Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

2008 Naturalmania Heavyweight Champ's Journey to the WNBF Worlds

Hi all, Dan Sehn here and I was the 2008 INBF Naturalmania Heavyweight Champion. I'm a natural for life competitor who came out of a seven year absence (how's that for an offseason... lol) to take my class at the Naturalmania. I'm 41 years old so I thought this journal might be of interest to some of the older competitors as well as a testament to the fact that drug free bodybuilding is often a marathon and not a sprint.

I'll be posting random things here on my way to the 2008 WNBF Nature's Best Pro Natural World Championships. I'll start off by posting some pics from last weekend's Naturalmania. Here are some from backstage and the heavies onstage...

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169095533

My Bodybuilding comicbook/manual: http://www.indyplanet.com/front/product/121372/

Hofstra University B.S. in Exercise Science

TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you look like someone carved you out of marble. again, great job man! you looked insane
    "Be the light, and shine for those who don't"

rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck in your prep for the World's. I did battle with you in the overall. Congrats on your WNBF pro card!!
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phi 4:13
    - WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder, Gym Owner & Promoter -

www.BEYONDLIMITSTRAINING.net ---> the hardest working gym in Columbus, Ohio!

INBF Natural Buckeye Classic & WNBF Pro Tournament of Champions:
    www.NATURALBUCKEYECLASSIC.com - April 13, 2013

cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Originally Posted by graphlex View Post
    Hi all, Dan Sehn here and I was the 2008 INBF Naturalmania Heavyweight Champion. I'm a natural for life competitor who came out of a seven year absence (how's that for an offseason... lol) to take my class at the Naturalmania. I'm 41 years old so I thought this journal might be of interest to some of the older competitors as well as a testament to the fact that drug free bodybuilding is often a marathon and not a sprint.

I'll be posting random things here on my way to the 2008 WNBF Nature's Best Pro Natural World Championships. I'll start off by posting some pics from last weekend's Naturalmania. Here are some from backstage and the heavies onstage...
    You look awesome! Outstanding muscle size, conditioning, symmetry. Congrats on your victory!

I have a question for you. Do you feel this year has been your best in terms of the way you looked on stage?

As a 37 year old nattie myself, it been a fun 20 year run of continual improvement. I hope he keeps going into my 40's.
    Competitive Natural Bodybuilder
    OCB/ABA/PNBA

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

-Erica Jong

shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortybow426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man you looked shreded in that show. totaly sick. good luck man i wil be following
    pain it temporary pride is forever

Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    congrats on your pro card and best of luck in the comming weeks as you get set to take on the BEST of the WNBF.

The Worlds is no joke! Bring you best! I'll be in the audience rooting you on!
    Rob "The Reason" Moran
    Sales Account Representative
    Scivation, Inc
    WNBF Professional Natural Bodybuilder

Become a Fan of Scivation: http://www.********.com/pages/SciVation/159679338681

www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Questions? E-mail me at rob@scivation.com

graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graphlex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheTrain View Post
    you look like someone carved you out of marble. again, great job man! you looked insane
    Thanks Cody! I will be looking forward to your next stage appearance as well as Ryan's. Your very thick and complete so I'm sure you'll be kicking @$$. Do you know Chris, last year's Hercules Novice Overall Champion? He trains at the same gym as Ryan and myself and he was in the open lightweights last Saturday.

Originally Posted by rich55 View Post
    Good luck in your prep for the World's. I did battle with you in the overall. Congrats on your WNBF pro card!!
    Thanks a bunch and of course congrats on your WNBF pro-card as well! You have some outstanding legs! Yeah the overall was fun and I surprised myself as the first person to break the line and move on over to you and Tyler. Had to give the crowd there money's worth, lol.

Originally Posted by cmamath13 View Post
    You look awesome! Outstanding muscle size, conditioning, symmetry. Congrats on your victory!

I have a question for you. Do you feel this year has been your best in terms of the way you looked on stage?

As a 37 year old nattie myself, it been a fun 20 year run of continual improvement. I hope he keeps going into my 40's.
    Thanks so much! Great shots in your profile (another old time ANPPC competitor I see). I do feel this was my best overall package most likely. I have taken years off competing here and there so giving myself that time to have an off season might have helped. I definitely think people can keep improving into their 40's due to muscle maturity and experience. Keep pumpin' that iron!

Originally Posted by shortybow426 View Post
    hey man you looked shreded in that show. totaly sick. good luck man i wil be following
    Thanks, dude. I was sitting near your peeps at the night show and you had quite a cheering section. You have one mean lat spread going there!

Originally Posted by Lando33 View Post
    congrats on your pro card and best of luck in the comming weeks as you get set to take on the BEST of the WNBF.

The Worlds is no joke! Bring you best! I'll be in the audience rooting you on!
    Big time thanks! The WNBF Worlds and right here in NY plus I wanted to see if I could improve my conditioning for myself rather than really worrying about any placements (which I know is excessively tough at the Worlds). I believe the judging to be very fair in the WNBF so I don't really think it's political like other organizations about building press at a smaller show or gaining momentum. It seems they just judge the bodies that are up there. Regardless of where I place I'm looking to make a few improvements that I felt I needed from the Naturalmania (especially in my night performance). It will be an honor just to be on that stage as well.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

My Bodybuilding comicbook/manual: http://www.indyplanet.com/front/product/121372/

TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheTrain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As a matter of fact I do know chris. We all went to high school together. I didn't get to see him with his shirt off but judging from what I could see through the clothes and his forearms he looked like he was bringin the pain haha. Although I'm on the fence, I think I might make my open debut with Ryan at the Hercules next year so we'll see. I'm thinkin a clean bulk till march then shred up to hopefully not come in dead last haha
    "Be the light, and shine for those who don't"

cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Yeah, those were the days. I initially competed in the NPC locally, because I could not find any close nattie events. I "bit the bullet" after a few years due to the fact that I kept missing the top spot. Once the playing field was more level, then I was able to compete for top position.

Which ANPPC shows did you do?

I am glad you feel that way about your gains into your 40's. I use to think when I hit 30, it was going to be down hill. Then it became 35. Now it's 40. I just want to keep pushing it off.
    OCB/ABA/PNBA

-Erica Jong

Originally Posted by TheTrain View Post
    As a matter of fact I do know chris. We all went to high school together. I didn't get to see him with his shirt off but judging from what I could see through the clothes and his forearms he looked like he was bringin the pain haha. Although I'm on the fence, I think I might make my open debut with Ryan at the Hercules next year so we'll see. I'm thinkin a clean bulk till march then shred up to hopefully not come in dead last haha
    Yes, Chris looked great and had super vascularity going on! We practiced posing a couple times at the gym so he (along with TJ) helped me shake the rust off my mandatories. Big props to TJ Lynch for anyone looking for private training, contest prep, or a posing coach. Dude knows his stuff!

I'll definitely be at the Hercules to root you and Ryan on! If you decide to do the show I'm sure you will do exceedingly well!
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by cmamath13 View Post
    Yeah, those were the days. I initially competed in the NPC locally, because I could not find any close nattie events. I "bit the bullet" after a few years due to the fact that I kept missing the top spot. Once the playing field was more level, then I was able to compete for top position.

Which ANPPC shows did you do?

I am glad you feel that way about your gains into your 40's. I use to think when I hit 30, it was going to be down hill. Then it became 35. Now it's 40. I just want to keep pushing it off.
    My first show was as at 19 years old with about 2 years of training and it was the 1986 ANPPC Eastern USA. I got second in the teen division without a clue as to what I was doing. The only NPC show I ever did was the 1992 NPC Natural New York City. This was the only natural NPC show I could recall seeing at the time and I won the heavyweight class at that one. I competed off and on with the ANPPC, ANBC, and USNBF (based in PA but I'm not sure I got those initials right). My top title in that time was the 1995 ANPPC Heavyweight National Champion. After that show another one of my competitive layoffs occurred but I came back in 1999 and those organizations were gone and the NGA (as the amatuer arm of the WNBF at the time) was the top game. The following year the INBF was born and I never looked back.

Honestly, in my 40's I seemed bigger, more cut, and vascular during my months of prep than in previous year's preps. Not that that matters on stage but it was definitely an ego boost.
    Last edited by graphlex; 09-26-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Thumbs up

That's good to know. Thanks for posting.
    OCB/ABA/PNBA

-Erica Jong

barlanti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey big buddy, thanks for your help and guidance in my comeback at the 2008 INBF Long Island Experience. Your knowledge and insight helped me to achieve my best shape ever. I know you recommend Scivation's Vasocharge pre-workout. It's been working great! My knees have been hurting lately. Any supplements to help that? Good luck at the Worlds!!

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very impressive!! Best of luck at worlds!

Chuckles
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

WOW! You looked beyond awesome! BEYOND AWESOME! That is a Pro Heavyweight right there!
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by barlanti View Post
    Hey big buddy, thanks for your help and guidance in my comeback at the 2008 INBF Long Island Experience. Your knowledge and insight helped me to achieve my best shape ever. I know you recommend Scivation's Vasocharge pre-workout. It's been working great! My knees have been hurting lately. Any supplements to help that? Good luck at the Worlds!!
    If I may...

I highly recommend Primaforce's Elastimine. Quick true story...I was in the middle of prep last year and had been taking this stuff the entire time. My joints were just fine, even with the low bodyfat and heavy lifting. Anyway, I ran out and didn't have more on the way so I could keep it in continual use. Needless to say my joints were on FIRE and hurt like all hell. Got my bottle in a few days later...and withing a day or two - the pain vanished and I felt just like I did before throughout the rest of prep. That was all the proof I needed right there that this stuff helped me out big time. I was also a catcher (played in the minors) for a long time, so my knees really LOVE this stuff!

Hope that helps...

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    If I may...

I highly recommend Primaforce's Elastimine. Quick true story...I was in the middle of prep last year and had been taking this stuff the entire time. My joints were just fine, even with the low bodyfat and heavy lifting. Anyway, I ran out and didn't have more on the way so I could keep it in continual use. Needless to say my joints were on FIRE and hurt like all hell. Got my bottle in a few days later...and withing a day or two - the pain vanished and I felt just like I did before throughout the rest of prep. That was all the proof I needed right there that this stuff helped me out big time. I was also a catcher (played in the minors) for a long time, so my knees really LOVE this stuff!

Hope that helps...

Sporto
    Hey Tommy, great to see you here. Loved the vids of you and Layne at your show.

The Primaforce Elastimine is definitely the way to go, Johnny. It has proven ingredients and is a solid product. When you get to our age though the joints really become a crucial element in a prep and that is why you might want to include some cissus quadrangularis.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    Very impressive!! Best of luck at worlds!

Chuckles

Thanks, Chuckles! Great legs in your pics!! I see you are an NANBF competitor and I know they have their Great Lakes Supernatural Muscle Classic USA Super Pro-Qualifier on the same day as the Worlds. That show will have the third heavy (besides Hercules Heavyweight Champion Anthony Monetti and myself) to enter the WNBF this year off a Super Pro-Qualifier. I'm sure it will be an exciting show!!
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    WOW! You looked beyond awesome! BEYOND AWESOME! That is a Pro Heavyweight right there!
    Gracias hermano! (I'm part Dominican but don't ask me to habla much beyond that, lol). Coming from a competitor that is helping to set new standards, the compliment means a lot!
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks, Chuckles! Great legs in your pics!! I see you are an NANBF competitor and I know they have their Great Lakes Supernatural Muscle Classic USA Super Pro-Qualifier on the same day as the Worlds. That show will have the third heavy (besides Hercules Heavyweight Champion Anthony Monetti and myself) to enter the WNBF this year off a Super Pro-Qualifier. I'm sure it will be an exciting show!!
    Thanks! That means a lot coming from someone at your level. I do plan on doing the NANBF USA's someday (possibly 2010 or 2011 the next time I compete). I'm hoping to win my pro card at some point in the future and join you on the pro stage. Thanks once again and best of luck at worlds.

Chuckles
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One thing I love about natural pro qualifiers there is usually a couple pros in the judging panel, and in the INBF this seems even more prominent. They really see this as a brotherhood, and if they give you the nod during that overall posedown you should take it as a BIG compliment. As in they recognize you as good enough to be one of their own.

I still remember the big talking to I got backstage after I got my WNBF Pro card. Still sends chills down my spine when I think about it.

Welcome to the brotherhood bro! Won't hold you up for too long...You got WNBF Pro stuff to do.

One thing I love about natural pro qualifiers there is usually a couple pros in the judging panel, and in the INBF this seems even more prominent. They really see this as a brotherhood, and if they give you the nod during that overall posedown you should take it as a BIG compliment. As in they recognize you as good enough to be one of their own.

I still remember the big talking to I got backstage after I got my WNBF Pro card. Still sends chills down my spine when I think about it.

Welcome to the brotherhood bro! Won't hold you up for too long...You got WNBF Pro stuff to do.
    Thanks a load! I did, however, get no such nod at the overalls as, due to some bad advice that I was foolhardy enough to try, I had spilled over so bad by the night show that the only nod I could deserve during the overalls was a nod indicating that I should move offstage. I also listened to a friend about not reapplying my color which was a big mistake. Don't get me wrong though, I wasn't beating the Overall Winner even in my prejudging shape. Dude was sliced!! I do think I helped make the posedown entertaining none the less.

This was a super pro-qualifier though and each class winner receives a WNBF Pro Card. Rest assured I'll be changing the game plan for the night show of the Worlds.

Thanks so much for the welcome and it's great to have a quality competitor and person such as yourself as a brother in said WNBF brotherhood.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Here is a couple more pics. Front double biceps and a back shot...

Last edited by graphlex; 09-27-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

Leg Day

I always find people's leg workouts interesting so I thought I would post mine. I did them Thursday. It was the first leg workout since the show so I'm still sore today, lol.

Leg Extension
    120 x 20
    150 x 20
    170 x 20

Squats
    135 x 15
    185 x 15
    225 x 15
    275 x 15
    315 x 20

Leg Press
    8 plates (total... not each side) x 20
    12 plates x 20
    16 plates x 15

Hack Squat (sled touching the bottom)
    2 plates x 15
    4 plates x 15
    6 plates x 12

Leg Curls
    70 x 12
    90 x 12
    110 x 10
    110 x 10

Glute Ham Raise
    bodyweight x 20
    25 x 15 + bw for 5
    25 x 15 + bw for 5

Stiff Legged Deadlift/Romanian Deadlift
    185 x 15
    225 x 15
    275 x 15
    315 x 20

Glute Machine
    50 x 50

Supplements
    Scivation Vasocharge
    Scivation Xtend
    Whey Protein

Barlanti always ribs me about squatting 315 for 20. I did that for over 20 years straight but do find that I don't always make that number these days. I can hear people asking, "20 years? Why not move the weight up?". I have to say in that time it never felt easy. I did play blackjack a few years and did 21, I guess in my squatting prime. I always felt that if there was any surplus I would put it into the leg press. I always had a problem lowering from my pr's so although I did 25 once (not sure where that came from) I knew if tried to do that regularly I would set myself up for dissapointment. Somehow the psychology worked in my head and kept me going year after year. Luckily I have my ego in check and can accept the recent 15 rep days. It dissapoints Barlanti but I reply, "What, do you think I'm going to be squatting 315 for 20 at 75 years old?" lol.

Legs really seperate the men from the boys. You even see some enhanced guys with huge upper bodies and no legs. I like to say, "Legs take heart and heart don't come in no pill". Bad grammar but it sounds more hardcore that way, lol.
    Last edited by graphlex; 09-28-2008 at 10:33 AM.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

I see how you got those legs now. Those numbers in contest shape...WOW!

I see how you got those legs now. Those numbers in contest shape...WOW!
    This coming from a drug free quadzilla! I'm honored. Can't imagine what your legs will look like now that you are back to squatting!
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder healthybodies's Avatar
    healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthybodies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't get me wrong though, I wasn't beating the Overall Winner even in my prejudging shape. Dude was sliced!! I do think I helped make the posedown entertaining none the less.
    Hey Dan, I checked out the pics and results on the INBF website. MAN you are not kidding. Talk about a man who is blessed. I would'nt have been heart broken losing to him either.

No doubt in the heavies though, you had em all covered hands down. Great job, your pics are amazing. I am looking forward to following your progress. I'm 37 in a couple of weeks and I believe whole heartedly that my best years are still ahead of me. Watching you will keep me believing so NO LETTING UP!!
    Last edited by healthybodies; 09-28-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    Brad J Loomis RKC
    TEAM AST SPORTS SCIENCE
    www.healthybodiesfitness.com
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

100% Natural Bodybuilding
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/team-3dmj-brad-loomis.php

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126210633

"As long as we honor God, nothing is impossible NOTHING!" - Facing the Giants

Originally Posted by healthybodies View Post
    Hey Dan, I checked out the pics and results on the INBF website. MAN you are not kidding. Talk about a man who is blessed. I would'nt have been heart broken losing to him either.

No doubt in the heavies though, you had em all covered hands down. Great job, your pics are amazing. I am looking forward to following your progress. I'm 37 in a couple of weeks and I believe whole heartedly that my best years are still ahead of me. Watching you will keep me believing so NO LETTING UP!!
    Thanks Brad! As mentioned, Berto, Ben, and your condition were on my mind during the prep and still lets me know that there is room for better conditioning at the Worlds.

I'm sure at 37 you'll be tearing it up!!
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

barlanti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's happening Big Buddy?
    I'm a big believer in Pre-Exhaust Exercises.
    I read a Franko Columbo book years ago where here describes several different variations like:
    Dumbbell Flyes directly into Dumbbell Press, or
    Lateral Raises directly into Shoulder Press.
    Will you give me an example of a Pre-Exhaust Exercise for Back? Hamstrings?
    Thanks ...Johnny

Originally Posted by barlanti View Post
    What's happening Big Buddy?
    I'm a big believer in Pre-Exhaust Exercises.
    I read a Franko Columbo book years ago where here describes several different variations like:
    Dumbbell Flyes directly into Dumbbell Press, or
    Lateral Raises directly into Shoulder Press.
    Will you give me an example of a Pre-Exhaust Exercise for Back? Hamstrings?
    Thanks ...Johnny
    Back is a little tough to pre-exhaust since most back exercises are compound movements. A pullover machine or a reverse fly machine are your best bet for an isolation movement followed by a row (T-Bar, Barbell, seated cable) or pull up (wide grip chins, pulldowns) motion. I know most people use reverse flyes for rear delts but they can be quite effective for back training as well. It's all about adjusting your position and having that mind/muscle connection.

For a hamstring pre-exhaust you would again do your isolation movement (leg curls, single leg curls, seated leg curls) followed by your compound motion (stiff legged deadlift, glute ham raise). You can see that is the exercise order in my hamstring training as well as pre-exhausting my quads with leg extentions prior to squats.

A great strategy to employ but you may have to check your ego at the door as this can lower some of your poundages on those compound motions that we all love to attack with heavy weight.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder