dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sports that favor short legs / long torso?

I'm a fairly tall guy, just a tad over 6'1", but my legs are very short and my torso is very long. When I sit down on a plane or bus my head is always way above everybody else's (because of the length from my hips to top of the head). My fiance also has pretty short legs for her height (not as bad as me) and her Dad is like that. So I figure my kids are gonna have silverback hind legs.

I know about lots of sports where having long legs is good (cycling, running for increased stride, they even say long legs are good for BJJ cuz those guys are like spiders, and easier for muay thai boxers to kick farther). But what sports favour somebody with short legs and a long torso? My arms are not short (not super long either though). Where is it good to have a low center of gravity?
    10 years Miscing

DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    swimming
    If you're not willing to get your diet in check, then your supplements and gym membership are a waste of money.

TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000)
    powerlifting?
    University of Alabama
    Shaved head crew

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    I'm a fairly tall guy, just a tad over 6'1", but my legs are very short and my torso is very long. When I sit down on a plane or bus my head is always way above everybody else's (because of the length from my hips to top of the head). My fiance also has pretty short legs for her height (not as bad as me) and her Dad is like that. So I figure my kids are gonna have silverback hind legs.

I know about lots of sports where having long legs is good (cycling, running for increased stride, they even say long legs are good for BJJ cuz those guys are like spiders, and easier for muay thai boxers to kick farther). But what sports favour somebody with short legs and a long torso? My arms are not short (not super long either though). Where is it good to have a low center of gravity?
    8600 posts in over 7 years and you havent actually done any sports or exercise?

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He would probably be a miscer..
    I would rather die than live my life in fear.- KSE

Don't Panic and always carry a towel.

dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwennimenn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    rowing perhaps..?
    Pain reminds you that you're still alive

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    8600 posts in over 7 years and you havent actually done any sports or exercise?
    I have, but they've been ones where top level guys have long legs.
    10 years Miscing

Originally Posted by dwennimenn View Post
    rowing perhaps..?
    Thanks. Never thought of this. There is a rowing club literally a minutes walk from my house (I live on a lake) and for some reason Ive never paid attention to it. Calling them tomorrow.
    10 years Miscing

onsidekick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    boxing, lowerd center of gravity means your more coordinated on your feet, and with decent length arms you could have good reach.

brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Midget wrestlers always seem to have short limbs and long torsos.

Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DNClay View Post
    swimming
    this. dont listen to anone else
    Ganja is the healing of the nation.

Whats a God to a non believer?

I rap beck.

moorpheus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. Never thought of this. There is a rowing club literally a minutes walk from my house (I live on a lake) and for some reason Ive never paid attention to it. Calling them tomorrow.
    Absolutely NOT rowing. Rowing--at least on a pair or quad--requires people of similar leg lengths, because synchronizing strokes means similar leg-lengths.

I am a rower in Philadelphia, and I can only do single sculls. If I were to row on a team, my stroke would be over (as soon as my legs were fully extended and I'm going into lean back) and the others on my boat would be continuing.

The bodies of rowers are typically fairly long legged with long, strong and not bulky, muscles. Again. Most important is length and those of us with short legs can row on singles.

Low center of gravity is favored by gymnastics, and there, we can flourish. Tennis could be good. Even basketball--depending. Good luck.

Registered User heavyhitter1987's Avatar
    heavyhitter1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anything if you stay at it long enough.

Black Lives Matter elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by onsidekick View Post
    boxing, lowerd center of gravity means your more coordinated on your feet, and with decent length arms you could have good reach.
    yeah OP boxing. Youre going to adjust your style to what best works for you. Long reach is good but even guys with T rex arms like tyson and ricky hatton make it work with a different style. winky wright had very long forearms and had a style that took advantage of that.

mjp22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjp22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjp22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjp22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjp22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjp22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjp22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ath88 View Post
    this. dont listen to anone else
    Find pics of Michael Phelps. Long torso, short legs. I think they even did a piece on him during the 2008 Olympics about his body proportions.

Taken from this link gawker.com/5038018/michael-phelps-freakish-physique-explained
    (I can't post links due to my post count

"Swim demon Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal of the 2008 Olympics last night, his 14th overall. How does he do it? It's that crazy 6'4" bod of his! "Generally, a man's arm span equals his height but in his case it's 6'7"-three inches more than his height. Naturally his arms work as powerful propulsive paddles, giving him a clear edge over others. His lower body, interestingly, is shorter than that of an average man of his height. His relatively short legs result in less drag or resistance. In short, Phelps has an upper body of a 6'8" person but his lower body seems to be of someone who is only 5'10", which also make the perfect plane in water." More science after the jump."

bl727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a swim coach explain it to me thus: The longer a hull of a boat, the faster it will go. The same physics exist for swimming, where the torso is the hull. BUT, for 99.99% of swimmers, this doesn't really matter as technique trumps everything else.

Troy5500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Swimming of course, anything with pushing or shoving, football offensive linemen, football fullback, wrestling, also great for tug of war.

I also have the long torso and most if not men in my fathers family have it but it, but only with the boys not the girls.

Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heimdalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by moorpheus View Post
    Even basketball--depending. Good luck.
    Not really usually short legs=small vertical and small potential to increase it same with speed I can't see how short legs will help in basketball.
    Squat: 152,5kgx5
    Bench: 85x5
    Deadlift: 180kgx1

Programs done:
    Starting Strength - 7month
    PHUL - 12 weeks

Currently doing - Madcow's 5x5

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Troy5500 View Post
    Swimming of course, anything with pushing or shoving, football offensive linemen, football fullback, wrestling, also great for tug of war.

I also have the long torso and most if not men in my fathers family have it but it, but only with the boys not the girls.
    I'm sure OP is pleased you gave him some advice. He's been unsuccessfully waddling from sport to sport as fast as his little legs could carry him since he posted this three years ago.

a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    I'm sure OP is pleased you gave him some advice. He's been unsuccessfully waddling from sport to sport as fast as his little legs could carry him since he posted this three years ago.
    This is literally the only forum I post on where people do this. I can't help but wonder why...
    www.crossfit.com

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you are a spammer. reported.

Registered User borislavsabchev's Avatar
    borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Weightlifting...
    Dip. ISSN, CISSN
    https://www.********.com/BorislavSabchev01/
    https://www.instagram.com/borislavsabchev

FishyNet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kinda sad for people like us.

FishyNet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Heimdalll View Post
    Not really usually short legs=small vertical and small potential to increase it same with speed I can't see how short legs will help in basketball.
    true, for us shorty to jump high we need to use our quads alot which will lead to knee injury sooner or later.

Originally Posted by FishyNet View Post
    kinda sad for people like us.
    sadder to respond to a thread started 7 years ago . . .