Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A cheap day for my girlfriends birthday(Read before you grab your pitchfork)

Hello ladies I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot this weekend for my girlfriends birthday... I got laid off from my job about a month ago, I have bills so money is extremely tight right now, she knows this and really doesn't care/want anything for her birthday. But I on the other hand want to do something really special for her.

If it matters this is her first birthday with me.*

So far what I have planned is we're going to drive out to a little known beach and have a picnic. And then spend the day walking in Seattle.

Food -*
    Chocolate dipped strawberries
    Her favorite chips*
    Dr. Pepper (also her favorite drink) in a generic wine bottle (One of those bottles you buy in a case when you brew your own wine) and sealed with a cork
    ??????????
    She's so picky I am fuarking stuck with what else to bring!! Literally the most pickiest girl I've ever met!

Also I would like to know of any ideas for something nice but relatively inexpensive to buy her.
    Thanks in advance ladies!!

TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000)
    pick some flowers for her and come up with some bulls**t story about how you had to walk miles barefoot, climb cliffs and*fight off wild animals with a toothpick to get them. You can add a cpl of scratches on your arm to make your story more plausible
    Tight lower back? Aching knees? Poor hip flexor mobility? Weak glutes?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130876763

-=[Misc Scotch Crew]=-
    ***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Windwalka1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ha flower's are okay but for some reason I've never really been too fond of them.. Maybe if I came up with a great story it'd be a good laugh but idk...

Also incase you guys are wondering my total budget for more picnic foods and a small gift are about $60 or so. Please give some feedback I is stuck =/

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Windwalka1990 View Post
    Ha flower's are okay but for some reason I've never really been too fond of them.. Maybe if I came up with a great story it'd be a good laugh but idk...

Also incase you guys are wondering my total budget for more picnic foods and a small gift are about $60 or so. Please give some feedback I is stuck =/
    Dude, it's not the monetary value of the gift it's the time, effort and thought put into it that matters... for normal girls anyway. You did mention that she's picky... if she isn't appreciative of that then you need to let her go and find yourself another girl..

so anyway..

Things like knowing her favorite chips and soda go a long way. So anything that shows you put some thought and planning into it and includes some more things that are specific to her (like the dr pepper and the chips) will be fine. IF she's cool.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Baker her a cake and decorate / ice it. The ingredients will cost you next to nothing and you can get a good result just by putting in some effort.

Victoria Sandwich cake - any filling will do, so effectively its just two sponge cakes with a filling and some icing. You can write a 'happy birthday' message with cake ink on the icing, and sprinkle with some edible gliter.

Victoria sponge with strawberry jam
    knob of butter, melted
    225g/8oz butter, softened
    225g/8oz caster sugar
    4 large free-range eggs
    225g/8oz self-raising flour, sifted (you may need a bit extra)

For the filling
    6 tbsp good-quality strawberry jam
    300ml/10½ fl oz double cream, lightly whipped

To serve
    icing sugar, for dusting

Preperation
    Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

Gently heat the knob of butter in a pan and brush two 6in-7in/15cm-17.5cm cake tins with the melted butter. Line the bottom of the two cake tins with a circle of greaseproof paper.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, using an electric whisk or a wooden spoon. Beat well to get lots of air into the mixture (this should take a couple of minutes).

Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add a tablespoon of flour if the mixture curdles.

Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon. Be careful not to over-mix it.

Pour the mixture equally between the two cake tins and level off the top with a spatula. Make a slight dip in the centre with the tip of the spatula if you don't want them to be pointed in the middle.

Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cakes spring back when pressed gently with a finger and are pale golden in colour.

Remove from the oven and take them out of the tins after about 5-10 minutes. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely (for about half an hour).

Spread the sponge with the jam and the whipped cream, then carefully sandwich together.

Dust with icing sugar and serve.

I'm such a nice miscer.
    -101,221, I can see the light - thanks
    -129,871, getting closer
    -150,000, more than half way there!

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could always give her one of these:

britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Dude, it's not the monetary value of the gift it's the time, effort and thought put into it that matters... for normal girls anyway. You did mention that she's picky... if she isn't appreciative of that then you need to let her go and find yourself another girl..

so anyway..

Things like knowing her favorite chips and soda go a long way. So anything that shows you put some thought and planning into it and includes some more things that are specific to her (like the dr pepper and the chips) will be fine. IF she's cool.
    ^^^^^Agreed

For me the fact that someone had been so thoughtful would be more than enough of a present.
    *N.A.S.M CPT*

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing -George Bernard Shaw

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds - Orison Swett

kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

so anyway..

at least there is ONE voice of reason in this place

op: get her a small teddy bear and a box of choc. She'll be happy - if not drop her...

that is all

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Now I have to go watch the video

Op: what you have planned is great, most guys wouldn't put half the effort in even with more of a budget. I agree with the others, if she can't appreciate it than shes not worth your time
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with what everyone else has said. What you've got planned so far is very thoughtful, and she should love it. As far as an inexpensive gift, if you have any particularly nice pictures of the two of you together, have it printed and put in a nice frame.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sleev-les is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your plans are already on point bro.... Like said before, its the thought that counts!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One time when my boyfriend and I first started going out, it was valentines day and he baked me a heart shaped brownie with a crushed up reeses pieces bar in it. It was the sweetest thing in the world to me, and the fact that he took the time, effort, and thought to bake it especially for me...well....I thought the world of it, and I still do! Upon remembering that (which was a good 7 years ago)- must go give boyfriend extra hugs...
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Richy P View Post
    Baker her a cake and decorate / ice it. The ingredients will cost you next to nothing and you can get a good result just by putting in some effort.

Victoria Sandwich cake - any filling will do, so effectively its just two sponge cakes with a filling and some icing. You can write a 'happy birthday' message with cake ink on the icing, and sprinkle with some edible gliter.

Victoria sponge with strawberry jam
    knob of butter, melted
    225g/8oz butter, softened
    225g/8oz caster sugar
    4 large free-range eggs
    225g/8oz self-raising flour, sifted (you may need a bit extra)

For the filling
    6 tbsp good-quality strawberry jam
    300ml/10½ fl oz double cream, lightly whipped

To serve
    icing sugar, for dusting

Preperation
    Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

Gently heat the knob of butter in a pan and brush two 6in-7in/15cm-17.5cm cake tins with the melted butter. Line the bottom of the two cake tins with a circle of greaseproof paper.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, using an electric whisk or a wooden spoon. Beat well to get lots of air into the mixture (this should take a couple of minutes).

Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add a tablespoon of flour if the mixture curdles.

Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon. Be careful not to over-mix it.

Pour the mixture equally between the two cake tins and level off the top with a spatula. Make a slight dip in the centre with the tip of the spatula if you don't want them to be pointed in the middle.

Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cakes spring back when pressed gently with a finger and are pale golden in colour.

Remove from the oven and take them out of the tins after about 5-10 minutes. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely (for about half an hour).

Spread the sponge with the jam and the whipped cream, then carefully sandwich together.

Dust with icing sugar and serve.

I'm such a nice miscer.
    You bake but you don't sparkle??

This has my vote for sure!

Originally Posted by kineticforce View Post

op: get her a small teddy bear and a box of choc. She'll be happy - if not drop her...

that is all
    Don't get a teddy bear.

I agree with what many other posters said - it's the thought that counts and as long as you put some time and consideration into whatever you do, she will love it.
    DAYUM!!!

"Be stronger than your vagina"

Registered User cheerleader0720's Avatar
    cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

that is all
    No offense, but as a woman, I disagree. This is one of the worst gifts you could get her, because it's very generic and impersonal. A gift doesn't need to be expensive, but you do need to put some thought into it.

Does your girl like to read? If so, get her a nice hardback book you think she'd like. Does she like animals? Donate some money to a humane society in her name. Is she sentimental? Give her a framed collage of the two of you. Is she always complaining that her back hurts? Get her a professional massage.

The best gifts focus on your girl's individual interests. So far you've done well in planning to bring her favorite chips, etc. to the picnic; I'm sure you'll do fine in picking something else she likes.

OP here's what you do..
    Take back everything you've got so far. Download a hacked version of Adobe Illustrator for free and design some Cunnilingus Coupons. Get them printed at Kinko on thick matte paper for less than $5. Present to your woman and profit.

side note: No spicy food 4 hours before presenting gift.

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah, the usual male "I have to buy something for her" mentality. Someday people will realize if you listen to eachother, you don't have to spend a goddamn dime.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CoffeCanSlayer View Post
    Ah, the usual male "I have to buy something for her" mentality. Someday people will realize if you listen to eachother, you don't have to spend a goddamn dime.
    Hear, hear.

A thoughtful date together is the perfect present, even if it costs nothing but time.
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

Military Wife and Mom Julie5150's Avatar
    Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Shoot - my fav date-spot is a public park where my husband and I married - some of my fav soda and a mid-afternoon walk . . . awesome. Snugged away in the middle of the city, it's great.

LULZ - "how about my dick in a box" . . . lol - Love the hot-dog scene.
    Real women CLEAN with kettlebells

cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haha! I know whose girlfriend doesn't get birthday presents! In truth, this sounds like a cheap excuse to me. A girl shouldn't expect an expensive present, but a guy shouldn't expect to get off so easy as to not get her ANYTHING, either. "Listening" to her is not enough. "Listening" is a common courtesy we give strangers. If you don't have the money to buy her a present, MAKE her a present. Write her a letter, a poem, or a song. Put a scrapbook together for her. Do SOMETHING for her.

The bottom line is, everyone likes to feel special now and again. If a guy can't afford a present, a decent girl will understand, but she will still be hurt if you don't do ANYTHING.

kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RebeccaG View Post
    Don't get a teddy bear. I agree with what many other posters said - it's the thought that counts and as long as you put some time and consideration into whatever you do, she will love it.
    its not so much that it HAS to be a teddy bear - its more in HOW MUCH you're spending.. the medium/small bear is ~10 bucks.. and the chocs = ~10 .. 20 bones isnt much and I dont feel spending an @$$ load is worth it...

its just smothering and shows some kind of insecurity as you go insanely high... just because its her birthday doesnt mean you have to drop a mint and a half on her. Even a nice dinner out or even made by you means more to her than anything.. she wants to know you care. Money doesnt really = you care.
    Originally Posted by cheerleader0720 View Post
    No offense, but as a woman, I disagree. This is one of the worst gifts you could get her, because it's very generic and impersonal. A gift doesn't need to be expensive, but you do need to put some thought into it.

Does your girl like to read? If so, get her a nice hardback book you think she'd like. Does she like animals? Donate some money to a humane society in her name. Is she sentimental? Give her a framed collage of the two of you. Is she always complaining that her back hurts? Get her a professional massage.

The best gifts focus on your girl's individual interests. So far you've done well in planning to bring her favorite chips, etc. to the picnic; I'm sure you'll do fine in picking something else she likes.
    see above... and while you may see it as generic - Ive found women like small animals, they are "cute" and the woman will put them in a visible place.. just like when a guy wins you a prize at a fair.. isnt that BIG of a deal but he won it for you.. could be a stuffed banana - still cute and he won it for you...

lol @ no offense.. its a message board...

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haha! I know whose girlfriend doesn't get birthday presents! In truth, this sounds like a cheap excuse to me. A girl shouldn't expect an expensive present, but a guy shouldn't expect to get off so easy as to not get her ANYTHING, either. "Listening" to her is not enough. "Listening" is a common courtesy we give strangers. If you don't have the money to buy her a present, MAKE her a present. Write her a letter, a poem, or a song. Put a scrapbook together for her. Do SOMETHING for her.

The bottom line is, everyone likes to feel special now and again. If a guy can't afford a present, a decent girl will understand, but she will still be hurt if you don't do ANYTHING.
    Lol, you were so quick to speak you didn't even read what I said. I didn't say a person shouldn't get their s/o something. I said that if you listen, like open your ears and close that mouth, to the things she likes, you don't have to spend a dime. I pretty much said in two sentences what you just said in two paragraphs. I suggest you should do the same. Close mouth, open ears.

Thanks for all the responses female misssccc!! I forgot all about this thread up until now, but no worries now I have ideas for future dates, etc..

Just thought Id share what I went with, feel free to... rate it I guess? Haha

She loves Dr. Pepper that's the womans CRACK I swear. So I went to wal-mart bought two generic wine bottles (empty never used) filled it with Dr. Pepper and sealed with a cork.
    My nana (grandmother) and her met a few months back and she makes amazing home-made pizza, which she LOVED. Suprising cause she's so picky with food. Made that.
    Bought her favorite chips
    Had chocolate dipped strawberries
    And then some of her favorite ice-cream

We went out to a little known beach with a great view of the city and laid out all day/night.. Was probably the most romantic time/thing I have ever had/done.

Thanks for all the replies, sorry I showed no love to this thread until now but I subbed it for next time. Thanks again female misc!

Lol, you were so quick to speak you didn't even read what I said. I didn't say a person shouldn't get their s/o something. I said that if you listen, like open your ears and close that mouth, to the things she likes, you don't have to spend a dime. I pretty much said in two sentences what you just said in two paragraphs. I suggest you should do the same. Close mouth, open ears.
    You may not have MEANT that a person doesn't have to get their s/o something, but that's the way it came across. Perhaps if you HAD written more than that two sentences, your point would have been more clear. Communication skills...work on them, Bud.

Furthermore, being that this is an internet forum, the expression "Close mouth, open ears" doesn't exactly make sense, now does it?

You may not have MEANT that a person doesn't have to get their s/o something, but that's the way it came across. Perhaps if you HAD written more than that two sentences, your point would have been more clear. Communication skills...work on them, Bud.

Furthermore, being that this is an internet forum, the expression "Close mouth, open ears" doesn't exactly make sense, now does it?
    Your perception is not in my control. I don't feel like bickering like a 12yr old. So have fun

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you mean "picky?" You mean as in food prefences?

Call me a bitch but I have ZERO tolerance for those who turn up their nose at food that I took the time and effort to buy, prepare, and serve to them. They would be an ex so fast their head would spin.

Oh, and happy birthday to her.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Thanks for all the responses female misssccc!! I forgot all about this thread up until now, but no worries now I have ideas for future dates, etc..

She loves Dr. Pepper that's the womans CRACK I swear. So I went to wal-mart bought two generic wine bottles (empty never used) filled it with Dr. Pepper and sealed with a cork.
    My nana (grandmother) and her met a few months back and she makes amazing home-made pizza, which she LOVED. Suprising cause she's so picky with food. Made that.

We went out to a little known beach with a great view of the city and laid out all day/night.. Was probably the most romantic time/thing I have ever had/done.

Thanks for all the replies, sorry I showed no love to this thread until now but I subbed it for next time. Thanks again female misc!
    Sounds pretty good to me. How much did the whole thing run you? Probably way less than you were actually able/willing to spend right?

btw, please tell me you hit them skins on the beach under the moonlight.

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its not so much that it HAS to be a teddy bear - its more in HOW MUCH you're spending.. the medium/small bear is ~10 bucks.. and the chocs = ~10 .. 20 bones isnt much and I dont feel spending an @$$ load is worth it...

its just smothering and shows some kind of insecurity as you go insanely high... just because its her birthday doesnt mean you have to drop a mint and a half on her. Even a nice dinner out or even made by you means more to her than anything.. she wants to know you care. Money doesnt really = you care.
    see above... and while you may see it as generic - Ive found women like small animals, they are "cute" and the woman will put them in a visible place.. just like when a guy wins you a prize at a fair.. isnt that BIG of a deal but he won it for you.. could be a stuffed banana - still cute and he won it for you...

lol @ no offense.. its a message board...
    It should NEVER be a teddy bear.

I have so many stuffed animals and I have no idea what to do with them.

NO STUFFED ANIMALS. EVER.

Save your cash and buy me more chocolates.

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    What do you mean "picky?" You mean as in food prefences?

Call me a bitch but I have ZERO tolerance for those who turn up their nose at food that I took the time and effort to buy, prepare, and serve to them. They would be an ex so fast their head would spin.

Oh, and happy birthday to her.
    That's harsh.

Nice!!

I got what he was saying....

btw, please tell me you hit them skins on the beach under the moonlight.
    THIS!!
    DAYUM!!!

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

that is all
    Okay, that's it, you ALWAYS recommend teddy bears! I've concluded that you're either the owner of Vermont Teddy Bear, or you have stock in the company.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RebeccaG View Post
    It should NEVER be a teddy bear.

I have so many stuffed animals and I have no idea what to do with them.

NO STUFFED ANIMALS. EVER.
    Thank you! Gosh, this madness has to end. I despise plush as gifts--either giving or receiving. At one point, many women end up with too many, then what? Salvation Army or Ebay? Then one has to manage the guilt that comes with separating from the plush or hurting its feelings.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Originally Posted by NOVA888 View Post
    Thank you! Gosh, this madness has to end. I despise plush as gifts--either giving or receiving. At one point, many women end up with too many, then what? Salvation Army or Ebay? Then one has to manage the guilt that comes with separating from the plush or hurting its feelings.
    Even though it's been over ten years, my favorite part of a break up is tossing all the stupid stuffies.

I kept a very small bag of my most special stuffies from when I was a kid (for my kids), add to that all the ones I've been given over the years and then the MOUNTAIN of stuffies that came with each of my children.....

I could start a freaking carnival!

Death to PLUSH!!
    DAYUM!!!