Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ectomorph: 6' 3", 153.4 Pounds, 5.9% BF, 5 Months Progress!!

Hey everyone! Just got my first dexa scan done today and thought it would be a good time to post some pics! I was really shocked when I got the results that I'm 5.9% BF! Was a real eye opener that I need to eat eat eat. Well anyways here they are. Don't be too harsh... first time I've ever really tried posing. Keep up the good work.

Info: I started at 135 pounds before beginning my bodybuilding journey. I would post the pictures as images in the thread but I don't have 50 posts yet. I also have another thread containing earlier progress pictures taken at 3 months and when I was starting if you would like to compare progress. These pictures were taken 2 Months and 4 Days after my 3 Months Progress Pictures.

PS: For all the nonbelievers I scanned the dexa scan results for you as well. Enjoy!

Last edited by HardgainForLife; 08-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.

HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardgainForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Last edited by HardgainForLife; 08-20-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Starting!

3 Months!

Last edited by HardgainForLife; 08-20-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Dexa Scan Results!

Last edited by HardgainForLife; 08-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.

giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) giovanny22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Groce
    Snapchat Crew

as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000) as3d is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyone else think he's not 5.9%?
    looks like 7ish to me.
    I think you know what you need to do from here. Don't come back unless you're over 180.
    370/240/440

www.********.com/olympusfitnessaustralia

#Strength
    #Aesthetics
    #Mastery

Originally Posted by as3d View Post
    looks like 7ish to me.
    I think you know what you need to do from here. Don't come back unless you're over 180.
    Yeah I know I need to eat!! I'm just going by the dexa scan. They are a lot more accurate than calipers and believe they sway 1% BF either way in accuracy depending on a few factors like water weight etc etc.

DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely lean, I wouldn't be surprised if you really were 6% (rounded up). Now you need to bulk.

XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100) XtremeDiogo is not very well liked. (-100)
    One word "Bulk"

Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to look like that bro... I am still skinny but definitely feel better about my self. Honestly man, thats nothing to be proud off.
    Atlanta Falcons!!!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Weezy32 View Post
    I used to look like that bro... I am still skinny but definitely feel better about my self. Honestly man, thats nothing to be proud off.
    Thanks for the encouragement man... if you don't have anything nice to say feel free to keep to yourself. I've never lifted weights a day in my life before 5 months ago.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by as3d View Post
    looks like 7ish to me.
    he has very little muscle mass so might not look as lean but could be. 6% would look ridiculous on someone like 200lbs bodyweight at 5'10 not 150lbs at 6'3.
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JavaxMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Auschwitz survivor needs food. Just kidding bro but srsly quit starving yourself and eat meat. theres no excuse for someone at 74 inches to be under 185 lbs.

Originally Posted by JavaxMan View Post
    Auschwitz survivor needs food. Just kidding bro but srsly quit starving yourself and eat meat. theres no excuse for someone at 74 inches to be under 185 lbs.
    I don't starve myself man. I eat 4-5 meals a day with a whey protein shake after workout and casein/cottage cheese before bed. I have a really fast metabolism and this is the result. My PWO has a bit of creatine in it and I take a multivitamin as well. I just need to up the calories I guess. I'd rather bulk from a really cut physique than a mediocre cut. I was 135 before I started working out so I must be doing something right.

OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneAndOwnly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what has been seen..etc etc

beansnpork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dem ribs, somebody needs to put on a little weight.

Originally Posted by beansnpork View Post
    Dem ribs, somebody needs to put on a little weight.
    Look up Frank Zane vacuum pose... argument failed. Everyone saying I need to put on weight must not realize that I started at 135 and am now 153. Nothing but haters around here.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HardgainForLife View Post
    Look up Frank Zane vacuum pose... argument failed. Everyone saying I need to put on weight must not realize that I started at 135 and am now 153. Nothing but haters around here.
    thats good man you have made progress but your still very underweight that is just the reality. Your 6'3 and 150lbs that is very thin. You need to put on about 80lbs even if that means some fat you would look much better around 200-220lb range and its going to take a lot of food for your height/metabolism. With your genetics you just need to eat a lot more then most people to put on weight, so don't be afraid of high caloric foods. You have a good base to bulk right now though I would bulk for the next year at least.
    updated 2011
    bw-Urijah Faber

Originally Posted by JRemix View Post
    They are haters because you posted yourself at 153 without the 135 shot, that would show progress.

Anyway - progress is great and I am sure you had to work hard to get from 135-155. However, nothing is impressive on this site until you are big *muscular* and lean.

Now that you're very lean yet lack lean mass - find out your maintenance calories and eat 500-750 cals above that number every day. Lift heavy and focus on major compounds like bench, deadlift, squat, rows etc. Actually lift heavy. Do this for about a year (you are so lean that you won't have to even worry about being 15% body fat for at least 7-10 months) and you will be NOTICEABLY bigger. You'll probably end up at 175-177lbs @ a low teen percentage by then and actually be looking muscular.

Us guys without much lean mass but who are lean absolutely have to eat - lift heavy and add the muscle mass. Cause being lean is not impressive unless you got the size to go with it. Otherwise - use the leanness to your advantage and bulk.
    500 above maint is not going to work for him imo. Some people the norm just wont work, he needs to eat a lot more I'd say even double maint. Your nearly 1 foot shorter then him at the same weight and how many calories do you eat to gain weight? He would need probably double or triple that.
    updated 2011
    bw-Urijah Faber

Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hodzic12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Considering that you apparently gained about 20 pounds in 5 months thats actually pretty damn good, if you keep that going for about a year you will be perfect size. Im not hating at all since I too am about 6 foot 1 and weight 150-155 depending. Im sure you have realised that our body types gain muscle very easily and thats why you should use that to your advantage. So just keep bulking , and like the one guy said keep to compound excercises and you should be good to go in no time man . good luck with your training !
    100% Bosanac

kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't starve myself man. I eat 4-5 meals a day with a whey protein shake after workout and casein/cottage cheese before bed. I have a really fast metabolism and this is the result. My PWO has a bit of creatine in it and I take a multivitamin as well. I just need to up the calories I guess. I'd rather bulk from a really cut physique than a mediocre cut. I was 135 before I started working out so I must be doing something right.
    great another guy brainwashed with broscience bull**** and you should eat more
    Eat like a horse, sleep like a baby and grow like weed.

Originally Posted by kentuckync View Post
    great another guy brainwashed with broscience bull**** and you should eat more
    broscience bull****? care to explain?

kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    broscience bull****? care to explain?
    it's not necessary to take a whey shake after your workout or casein before bedtime.
    just make sure you eat enough calories daily !
    Eat like a horse, sleep like a baby and grow like weed.

GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you explained that people wouldn't be so angry towards you idiot. That's why girls realize how much of an ass you are and leave you because YOU leave out details and think of them as illogical, OP you mad I mind raped you?
    .................wait.......wut?

**New Jersey Crew (908)**

Originally Posted by GetThatThing View Post
    If you explained that people wouldn't be so angry towards you idiot. That's why girls realize how much of an ass you are and leave you because YOU leave out details and think of them as illogical, OP you mad I mind raped you?
    Yeah I added it a bit late in the first post. Thought I already had it in there. No worries man.

Originally Posted by kentuckync View Post
    it's not necessary to take a whey shake after your workout or casein before bedtime.
    just make sure you eat enough calories daily !
    Casein / Cottage cheese are slow digesting proteins. This allows for your body to be in less of a catabolic state when you arise in the morning. Even though I don't believe that this has been proven, any extra food here and there is not going to hurt me at this stage. I understand that I do need to eat a lot more (Probably almost double what I am now).

GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetThatThing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP is starting to not seem like a *******.
    .................wait.......wut?

**New Jersey Crew (908)**

Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Casein / Cottage cheese are slow digesting proteins. This allows for your body to be in less of a catabolic state when you arise in the morning. Even though I don't believe that this has been proven, any extra food here and there is not going to hurt me at this stage. I understand that I do need to eat a lot more (Probably almost double what I am now).
    You really think it takes longer to digest casein or cottage cheese than a steak or chicken breast? Please go. Try and eat a bunch of meat before bed, will take longest to digest, and is of much higher quality.
    GF found my misc crew
    No GF Crew

Originally Posted by Rushed77 View Post
    You really think it takes longer to digest casein or cottage cheese than a steak or chicken breast? Please go. Try and eat a bunch of meat before bed, will take longest to digest, and is of much higher quality.
    Enjoy http://skinnybulkup.com/fast-and-slo...-from-fiction/

MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you should take a gander at the the nutrition forum hardgainforlife... nutrient timing really doesn't matter. you need to think of your metabolism and nutrient/calorie intake over the course of days and weeks, not hours. i too used to believe all the "bro science" but have recently adopted IF which doesn't follow any of the old bro tactics(eating every 2 hours, no carbs before bed, etc etc).... regardless, if you do enjoy cottage cheese then eat it, but it really doesn't matter that it has casein in it. as rushed said, protein is protein. your body cannot tell the difference when its breaking it down to be used. I for one would rather have a real meal before bed, rather than nasty cottage cheese....i would also suggest tracking macros, and consuming 4000 calories or more a day....but good luck with your goals, whichever route you take
    xTUNAx CREW
    SOYBOY CREW