintenance

Only thoughts here is maybe my maintenance is higher than i calculate it to be?

Anyway 3 weeks more till i take break for holiday, going to go back to IF diet again and just splurge the sunday and try keep it under 7k cals

Any thoughts here is highly appreciated

To add the vast amount of calories consumed on sunday is complete junk food, quick snack of 2000cals of doughnuts here, 2000 for a pizza few 1000 in full fat drinks

Thanks guys
    Attached Images

waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No hate, but it seems like you are restricting yourself too much during the week which is leading to bingeing on the weekends.

I would recommend you raise calories during the week and incorporate refeeds where you eat at maintenance or slightly above.

Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cawley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah i agree to that i will most likely have 2200 per day during week now im back to IF and go for a 5k refeed sunday, however my question is i have been over eating weekly calories my entire cut it seems and my results are still pretty good id say a -10% in bf drop so maybe my maintenance is higher than i calculate online?

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My guess is your maintenance is higher than you calculated (like you said).

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cawley View Post
    So before pic here is from start of year, failed bulk just eating crap all week etc bout 3 months ago i cleaned weekly diet up and have been keeping to 1800-2000cals mon-friday, saturday then i start day normal breakfast then dont eat till about 7 when my cheat starts when i meet my girlfriend and each weekend ive been eating stupid amount of food. Counted this weekend from sat 7pm till end of sundays eating a little shy of 15,000cals i have been doing this every week on my diet and still made some great results so whats going on! i thought we had to be in a weekly deficit to lose fat.

Say my maintenance is 2800 x7 19600

Daily for week is 1900 average x 5 = 9500
    Cheat weekend (only counted this one which was a little under 15k, but each weekend is very close to this one, so say average 13000)
    13000+9500 = 22500 almost 3000 over maintenance

Only thoughts here is maybe my maintenance is higher than i calculate it to be?

Anyway 3 weeks more till i take break for holiday, going to go back to IF diet again and just splurge the sunday and try keep it under 7k cals

Any thoughts here is highly appreciated

To add the vast amount of calories consumed on sunday is complete junk food, quick snack of 2000cals of doughnuts here, 2000 for a pizza few 1000 in full fat drinks

Thanks guys
    there are loads of people who do the same thing on www.ironaddicts.com. If the guy who presribes the diet isn't 100% sure of the science, but a lot of logic/broscience could claim the big meal sends the metobolism into overtime. Gycogen not getting converted into fat. The cheat meal boosting leptin levels etc

At the end of the day, if it works, it works. I prefer to do a similar thing. although less extreme. Eat at a strong deficit during the week and enjoy my weekends and get loads of food and drink in and eat out.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by waatsgood View Post
    No hate, but it seems like you are restricting yourself too much during the week which is leading to bingeing on the weekends.

I would recommend you raise calories during the week and incorporate refeeds where you eat at maintenance or slightly above.
    I don't think he's complaining about binging? He likes it and is cheating deliberately
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    there are loads of people who do the same thing on www.ironaddicts.com. If the guy who presribes the diet isn't 100% sure of the science, but a lot of logic/broscience could claim the big meal sends the metobolism into overtime. Gycogen not getting converted into fat. The cheat meal boosting leptin levels etc

At the end of the day, if it works, it works. I prefer to do a similar thing. although less extreme. Eat at a strong deficit during the week and enjoy my weekends and get loads of food and drink in and eat out.
    Metabolic rate will increase slightly for up to 24 hours, but a rather insignificant amount given the quantity of food that is generally eaten. To an extent, the "do what works for you" thing is ok, but I believe the week long restriction followed by binge-like behavior is an unhealthy habit.

op, you might want to give this article a read.
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/11/che...-hedonist.html

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I don't think he's complaining about binging? He likes it and is cheating deliberately
    I apologize,a poor word choice, but dont you think this is an unhealthy habit?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by waatsgood View Post
    I apologize,a poor word choice, but dont you think this is an unhealthy habit?
    To those extremes, yes I think it's bad
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100) njwheels is not very well liked. (-100)
    When I was dieting to drop 40 pounds of fat, every friday I ordered out food for dinner, only day of the week, and I would drink at parties on weekends eating some junk late night but I still saw great results, all depends on the person I guess and if you fit certain things into your macros.

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Shocking your body works well thus cheat works. If you stayed low all the time body would figure this out.

You could during the week mix it up a bit with different calorie intakes but overall the same over the 5 days.

so like some days higher some days lower. EG. 2300 one day 1700 next 2200 next 1800 next etc 2500 next 1500 etc. You figure the calories out for that.
    Last edited by MontyMagpie; 08-22-2011 at 08:23 PM.

freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's a good plan. Carb-Cycling is perfect as well for example

To the OP why not do something like this.

If you train 5 days a week and rest 2 days. Why not cycle your carbs or even cals at just say

Day of Weight Lift + Cardio = High Carb, Low Fat
    Day of Weight #2 (No cardio for ex.) = Medium Carb, Low Fat
    Day of Weight #3 (No Cardio for ex.) = Keto (High fats)
    Day of Weight #4-5 + Cardio on both days = High Carb, Low Fat

Off days lower calories by 250 extra from your deficit and fit your macros to whatever you need such as if you want high carbs go for it or high fat go for it.
    Once every week and a half eat at maintenance and fit foods in your macros while keeping cardio consistent with weight-lifting

Originally Posted by MontyMagpie View Post
    Shocking your body works well thus cheat works. If you stayed low all the time body would figure this out.

You could during the week mix it up a bit with different calorie intakes but overall the same over the 5 days.

so like some days higher some days lower. EG. 2300 one day 1700 next 2200 next 1800 next etc 2500 next 1500 etc. You figure the calories out for that.

thanks for input guys, i am back to IF as of today going to do 2200 cals mon to friday, sat prob 3k and then sunday 5k, overall its a lot less weekly cals so hope it takes me further in my quest for 10%

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cawley View Post
    thanks for input guys, i am back to IF as of today going to do 2200 cals mon to friday, sat prob 3k and then sunday 5k, overall its a lot less weekly cals so hope it takes me further in my quest for 10%
    I don't see what the issue is? you are getting good results and are enjoying your food.

If you were getting good results (ie linear gains) from a work out if it was unconvential workout would you swap it a more well known one?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    I don't see what the issue is? you are getting good results and are enjoying your food.

If you were getting good results (ie linear gains) from a work out if it was unconvential workout would you swap it a more well known one?
    His approach is ****ed up. Who cares if it works?

OP, I think the new plan is more sensible but It's still weird dude...why are you doing this? Normal bodybuilders don't do this....I'm not talking about bros, I'm talking about sensible bodybuilders....you're doing weird ****.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    when first cut in 2009 i did something like this every saturday i would plan 1 massive cheat meal large pizza or what ev i wanted ..ect i was still loosing weight and then the next day my cals would be ridiculously low from not training = no bro post workout shake no bro post workout carbs yes i was training max ot lol ...... and my protein was 420g at the start of the cut - yes jeff willet gave me a diet i paid for LOL BUT YES 6 weeks into it i did my research had 2x per week refeeds dropped my protein dramatically and upped carbs and fats higher cals through out the week + 2 refeeds was much better in terms of composition and satied
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    eat half that
    it will still feel like a cheat
    add a few hundred during the
    no longer feel depirved
    larger deficit weekly
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head