T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T3ckTon1k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I can't front roll. WTF!?

I'm 21, working out for 3 years, the strongest among my friends and I can't do a stupid front roll. When I try to do that I end up in a head stand and most of the times i fall sideways, and that's the happy ending. If it goes really wrong, I end up just hitting the floor with the back of my head. This is really embarrassing and it's a major problem considering that next week I must start training for some sport contest where I must do two front rolls during and obstacle course.
    P.S. I'm not flexible at all.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Watch a Youtube video and practice.

iamnelsonwong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by T3ckTon1k View Post
    I'm 21, working out for 3 years, the strongest among my friends and I can't do a stupid front roll. When I try to do that I end up in a head stand and most of the times i fall sideways, and that's the happy ending. If it goes really wrong, I end up just hitting the floor with the back of my head. This is really embarrassing and it's a major problem considering that next week I must start training for some sport contest where I must do two front rolls during and obstacle course.
    P.S. I'm not flexible at all.
    ^^ check out Youtube.

My own experience, tuck your chin into your chest while rolling, don't hesitate and go forward. The head stand just comes from hesitation.
    As for sideways, it comes down to pure practise. Go slow, i started with putting tape on my mat to act as a guide.
    Good luck and all the best!