___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Maltodextrin and weight gainers

Iv'e read up about maltodextrin and ive noticed its pretty much digested at the rate of sugar. Yet every weight gainer seems to use it. Is this a problem??

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by teenage_guru View Post
    Iv'e read up about maltodextrin and ive noticed its pretty much digested at the rate of sugar. Yet every weight gainer seems to use it. Is this a problem??
    It has it's place, but unless one is an extremely hard gainer, whole foods are ALWAYS superior to supplements and weight gainers.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea agreed, just wen i have very little time, weight gainer shakes are the best option(better have something then nothing), i was just asking, will the maltodextrin just make me store fat?

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by teenage_guru View Post
    yea agreed, just wen i have very little time, weight gainer shakes are the best option(better have something then nothing), i was just asking, will the maltodextrin just make me store fat?
    Excess calories make you store fat and high glycemic carbs like malto aren't going to help.

I personally use a whey/casein blend such as Sustain or GF Pro, Ground Oats, and Peanuts in a ziplock bag. It allows me to customize macros as I desire, it saves me money, and it tastes better while making me feel full longer. Best of all worlds, outside of a whole food meal.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do the exact same thing, Mike do u heat this up or just poor in a cup and eat with a spoon?

Originally Posted by uhockey View Post
    Excess calories make you store fat and high glycemic carbs like malto aren't going to help.

I personally use a whey/casein blend such as Sustain or GF Pro, Ground Oats, and Peanuts in a ziplock bag. It allows me to customize macros as I desire, it saves me money, and it tastes better while making me feel full longer. Best of all worlds, outside of a whole food meal.
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Malto in a gainer is actually a good carb source. While malto has a high GI, when it's combined with protein/fat/fiber (as is the case in gainers/MRP's) the GI is lowered.

You would only have to be concerned with it if you were ingesting malto on an empty stomach, in a fasted state.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by uhockey View Post
    I personally use... and it tastes better while making me feel full longer. Best of all worlds, outside of a whole food meal.
    This is actually a disadvantage for me, as I struggle to get enough calories in whilst bulking as it is. I do agree that your suggestion is much healthier than a premade gainer full of malto however. It's actually very similar to my homemade gainers, except that I like to add banana or prunes to mine as well.
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

$ BMBC $

-Misc Scotch Crew-

((((Brazilian Massive)))) Baixaria's Avatar
    Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    Malto in a gainer is actually a good carb source. While malto has a high GI, when it's combined with protein/fat/fiber (as is the case in gainers/MRP's) the GI is lowered.

You would only have to be concerned with it if you were ingesting malto on an empty stomach, in a fasted state.

Supppose you combine Malto, oats and Isolate Protein, does the GI remain the same?
    "Where observation is concerned, chance favors only the prepared mind"
    Louis Pasteur

Originally Posted by Baixaria View Post
    Supppose you combine Malto, oats and Isolate Protein, does the GI remain the same?
    No. Protein from the powder and the oats plus Fiber from the oats obviously decreases the GI of the meal as a whole.

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    I do the exact same thing, Mike do u heat this up or just poor in a cup and eat with a spoon?
    You eat protein powder dry?

Originally Posted by Coulaid View Post
    You eat protein powder dry?
    I do sometimes.

Dymatize Vanilla, DS Sustain, and Substance WPI Chocolate Malt are the best.

When I eat my whey/oat/peanut shakes during the day, I pour it into a rubbermaid collapsable waterbottle that fits in my whitecoat, add water, shake, consume. It's been a lifesaver.