Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    In!
    And first. Can't wait to see what you can do with 4+ years of growing season.
    Me neither!!
    Originally Posted by tonsti View Post
    Always a joy to follow!! Do it up E!!
    Glad to have you, and I will!
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    inonpage1!!!

seriously man, you have been such an inspiration this season, as well as a great source of info. i'm glad to have been able to follow along for the past few months, and and very much looking forward to following this LONG offseason. i have no doubt that the improvements you make will absolutely BLOW AWAY the physique that was already good enough to win you the pro card. subbed for sure!
    Hey thank you so much for the kind words, and I'm humbled to hear I could provide some inspiration, I'll do my best and the we'll see what I look like in my mid thirties!
    Originally Posted by ArmsOfFerrum View Post
    Subbed ! I've been lurking for a while in your previous thread. Time to post something ! Congrats on the pro card ! Following your journey has been really inspirational and I am sure you will continue to achieve great things not only as a bodybuilder.
    Thank you so much! And I appreciate the support!
    Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    In coach!
    Glad to have you Moses!
    Originally Posted by StaticZ View Post
    In! Congrats on your victory Eric. I look forward to seeing what you're able to accomplish over the coming years.
    Me too Eric!
    Originally Posted by xKyle10 View Post
    In, congrats once again on the pro card and good luck with the PhD endeavors. Will be a nice long offseason and I am sure many of us will benefit with your take on how to approach it.
    I hope so, I know I've benefited so much from the logs of others and the insight I've seen through their experiences, hopefully I can give back
    Originally Posted by AllGenetix View Post
    in, especially for the ******** drama!
    lmao i saw that earlier today... reps for the laughs
    HA, yeah life wouldn't be life without drama kept me entertained that day though
    Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    1st page!

Man, seeing you have the commitment to stick to this for the next 4-5 years really helps me stay motivated for a 2 year off-season after my shows in the coming months. I already know I'm going to struggle holding myself back from getting on stage! Just shows that you really do need to take time to grow if you want to stay competitive!
    I know just what you mean! In 07 after my first competitive season, I wanted to LIVE on stage once I blocked out the memory of the brutal diet lol, luckily I ate myself into obesity and had no hope of getting lean enough in late 07...if I had, I likely would not have the physique I have now. It also helped that 08 berto competed and won every local show in the northern california area and 3 pro cards...it really showed me "oh...that's what an overall winner looks like....I'm not ready lol" that helped me stay in the gym and the kitchen and off the stage for 2 years. It paid off in 09, and it paid off this year taking off 2010. BUT, I made a whole lot more progress in 08 than I did in 2010, just goes to show, the further you take it, the more work (read time and patience) it takes to make further progress...I'm somewhere in that high level intermediate nearly advanced stage and I have to really plan out progress now....in advance to say the least! I always remember how olympic athletes peak (not that I'm at that level), they plan to hit PRs at the next olympics....some Oly lifters go up 5kg from one olympics to the next, and that's good! Once you're past the honey moon phase as a natural you have to stop expecting "cell tech advertisement" rate of gains. Yeah I am going to try to get my stage weight up to 185-195...but I'm taking 4 years to do it, and I don't plan on getting over 10% bodyfat in the process.
    Originally Posted by CklueD View Post
    in!
    Originally Posted by kcjoynt View Post
    You know I'm in!
    Originally Posted by YoMoMsB View Post
    IN on this bish!
    Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    I'm lerking.
    Glad to have you boys!
    Originally Posted by BaFtub View Post
    In Favorite guys all around, phone call be coming your way soon!
    Two way street, looking forward to the call brother
    Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    This will be great! Beast mode engage.
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    In for the ride E!!! Keep doing the damn thing.
    Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    In mate!
    Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    in on 1rd page
    Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    In on the journey E!
    Glad to have you all!
    Originally Posted by NattyFLEX View Post
    Definitely in on this Eric

Can not wait to see you after 4 years of growing!!
    Hey me neither dude!
    Originally Posted by ChrisSierra View Post
    i'll be at the npc san fran for sure!
    Cool, I'll be there too lol
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    You know I'm in!
    Originally Posted by Lathareo82 View Post
    In on this!
    Join the party!
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    So in on this! You're such an inspiration man. I will follow you for as long as you have this log! Try your best to keep it going even when you leave for school!
    JP I will definitely keep it going when I'm in school. I love my team, my fam, and the folks who support me and share my passions, I'm a social creature in that regard, and skype, email, and message boards will keep my sane while I'm on the other side of the planet!
    Originally Posted by coloBB View Post
    in on this Eric. And a HUGE late Congrats on the win and pro card! Couldn't have happend to someone more deserving, just goes to show what a little bit of determination can do.
    Thanks man, you never know what you can accomplish until you push yourself to your limits...and then find you have none
    Originally Posted by ehlisl View Post
    You know Im here E!! Congrats again on EVERYTHING!!!
    LUKE! One of my huge inspirations! We aren't playing brides maid anymore! Class of 2010 welcomes Class of 2011, couldn't be more humbled to follow your foot steps PRO!

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Subbed
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Def in on this. Looks like we have a very similar plan, except ill be shooting for my pro card next go around. I kind of want to go INBA an hopefully get my pro status so I can do the natural olympia/universe. I know I wont be anywhere near the level those guys are at but Id like to do a large show like that and see how far I am from those physiques. I will also be taking quite a few years off. After competing in 2009, 2010, and 3 this year I feel I need a nice long offseason to bring up some areas. I feel like I havent really had a true offseason since Ive become more serious, so Im interested to see how I progress with what Ive learned the past few years. If I can maybe put on a lb of lean mass a year I will be happy. Ill be competing next close to around the same time as you. It would be awesome to share the stage with you. Looking forward to following your progress Eric.
    556/325/622 - 1504 total raw @ 193
    551/319/567 - 1437 total raw @ 181
    Best gym lifts - 575/340/650

***Inventor of the GENESIS JACK***
    WWW.KLEVABUILT.COM
    IG: KLEVABUILT

Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only because your cool will I follow. haha...Seriously...really looking forward to watching you grow all around in life, sport...just not too much around the belly...Quelly...lol. See you at the show in October.
    -100lbs Club

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com
    Natural Bodybuilding's Dream Team

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So I've got to ask. Since you don't plan on exceeding 10% bf, do you intend on trying to maintain a constant, long term caloric surplus and slowly put on weight and maybe if the need arises just do a couple mini cuts over your extended off season, or do you intend on doing a bulk/cut, bulk/cut sort of thing. If I remember correctly, Berto no longer believes in the whole bulk/cut approach and thinks a more moderate constant surplus to be more beneficial in the long run in terms of adding and keeping quality lbm gains.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    Subbed
    Glad to have you Peter!
    Originally Posted by Slovation View Post
    Def in on this. Looks like we have a very similar plan, except ill be shooting for my pro card next go around. I kind of want to go INBA an hopefully get my pro status so I can do the natural olympia/universe. I know I wont be anywhere near the level those guys are at but Id like to do a large show like that and see how far I am from those physiques. I will also be taking quite a few years off. After competing in 2009, 2010, and 3 this year I feel I need a nice long offseason to bring up some areas. I feel like I havent really had a true offseason since Ive become more serious, so Im interested to see how I progress with what Ive learned the past few years. If I can maybe put on a lb of lean mass a year I will be happy. Ill be competing next close to around the same time as you. It would be awesome to share the stage with you. Looking forward to following your progress Eric.
    Steve you can take it as far as you want in this sport, you've got lines, bellies, aesthetics, and structure and most importantly, DRIVE. I can't wait to see when you return and it would be an honor to take the stage with you, 2015 here we come
    Originally Posted by DREhova 87 View Post
    Only because your cool will I follow. haha...Seriously...really looking forward to watching you grow all around in life, sport...just not too much around the belly...Quelly...lol. See you at the show in October.
    Glad to have you Dre, and I'll see you in October dude, but I won't be on stage...more on that in a second
    So I've got to ask. Since you don't plan on exceeding 10% bf, do you intend on trying to maintain a constant, long term caloric surplus and slowly put on weight and maybe if the need arises just do a couple mini cuts over your extended off season, or do you intend on doing a bulk/cut, bulk/cut sort of thing. If I remember correctly, Berto no longer believes in the whole bulk/cut approach and thinks a more moderate constant surplus to be more beneficial in the long run in terms of adding and keeping quality lbm gains.
    Funny you should ask Billy, in fact the following post will answer this question and address my overall plan and my short term plans, things have changed with regard to me competing anymore this year and I'm going to detail the diet training the whole 9 yards about all that in a sec

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    Funny you should ask Billy, in fact the following post will answer this question and address my overall plan and my short term plans, things have changed with regard to me competing anymore this year and I'm going to detail the diet training the whole 9 yards about all that in a sec
    *taps foot waiting as patiently as possible*
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    *taps foot waiting as patiently as possible*
    Joins in!

The Plan!

So, for those who followed my prep log you may have seen my last couple of log posts mention how I didn't realize how much my quest for my pro card was tied in to the grief over losing my father in 09 during prep, and how completing that goal was an emotional catharsis for me...well...its been quite an emotional last couple of days, and I've been wanting to want to do the NPC San Francisco, but hell my heart is just not in it and I can't make myself do it....I know I've been trying. I feel like I've ended a chapter, and I didn't realize how big a bag of bricks I'd been carrying.
    Well I talked to the guys, and they are in complete support with me not competing anymore and finishing my season, I'm lucky to have such understanding supportive brothers.

So, the next phase begins, and I've got a plan, and I'm excited about it! This is the first season I have a healthy metabolism going into the offseason (well relatively healthy, for a guy who had to diet on 100g of carbs and got to striated glutes), and there is no insane cravings, hunger, or stress related to counting macros, or a Hawaii trip planned So I'm looking forward to being able to transition really smoothly to the offseason without fat gain of much consequence. I've had a lot of success with high carb days and subsequent low carb days for fat loss, as it seems to circumvent a lot of the metabolic adaptations I get that make fat loss harder, and I also seem to gain best in a leaner state.
    So, the dietary approach is going to be cyclical, very similar to Lyle's UD2 for mass gains, at least in principle. Borderline keto with a modest deficit 3 days per week, some hypertrophy, pump up bodybuilder style training to deplete me a bit, a cardio session or two, followed by a carb up timed with training, and then a couple days at a modest surplus. Essentially 4 days a week I'll be in a surplus, 3 days in a deficit with a net SLOW gain of weight. Really I'm honestly looking for less than 10lbs a year, closer to 5lbs or so if doable. It might not look like it on the scale initially, as glycogen levels come back, muscle is regained that I lost, and I store a bit of inevitable fat that comes from being very lean and transitioning from a diet, but I think long term I'll be seeing 175-179 weigh ins on my deficit days for at least a few months.

Here's the initial setup I'll be following, going light on the calorie intake initially as I'm not fully up to speed metabolically:

Nutrition

Mo 60f/100c/265p
    Tu 60f/100c/265p
    We 60f/100c/265p
    Th 40f/500c/200p (90% of carb intake comes in the meals post workout on this day)
    Fr 40f/600c/200p
    Sa 50f/350c/225p
    Su 60f/300c/250p

Nutrition and Supplementation Details: Water will be 1-1.5 gal/day, I will be getting 1-3 serv of fruits and greens a day, I like asparagus, baby spinach and broccoli, apples, strawberries, bananas, blueberries, blackberries and the occasional orange. Fiber intake I'll keep at 25g+, on days when I have more than 100g of carbs this normally happens without any effort what so ever. I'll also be doing Purple Wraath dosed between meals (which gives me beta alanine and citrulline malate in addition to the leu spike), HMB at 5g/day in two doses, a low dosed multi vitamin, 6g of fish oil/day from Orange Oximega which will net a good 3g of epa/dha daily, creatine from green bulge or green mag, and blue gene I will keep in for the cissus and carnitine.

Training: Keeping it fun and interesting is a priority, and I have a few general principles I will focus on in the many different programs and periodization schemes I'll be following. First, I'll be still focusing on progressive overload on the big three, and competing in powerlifting. That will always be a part of my program. I've seen great benefit doing high frequency squatting, and low frequency deadlifting and auto regulating by feel there. But, no matter what I'm doing, I'll always be doing lots of squats
    That being said, I spent too much focus on powerlifting and not enough on bodybuilding the last couple years. I noticed a harder, grainier denser physique this year, even at higher bodyfat percentages, but I think I didn't focus enough on keeping in higher volume, and higher rep work because that "pumped-up" muscle size and fullness was lacking in my physique and as subjective as that sounds, the correlation is pretty obvious to me. So keeping in the occlusion work on my legs and arms (tried delts today too) 1-2x/week and keeping in some higher volume work I think will be necessary.
    Also, I am going to need to focus on my weak points. I brought up my chest and quads significantly I believe, and I think dumbbell pressing, benching and hack squats were key for that. That won't change. However, I neglected my arms and lats too much this season, my upper back, erectors and traps are still in good shape, but man I need more lat width big time and my arms shrunk a bit. So I've got a plan for that!
    First off, I'm allowing myself "extra credit" on arms and medial delts. Meaning, I have some weights at home, there are weights at work, and if I have time I can bop over to the gym. If my arms feel recovered, and I have the time, I'll get in a few sets here and there not to failure whenever I want. My strength has not dipped at all on arms or back, despite the size loss, so I'm pretty convinced just keeping my volume higher here is key. Then I'm also going to have an arm day, I'll go in, do some pump up work not to failure, occlusion and in general be a total bro once per week. I'll auto regulate the volume based on how much "extra credit" I got on my arms that week and how they feel it won't be too crazy, because my plan for my lats will result in a lot of extra arm work.
    SO! For the big issue, my lats, I've got a specific program in line to focus in on them. As I said, strength isn't down, and when my lats were their biggest I was doing a lot of pulldowns and volume. So, I've got a pull up bar at home, pull up bar at work, and the gym is close, so I'll be doing DAILY pull ups. Not to failure, in fact well short of failure, but the goal will be to rack up a total weekly volume of pull ups, and then progress it with sets of 6 for 4 weeks, then taper back and build it back up again, and higher, with sets of 7. While I'm doing this, my upper body days will be very push focused, and in general to facilitate systemic recovery I won't be going nuts with volume since I'll be getting a ton from the pull ups. It is outlined below:

Pull Up Lat Specialization Cycle

Week 1: 5 sets of 6 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 210 reps Total daily volume: 30 reps
    Week 2: 6 sets of 6 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 252 reps Total daily volume: 36 reps
    Week 3: 7 sets of 6 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 294 reps Total daily volume: 42 reps
    Week 4: 8 sets of 6 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 336 reps Total daily volume: 48 reps
    Week 5: 5 sets of 7 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 245 reps Total daily volume: 35 reps
    Week 6: 6 sets of 7 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 294 reps Total daily volume: 42 reps
    Week 7: 7 sets of 7 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 343 reps Total daily volume: 49 reps
    Week 8: 8 sets of 7 every day, at any time, spread out or together clustered, Total weekly volume: 392 reps Total daily volume: 56 reps

Rest of the Training Schedule

Mo Lower Hypertrophy (12-15 reps, 3-5 sets/bodypart + Occlusion), Cardio in the morning, 30min LISS, power walk while I do client work on my phone
    Tu Upper Hypertrophy (12-15 reps, 3-5 sets/bodypart + Occlusion), Cardio in the morning, 30min LISS, power walk while I do client work on my phone
    We Cardio 30mins or so, LISS or MISS depending on how I feel, normally study while on the elliptical
    Th Squats, Overhead Press (1-5 reps, 4-6 sets each), Cardio if I feel like it in the morning
    Fri OFF
    Sa Deads (2-3 sets of 3 @80% 1RM), Squats (1-5 reps, 5-8 sets), Bench Press (1-5 reps, 5-8 sets)
    Su Arms, Medial Delts (3-5 sets of 10-15/bodypart)

The above will be auto regulated closely as to minimize failure and lower volume based on feel and how beat up and/or under recovered I may or may not be

So...it starts tomorrow!

Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mschaid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are one strategic mo fo and I absolutely love it. In!
    Only the beginning...

okay had to share this since its my first sword

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    that is probably one of the most detailed outlines of plans i've seen on this site to date... and it looks awesome! i really like how you structured the specialization cycle as well and the diet as well. i've been considering doing something similar with my diet and structure the higher cal days around my lagging body parts, or perhaps days that i have a hard workout scheduled, like a hypertrophy leg day or something.
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000)
    and in general be a total bro once per week.
    I totally lost it here lol! I'm with ya' man, I've been thinking the same thing for myself.

devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love it. I'm doing a little bit if bi's and tris 3-4 days a week right now. And have thought about daily exercises at light weight before, just never put it into action. I think it will only result in great things for you Eric. Glad you were honest with yourself and the guys about competing again this season. Would hate to see you get up there not at your best because your head and heart aren't in it.
    CAN and WILL
    100% Natural Bodybuilding
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM
    www.biolayne.com

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think its great you are cutting your season short to start on some new goals. You competed in so many shows in 09 to reach your goal that it took alot out of you. I really like that you are reversing the approach this time around and getting back to work. One distinct memory I have of earning a Pro Card was the sudden realization that I will be on stage with guys who have all won overall titles. Hopefully next year when I get on stage again the 3 years of off season work will provide me the changes I feel I need to be competitive. It will be fun to watch your approach to getting on the pro stage as well.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in on this! Congratulations again, Eric, couldn't have happened to a better guy and a more dedicated bodybuilder - best of luck in your off season and your studies. It'll definitely be an exciting couple of years for you! Also, lots of Controlled Labs supps up there... did someone get a sponsorship with his pro card?
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!

toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To get here I had to use the muscle that so far has gotten me the farthest: my heart.

That's a pretty damn good quote right there my man.
    I'd say it entails this next phase perfectly as well.

Selfish as it may sound. I really wanted to see you compete with all the pieces in place.
    You'll be way happier that you didn't.
    I like the new training plan to. Take the bits of systems that work for YOU and do that. Numbers and all that other b.s. will follow because, well, that's the set up lol

And certainly not last. I'm proud of you and what you've done.

~Mother Hen
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

My sport is your sports punishment

Tricks are something whores do for money...or candy.

Team BK

Training journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148831101

TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In on this! Good luck on the future goals! Will you still be coaching folks from overseas?
    Natural competitor...soon to be Natural Pro!

Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eric, I am disappointed that all 4 of the teammates will not be on stage together, but I totally understand. If your heart is not in it, that is a strong sign that the time is right to call it a season. Very excited for you to get right back at it, and start improving on an already strong physique. I'm sure you will continue to make progress. Time goes by quicker as we get older. You will look back on this 4-5 years from now, and it will feel like months not years. Trust me on that. You are great about putting things in perspective and living the lifestyle. I'm still working on that, and I learn from watching you and others as well as from our talks.

Congrats on that pro card! Shame on me, I didn't congratulate you this past weekend. My head was kind of messed up, and I was preoccuppied. I'm happy for you, and you are quite deserving. Keep doing what you do!
    Luis Stoner Jr.

Stay patient. This game is a marathon not a sprint.

"Sure there are days when I wish I could just be 'average' and eat three meals a day like everyone else. Then I look around and see what kind of shape the 'average' person is in and the thought passes quickly." - Tom Venuto, natural bodybuilder.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130527583

that is probably one of the most detailed outlines of plans i've seen on this site to date... and it looks awesome! i really like how you structured the specialization cycle as well and the diet as well. i've been considering doing something similar with my diet and structure the higher cal days around my lagging body parts, or perhaps days that i have a hard workout scheduled, like a hypertrophy leg day or something.
    Just remember, that the recovery and growth from a workout comes the days after a training session, and that it takes time to assimilate food and store glycogen, I have found some good success training the morning after a high carb day, and then also realizing that lowballing your food the day after a heavy, hard, intense day in the gym might not be optimal for growth...so while cyclical approaches and timing nutrients with training is essential, just make sure to think about the variables at play. Notice my off day is my highest carb day It repairs the day before and sets me up for the next day...but its pretty individual
    Originally Posted by Lathareo82 View Post
    I totally lost it here lol! I'm with ya' man, I've been thinking the same thing for myself.

Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    I love it. I'm doing a little bit if bi's and tris 3-4 days a week right now. And have thought about daily exercises at light weight before, just never put it into action. I think it will only result in great things for you Eric. Glad you were honest with yourself and the guys about competing again this season. Would hate to see you get up there not at your best because your head and heart aren't in it.
    You know it would not even be an issue of not being at my best, really its just an emotional thing, I need to turn the page, start a new chapter, I've been "relentless warrioring" it for about 2 years straight and now that I accomplished the goal I set out to accomplish I need a transition. Pushing another 2 months really would not be fun or enjoyable and my heart is just not in it...and it just doesn't make sense to target a show specifically to have fun...and hate doing it...lol
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I think its great you are cutting your season short to start on some new goals. You competed in so many shows in 09 to reach your goal that it took alot out of you. I really like that you are reversing the approach this time around and getting back to work. One distinct memory I have of earning a Pro Card was the sudden realization that I will be on stage with guys who have all won overall titles. Hopefully next year when I get on stage again the 3 years of off season work will provide me the changes I feel I need to be competitive. It will be fun to watch your approach to getting on the pro stage as well.
    So much work to be done and I'm so excited to do it! I can't wait to see what we can accomplish Paul, skys the limit!
    Originally Posted by wheathins View Post
    in on this! Congratulations again, Eric, couldn't have happened to a better guy and a more dedicated bodybuilder - best of luck in your off season and your studies. It'll definitely be an exciting couple of years for you! Also, lots of Controlled Labs supps up there... did someone get a sponsorship with his pro card?
    LOL, I've been sponsored by controlled labs for 4 years dude
    Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    To get here I had to use the muscle that so far has gotten me the farthest: my heart.

That's a pretty damn good quote right there my man.
    I'd say it entails this next phase perfectly as well.

Selfish as it may sound. I really wanted to see you compete with all the pieces in place.
    You'll be way happier that you didn't.
    I like the new training plan to. Take the bits of systems that work for YOU and do that. Numbers and all that other b.s. will follow because, well, that's the set up lol

And certainly not last. I'm proud of you and what you've done.

~Mother Hen
    Thank you so much Todd, your support and camraderie over the years has been awesome and I'm lucky to have a friend like you for reals
    Originally Posted by TQsmooth5 View Post
    In on this! Good luck on the future goals! Will you still be coaching folks from overseas?
    Oh most definitely, we coach a BUNCH of athletes overseas right now! Brits, Aussies, New Zealanders, Middle Easterners, Europeans, South Americans, and we have a straight GAGGLE of east coast and mid west and southern clients, won't change a thing! Skype, Email, Text, Cell Phone baby!
    Originally Posted by Stoner90 View Post
    Eric, I am disappointed that all 4 of the teammates will not be on stage together, but I totally understand. If your heart is not in it, that is a strong sign that the time is right to call it a season. Very excited for you to get right back at it, and start improving on an already strong physique. I'm sure you will continue to make progress. Time goes by quicker as we get older. You will look back on this 4-5 years from now, and it will feel like months not years. Trust me on that. You are great about putting things in perspective and living the lifestyle. I'm still working on that, and I learn from watching you and others as well as from our talks.

Congrats on that pro card! Shame on me, I didn't congratulate you this past weekend. My head was kind of messed up, and I was preoccuppied. I'm happy for you, and you are quite deserving. Keep doing what you do!
    Hey Luis, it's a learning process...the easy part of this sport is figuring out how to get lean, how to get big, how to peak etc. in comparison to finding a way to integrate this sport with your life and be able to do it with as little stress and as much enjoyment as possible. And I'm GLAD you forgot about me, this last weekend was about YOU!! Last show of the season, your FIRST season! I wanted you to kick it off with a bang and enjoy yourself! It was awesome seeing you join the cult

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LOL, I've been sponsored by controlled labs for 4 years dude
    haha well would you look at that... it even says it plain as day in your signature! Color me embarassed, my bad haha
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    SOOOO In on this!!
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it was a good move to just get going on the growing. So to clarify...your going to be taking in bcaa's in between meals? 15 grams worth?
    -100lbs Club

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh bang!

Like the layout. Grease the groove there will make you a pull-up master!

Originally Posted by wheathins View Post
    haha well would you look at that... it even says it plain as day in your signature! Color me embarassed, my bad haha
    don't trip its all good
    Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    SOOOO In on this!!
    Glad to have you Paul
    Originally Posted by DREhova 87 View Post
    I think it was a good move to just get going on the growing. So to clarify...your going to be taking in bcaa's in between meals? 15 grams worth?
    I'll be taking a scoop of purple wraath between meals, one first thing in the morning, one pre workout, and then one between PWO meal and 3rd meal and one between 3rd and 4th meal. So a total of 28g of EAA/day, which I count towards my protein intake.
    Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Oh bang!

Like the layout. Grease the groove there will make you a pull-up master!
    Hopefully it will also make my lats grow lol

el_toreros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow!

I must be freakin' computer illiterate. How come it's only now that I became aware of this part of the forums! These threads would be a real help. I've always trained alone (I train in a commercial fitness gym with all the mommies, and no, not like the hot mommies in here. Also, I come from the Philippines where bodybuilding is not yet mainstream, not to mention that successful natural bodybuilding is virtually unheard of.). It's been difficult for me to keep motivated and consistent. Also, I don't have anyone to ask when I have some queries. With these, hopefully, I'll be more consistent. I'm really sorry for the OT. I got pretty excited!

Anyway, nice meeting you, Eric. I wish you all the luck to your future endeavors!

Needless to say, I'm subscribed and I'm hoping to learn much from you and the other bros here.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by el_toreros View Post
    Wow!

I must be freakin' computer illiterate. How come it's only now that I became aware of this part of the forums! These threads would be a real help. I've always trained alone (I train in a commercial fitness gym with all the mommies, and no, not like the hot mommies in here. Also, I come from the Philippines where bodybuilding is not yet mainstream, not to mention that successful natural bodybuilding is virtually unheard of.). It's been difficult for me to keep motivated and consistent. Also, I don't have anyone to ask when I have some queries. With these, hopefully, I'll be more consistent. I'm really sorry for the OT. I got pretty excited!

Anyway, nice meeting you, Eric. I wish you all the luck to your future endeavors!

Needless to say, I'm subscribed and I'm hoping to learn much from you and the other bros here.

Thanks!
    Yeah "bodyspace" is just a tiny corner of this site, and its new, only been around a couple years, these forums have been going strong for almost a decade now

Day 1: August 22 2011

Intro

Wow...officially turned the page onto a new chapter of my life...my first offseason as a pro. It's crazy, and I am motivated! I had an awesome day eating higher fat and protein than I'm used to since I was dieting on 40/100/220 on low days, so even though 60/100/265 might seem brutal to most, to me it was nice lol "I get to have an omellette with egg whites AND a whole egg!? "
    Training was nasty good today, focused on the volume and finished off with occlusion, also I'm getting really loose with my nutrition...I have taken off my cap on diet soda So yeah I might even have 3 cans today GETTING CRAZY FOLKS!

Nutrition
    UD2 for Mass (kinda)

60/100/265

Training

Lower Hypertrophy (warm ups excluded)

Squats (low bar)
    275 x 12, 10, 10, 8, 8

RDL
    275 x 10, 10, 10

Calf Raise
    250 x 15, 15, 15, 15

Occluded Leg Curls 4 sets
    Occluded Leg Extensions 4 sets

Daily Pull Up Quota: 30 reps (5 sets of 6)

Debrief

Got in 3 sets of 6 pull ups at the gym, I'll get another 2 sets of 6 at home when I get off work.

http://www.microgiving.com/profile/erichelms

dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000) dogg74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats Sir Helms!... Welcome to the Pro's..been a long time coming. Do what needs to be done...and no doubt you will succeed at the highest limits!
    "Shadow X-Factor"
    Play Time is Over...This is "SHOWTIME"
    Destiny Soon Awaits!..."LIGHT'S OUT"!
    Team Norton/Team Scivation
    Mercerless Muscles Training
    No Excuses...An Excuse is like an A$$hole...No one wants to SEE IT...HEAR IT...or SMELL IT!

LOL...your Hypertrophy squats are my 6 rep ME days. LOL
    -100lbs Club

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com