I3ULL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are All Creatine-Nitrate and L-Arginine Nitrate Products Patented by Thermolife?

Hi All!

I am new to the community, and relatively new to the bodybuilding arena as well. I was doing research on lots of different preworkout mixes, and after reading up on the site about the benefits of Creatine Nitrates, I also came across several posts about Thermolife suing other companies for patent infringement. Most of the threads I found discussing this were aver a year old, and there was back and forth about if the patent even really held water.

I also found old posts were it seemed like obtaining Creatine Nitrate in bulk was fairly easy, or several members made it sound that way. However that does not seem to be the case any more. So I am just wondering if:

A) Did Thermolife win the right to control all Creatine Nitrates? (And Other Amino/Nitrate compounds)
    if so
    B) Are those products that offer Creatine Nitrate in their mixes licensing it from Thermolife? Or does that mean their "Creatine Nitrate"s may not be created equal in some way to get around the infringement claims? Or did Thermolife just lose this battle?

C) Is it the same for all "nitrates" like L-Arginine Nitrate? (in terms of control and patent? Are some protected and others not?)

D) Are there still sources for bulk "patent free" haha Creatine Nitrate? (I had found year old threads were people were talking about this, but not much since)

E) If it is patented, when does the patent for that particular category run out?

I have been digging through the search results but started coming up with more questions than answers, so I was hoping that by consolidating all of those questions into one new thread, someone might be able to help inform me of what is really going on. I am coming across a lot of positive reviews for the "nitrate vs mono" debate, and finding several different companies offering their version of a nitrate compound/mix, so I am just wondering how they are able to do it, and if its ok to go with those other companies. I would like to know the whole picture so I can make better buying decisions.

If anyone could shed some light on the whole story and what has resulted (if anything) that would be great.

Thank you all, I am very excited to start being an active member of the BB community!

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Creatine Nitrate is patented by Thermolife, so any "bulk" sources not consented by Thermolife are infringing as well as I understand. There are some good companies that are legally selling creatine nitrate and other nitrates in their products such as Cellucor C4, Muscle Pharm, USP Labs, Arnold and some others. I believe Thermolife has patents on amino nitrates as well. I dont know all the specifics of every patent, and please keep in mind Im just a board rep and do not work at the office and have all the specifics.

Some companies are selling nitrate products without consent and are being served and be well taken care of in the court of law. I will not discuss specific companies on this board for now.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does Thermolife even exist anymore?
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    I would love nothing more, but alas, they do. They just seem to spend all their time suing and being douchey. Not their rep, but the company proper. I like dear leader.
    For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.1 Nephi 20:10

JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnTheHonest is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lives from patents, at least

KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, and (and Ive been saying this for a long time sorry) but we will, I really mean will have a product line coming out at some point.

Originally Posted by TheGilmore View Post
    I would love nothing more, but alas, they do. They just seem to spend all their time suing and being douchey. Not their rep, but the company proper. I like dear leader.
    Just keep in mind there are two sides of the story, its douchey to infringe on someone else's intellectual property...the unfortunate thing is the consumer gets fed up with the politics that goes on behind and I cant blame them. I get annoyed with all the lawsuits between Apple and Samsung for example (Im an Apple fan.)

Thanks for the compliments Ill put in a word for you for eternal Visa and discounts for First Class flights on Air Koryo

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    Yes, and (and Ive been saying this for a long time sorry) but we will, I really mean will have a product line coming out at some point.

Just keep in mind there are two sides of the story, its douchey to infringe on someone else's intellectual property...the unfortunate thing is the consumer gets fed up with the politics that goes on behind and I cant blame them. I get annoyed with all the lawsuits between Apple and Samsung for example (Im an Apple fan.)

Thanks for the compliments Ill put in a word for you for eternal Visa and discounts for First Class flights on Air Koryo
    It's mostly the way the owner talks. He has an extreme superiority complex and acts like an antagonistic child.
    For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.1 Nephi 20:10

Originally Posted by TheGilmore View Post
    It's mostly the way the owner talks. He has an extreme superiority complex and acts like an antagonistic child.
    He has been a polarizing figure over the years. The only thing I wish people can do is respect the level of standard in testing and quality he has set for the industry.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

He has been a polarizing figure over the years. The only thing I wish people can do is respect the level of standard in testing and quality he has set for the industry.
    I do respect the contributions. I just wish it was someone else.

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO it's a "don't hate the player, hate the game" situation

whatever your opinion is of the gentleman in question, the guy got a patent on something that really works, and if he can sit back and rake in cash licensing it to other companies to use and while chilling in a beach chair, good for him...we'd all be doing the same thing if it were us...including the suing the pants off of whoever tried to use our stuff without paying part
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C

Originally Posted by RVAPump View Post
    IMO it's a "don't hate the player, hate the game" situation

whatever your opinion is of the gentleman in question, the guy got a patent on something that really works, and if he can sit back and rake in cash licensing it to other companies to use and while chilling in a beach chair, good for him...we'd all be doing the same thing if it were us...including the suing the pants off of whoever tried to use our stuff without paying part
    Lol, nice wording....yeah, he is doing a bit more than that. There are new patents being placed on new novel ingredients, as well as marketing plans for our new product line that is still in development. Thermolife did also host an awesome bikini contest this summer, and thats what's most important!! http://vimeo.com/73432981

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine Nitrate is patented by Thermolife, so any "bulk" sources not consented by Thermolife are infringing as well as I understand. There are some good companies that are legally selling creatine nitrate and other nitrates in their products such as Cellucor C4, Muscle Pharm, USP Labs, Arnold and some others. I believe Thermolife has patents on amino nitrates as well. I dont know all the specifics of every patent, and please keep in mind Im just a board rep and do not work at the office and have all the specifics.

Some companies are selling nitrate products without consent and are being served and be well taken care of in the court of law. I will not discuss specific companies on this board for now.
    Does the patent cover the use of Potassium Nitrate as well?
    Olympus Labs/Lyfestyle Research & Development (R&D) Director

Originally Posted by THEHUGE View Post
    I really dont know, Ill try to see if I can get an answer to that.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really dont know, Ill try to see if I can get an answer to that.
    OT, but I was at venice beach earlier and took a picture with the office in the background. too bad they weren't vending vasolate via lemonade stand, lol
    Team VPX Sports

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/vpx.htm
    www.Instagram.com/VPX_Sports
    E-mail your information below for samples!
    Samples@vpxsports.com

DISCLAIMER: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by THEHUGE View Post
    ThermoLife does have several valid patents that cover some specific uses of Potassium nitrate and has more applications in the works to cover additional uses of Potassium nitrate and many other nitrates and uses of nitrates. I suggest anyone who is considering making a product with nitrates contact the office directly.

All questions can be sent to info@thermolife.com

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ThermoLife does have several valid patents that cover some specific uses of Potassium nitrate and has more applications in the works to cover additional uses of Potassium nitrate and many other nitrates and uses of nitrates. I suggest anyone who is considering making a product with nitrates contact the office directly.

All questions can be sent to info@thermolife.com
    Will do. In the meantime, can I get some pump-bol samples please?
    ********* I like cats crew *********
    ********* I like dogs crew **********

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I imagine the outrage by companies if he gets a patent on Potassium Nitrate will be huge.

I don't see how it would be possible though, my wife said they have been using in the medical field for years, so its not a "new and novel ingredient"
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    I imagine the outrage by companies if he gets a patent on Potassium Nitrate will be huge.

I don't see how it would be possible though, my wife said they have been using in the medical field for years, so its not a "new and novel ingredient"
    I dunno the in's and out's of the financial side of things with this business, but I have heard from a couple of reps from other companies that the royalty fees are fair. There may be varying opinion of course as is in every business.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol, nice wording....yeah, he is doing a bit more than that. There are new patents being placed on new novel ingredients, as well as marketing plans for our new product line that is still in development. Thermolife did also host an awesome bikini contest this summer, and thats what's most important!! http://vimeo.com/73432981
    Are they worldwide or US only patents?
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.