Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

AdamWW's Perpetual Bulking Log - The Time Has Come

This first entry is going to have to serve as more a placeholder than an actual first entry considering I (1) need to take some updated and non-iPhone/casual photos, and (2) I need to decide on a more consistent format for my updates. That being said, let's lay down some fun FACTS!

Why I'm Doing This/What I've Done Already
    I am starting this log primarily as a means for motivation as I attempt to gain muscle mass into the indefinite future. My roots run pretty deep in the gym already, although you might not guess it to look at me. My story began at the age of 17, a time at which my body composition could only be described as "soft" (185lbs, probably 25% BF). I stood the same 6-feet, 0-inches tall I do today, but I was not atheletic, and probably carried exactly the same LBM while being a good 30 pounds heavier. Yeah, it wasn't good.

By the time I reached winter of my senior year of high school, I decided I wanted to the lose weight; nothing drastic, maybe down to 160 or so until I decided to try to gain some muscle again. I have been chubby for the better part of my life - 12+ years old or so - and this was the first time I put my foot down and made a dedicated move in the right direction. My plan was to eat about 2000 calories per day and see where it got me, and at the time I knew very little about nutrition and basically went off anything I found online that seemed relevant or believable to my uneducated mind. Needless to say, we're talking a sh*t-load of egg whites, plain oats, chicken, brown rice, salad, you get the idea, and a cheat meal once per week.

One month into my cut, I had lost 10 pounds. Two months.... 20 pounds. By the time I had got to spring bbreak, I was down to 155lbs. At this point, I was happy with how I looked, but something was causing a block in my mind - I could not break the cycle of dieting for fat loss. The feeling of accomplishment felt similar to winning an award to acing a final at school... I was finally WINNING control over my body, if that makes sense. I became more motivated by changes on the scale than changes in the mirror... and I continued to drop weight.

By graduation.. I stood 6 feet tall... and (wait for it)... 125 pounds. Let that soak in for a second there. ONE.... TWENTY... FIVE. That's about how much Dakota Fanning weighs soaking wet carrying a purse with my balls in it. Everyone I knew was scared for me, thought I didn't eat at all. But I did eat, I was simply in CONSTANT calorie deficit for so long and I was lifting weight and doing cardio every day. My calorie intake was something like 1300 calories per day.

I needed a change. One morning when getting out of bed, I got so dizzy I almost fainted. I went to weigh myself as I did every week, and I had broken 125lbs down to 124. With that, I realized how unhealthy I had become: it hurt my pelvis and spine to sit in chairs at school, I was getting weaker, and I was always hungry. That summer I started loosening my diet, and as hard as it was to man-up and make the change, I think it probably saved my life. When I started college in the fall, I ate more, worked out with weights but limited the cardio, and I started to gain some weight back. By Christmas I was back to 140lbs (15 lbs in 4 months). I added about 15 pounds every year until I got to about 160lbs, and I was tested at my college at 10% bodyfat... which means I had put on a good deal of muscle. I was getting better.

Fast forward to today.. I'm 154lbs, and I'm sick of not making progress. I think the mental block I have about gaining weight stems from my past experiences feeling so accomplished when loosing it - the act of changing one's motivation in regards to weight from losing to gaining is a hard thing to do, but I am ready. Lets... Fackin.. DO THIS.

No more pansy ass diets...

No more relapsing into weight-loss mode...

No more excuses..

I have one shot at this, one life, and I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself.

If you're willing to be patient while I draft my posts, I'll be back updating weekly with pictures (I hope) and I'll detail my deit and workout as much as possible.

Thanks everyone for checking it out, and I'll be back soon.

God-Bless!
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As an initial update, I wanted to detail my diet plan. Keep in mind, I don't necessarily adhere EXACTLY to this on every day of the week, in fact weekends vary a great deal in terms of actual food choices, but I always hit the macros.

I will only be reducing cals on non-training days by about 100-200 or so. However, if I hit the same calories, that's fine too I have plenty of room to work with extra right now.

My approach is what I would call structured flexibility - I have about 75% of my calories 100% planned, and have FREE calories in certain places where I can choose whatever I want to fill them. One great thing about this is that I basically don't have to think about the food I prepare for the majority of my meals (which is great because I'm really busy with work, etc), but it also allows me variety so I don't go insane. I also structured my diet to include the free calories ONLY if I had already satisfied my macro needs. So, for instance, I need about 160g Protein and 80g Fat as a minimum. Not including my "free calories", I had 250g of carbs. Using simple max: (160+250)*4 = 1640; 80*9=720; then Subtract that sum (2360) from 3100 (my calorie goal), you get 740. So, I have 740 "free" calories to add on, and I basically put about 500 of those with my dinner as I currently didn't have a dedicated carb source during that time (and I like my carbs), and then something small with about 250 calories around 4PM, or roughly 3 hours pre-workout (I don't like being too full while at the gym because of my reflux).

Here's what it looks like on paper:

Meal 1: ~7AM

300g of Greek Yogurt
    8oz of Almond Breeze U.S.V.
    40g Walnuts
    Large Banana (~130g)
    2 Ezekiel English Muffins
    45g Organic Apple Butter (for muffins )

Meal 2: ~12PM

PROATS!!
    - 120g Oatmeal (raw weight)
    - 1 Scoop ON Whey
    - 50g Almonds
    also I have:
    - 100g Cucumber
    - 100g Carrots

Meal 3/'pre-workout' Time: ~ 4PM
    - 250 Free Calories (usually something like a couple granola bars, or something light on the stomach)

Workout from 7-8:30

Meal 4: ~9PM

- 4oz Ground Turkey
    - 2 Omega-3 Eggs
    - Large Serving Baby Spinach
    - Medium Tomato
    - 100g Blueberries
    - 500 FREE CALORIES (examples: homemade pizza, PB&J Sandies, Sweet Potato, Cereal with Milk, etc, so long as it's 500 calories).

That's it for the food. I also take 2 digestive enzyme pills, 1 Orange Traid pill, and a Fish Oil pill with breakfast, then 2 more enzymes and another fish oil with dinner.

That's about it! Weekends, like I said, vary a bit but are always somewhat similar in terms of macros.

TOTALS:

Calories: ~3100
    Protein 160+
    Fat 80+
    Carbs 250+

And HERE is a picture of my stomach right after eating meal 1 this morning:

Last edited by AdamWW; 08-19-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam2519 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck with this, I'll be lurking
    You may squat twice as much weight as me, but if its only half depth, I'm callin us even.

Originally Posted by Adam2519 View Post
    Good luck with this, I'll be lurking
    Thanks man!

Training Update:

My training schedule consists of 4-5 Lifting Days and 20 minutes of moderate cardio 3-4 days per week (I do this for general health - it also helps me with endurance during lifting). My cardio is usually either inclined 4mph walking post workout on the treadmill, or low resistance stationary bike work.

Typically, I do 4 days of lifting, but sometimes I change it up and do a "power/benchmarking" day on Monday to measure progress on a few key lifts: Bench, Deadlift, Squat.

On the power/benchmarking days, I do about 4 sets of each exercise, trying to get 5 rep maximums out.

A Sample Week (which DOES include benchmark days):

Monday: Benchmark Day

Squat: 4 Sets x 5 Reps/Set

Bench: 4-5 Sets x 5 Reps/Set (this is lying, flat, BB press)

Deadlifts: 4-5 Sets x 5 Reps/Set

Cardio: Treadmill 20min

Tuesday: Chest/Biceps/Abs

Wednesday: Back/Calves/Cardio

Thursday: Legs/Abs/Cardio

Friday: Shoulders/Triceps/Calves

Weekends: Mild Cardio if Any

Now here is a sample week WITHOUT benchmarking days:

Monday: Chest/Biceps/Abs/Cardio

Tuesday: Back/Calves

Wednesday: Dynamic streching/Cardio 30min

Thursday: Legs/Abs

Friday: Shoulders/Triceps/Calves/Cardio

My intensity is pretty high, even though I'm not strong enough yet for huge lifts... but I workout till my gut bleeds (so to speak)

Some days I also go on a morning walk (about a mile-two) or an evening one.

Weekends: Same.

ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    GL Adam. Don't get skurred if you add a little fat. Adjust and keep on rolling.

zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good luck. nice bulking title lol what do your current 5-rep maxes look like with squats, bench, and deadlift? Just curious, as we weigh the exact same and you may be like an inch taller.
    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
    -Philippians 4:13

Check out my fat loss transformation...
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/become-a-lean-teen-machine.html

My bulking log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133838001

alanaragonblog.com
    leangains.com

Originally Posted by zhall616 View Post
    good luck. nice bulking title lol what do your current 5-rep maxes look like with squats, bench, and deadlift? Just curious, as we weigh the exact same and you may be like an inch taller.
    Honestly man, I don't even know right now. I added those 'benchmark days' to start next week so I could START to monitor the lifts.

My GUESS would be I could do squats at 5 reps at about 185-200, DL probably about 225, and Bench Maybe 155 on a good day.

The thing with me is I usually use DB's because I have long arms, and I find it easier to get full stretches on my pecs when I use the DB's and it's easier for me to squeeze at the top.

I'll definitely letcha know as time goes on what happens!

I'm leaving for gym in a few mins for Delts and Triceps and Abs.. I'm FULL of energy today because I had some extra carbs at Bfast and I slept in after having the day off.. AND it's SUNNY in Seattle

Today's gunna be a high-volume day, and I have 6 Kashi Blueberry Waffles, Almonds, Myofusion, and some veggies waiting for me after the workout

Keep in mind, i never was the STRONGEST guy, though at one point I did squat about 255 for 8 reps.. that was the best I ever did Also my chest is one of my weak points, with my BACK being my absolutely strongest.

Originally Posted by ko300zx View Post
    GL Adam. Don't get skurred if you add a little fat. Adjust and keep on rolling.
    Thanks man!

Yeah I don't even care right now.. the thing is my weight is VERY susceptible to fluid changes, etc, so one day I can look puffy and the next im ripped.. it's weird really.

I'm also weighing every WEEK as opposed to every day, so that should help keep my mind at ease some.

ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ko300zx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Thanks man!

Yeah I don't even care right now.. the thing is my weight is VERY susceptible to fluid changes, etc, so one day I can look puffy and the next im ripped.. it's weird really.

I'm also weighing every WEEK as opposed to every day, so that should help keep my mind at ease some.
    If your weight is very susceptible to change, maybe you want to try weighing a couple times a week just so you don't have one week where you increased a few pounds and the next week decreased a few pounds and you see an artificial loss. If you weigh more frequently, you can pick up on this fluke instead of thinking it's actual weight loss (or gain). Just something to think about.

Originally Posted by ko300zx View Post
    If your weight is very susceptible to change, maybe you want to try weighing a couple times a week just so you don't have one week where you increased a few pounds and the next week decreased a few pounds and you see an artificial loss. If you weigh more frequently, you can pick up on this fluke instead of thinking it's actual weight loss (or gain). Just something to think about.
    Good point, I might start doin that!

Back showing some definition after my workout today:

Just had my post workout today:

6 Kashi Blue Berry Waffels (450 cals)
    100g Carrots (40 cals)
    100g Cucumber (~20 cals)
    1 Scoop Myofusion (156 cals)
    50g Almonds (290 Cals)

Total: 956 Cals
    Last edited by AdamWW; 08-19-2011 at 04:29 PM.

RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm eating more than that, and I'm on a cut. I realize I'm 40 lbs heavier, but still..

You need about 200g protein, 275g carbs, and 100g of fat if you want to gain any weight.

Originally Posted by RaketenWerfer View Post
    I'm eating more than that, and I'm on a cut. I realize I'm 40 lbs heavier, but still..

You need about 200g protein, 275g carbs, and 100g of fat if you want to gain any weight.
    That's only 2800 calories, I'm eating 3100. Also, those macros aren't necessary, I'm eating well above required protein and fat levels.

chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In on this siht! Reading your story adam brings back wicked memories for me. Even tho I'm on the oppositte end of the spectrum (fat) , I too had the anorexic past. Anyways, I'll read the rest tommorow. Glad to see you got a log.

RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500) RaketenWerfer is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    That's only 2800 calories, I'm eating 3100. Also, those macros aren't necessary, I'm eating well above required protein and fat levels.
    Okay, I am looking forward to you proving me wrong.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    GL bro. Just keep at it. I've had success by setting definitive timelines to keep me from reverting back to the "OMG I'M TEH FAT" eating patterns. (IE: I am currently bulking for 10weeks minimum. I can throttle cals back/up +100-200 a week if my weekly average weight exceeds my predetermined goals, but beyond that I cannot cut until these 70 days are up)

Funny thing is--my name is Adam, and my backstory is similar to yours, just less extreme in every dimension. Regardless, the unhealthy relationship with food and mental block to gaining weight is something I too am in a constant struggle with.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Okay, I am looking forward to you proving me wrong.
    It's not a matter of right vs wrong, the macros you gave me add up to 2800, and I'm eating 3100... I don't see how 2800 is > 3100?

Thanks for the support funkymonk!

It's not going to ne easy overcoming the mental side, but I think with careful planning like you said I will get there. I already feel stronger and my lifts are increasing!

You wrote this:
    Protein 160+
    Fat 80+
    Carbs 250+

How are you getting 3100 calories? Your "free meals" that's how. All of the ones you listed are pretty much solid carbs. Your carb intake is super high ~440g in order to make up for the low protein and fat.

Edit: Had a stupid moment, haven't slept in 22 hours. This is what I meant: Due to rounding done on labels, you're actual calorie count will likely be close to 3000 calories with the grams I posted.
    Last edited by RaketenWerfer; 08-20-2011 at 06:55 AM.

NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You wrote this:
    Protein 160+
    Fat 80+
    Carbs 250+

How are you getting 3100 calories? Your "free meals" that's how. All of the ones you listed are pretty much solid carbs. Your carb intake is super high ~440g in order to make up for the low protein and fat.

Also, there are other nutrients in food which "up" the calorie count besides those three. If you ate food with the grams I posted, the calorie count would be close to 3000.
    Let's just let him get on with it and see how he goes before it all descends into an argument (as per usual).

GL Adam
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

FKK - Our lord and saviour has dat jaw

You seem agitated. Perhaps you aren't getting enough fap in your diet.
    (c)Andrew_S

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck. I'm glad you decided to bulk
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by NegatronPrime View Post
    Let's just let him get on with it and see how he goes before it all descends into an argument (as per usual).

GL Adam
    Lol, fine with me, I'll stop by in a month to see how it's going.

Back To Wreck Shyt!! Siafu4Life's Avatar
    Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GL, Adam! And you're right...you got one shot, one life. Take that **** by the horns...you got this!! Blast some Eminem if you lose focus...

Lose Yourself - Eminem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2wA0Te0wM
    Second Bulk Underway...

07/09 - 194.00
    09/17 - 190.00
    09/24 -
    10/01 -

Follow my evolution @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139784033

Lol, fine with me, I'll stop by in a month to see how it's going.
    I outlined this is my firstcouple posts on this thread: those are minimum amounts, which is why I have plus signs by them. The remaining calories are unplanned as far as food choices but the total cals always equal 3100

Yes they are mostly carbs and fats, but the stickies indicate my estimates are OK - I was just following protocol.

On a given day I could have over 200g of protein, or over 400g of carb, or over 120g of fat, etc... but I always hit the requirements and never go below the numbers in my sig.

WITHOUT the "free meals", my diet is about 80g of fat, 250g of carbs, and 160g of protein. When I add, say, a PB&J to the preworkout, it adds about 300 cals, some from protein, some from fat, and so on. The 500 at dinner that are "free" usually contain at least 10g of additional protein and some fat, too... i'm not filling it ALL with carbs sources. But, even if i was, it wouldn't make any difference.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 08-20-2011 at 10:52 AM.

2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000)
    in on epic thread. will be lurking, GL!
    "Everytime we liberate a woman, we liberate a man".

******** Misc Muslim Crew *********

Repping all muslims on sight.

Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck Adam!

Yesterday's Diet:

WELL, I managed to cram in about 3200 calories at least: about 1000 at bfast, 960 at lunch/postworkout, and then at least 1200 at dinner because I went out for mexican food (chip refills + the food). ALso, we got a free dessert (me and the GF) for having to wait soo long, so we split a fried ice cream.

I actually wasn't that impressed with the fried ice cream because the outer 'shell' seemed kind of stale.. but the ice cream and strawberry toppings were good.

I was going to toggle down my cals today by about 200 because it's a weekend, but my GF and I are going to Mt. Saint Helens today to explore these caves, so I think I'll be burning enough to eat at my regular levels.

I just had bfast, which was LIGHT because I know i'm going to be in the car for a while and I can get car-sick, so I had 1 Scoop of Protein Powder, a 6oz Greek Yogurt Cup, 30g of Almonds, and 1/4 of a cup of trail mix. Totals for this: 550 cals, 36g Carbs, 23g Fat, 51g Protein. PLans for lunch are a sub from subway, probably just a footlong without cheese oven roasted chicken. Then at dinner i'll probably have fish with some other things. Should be a fun day here in Sunny Seattle!

Yesterday's workout was NICE, and I didn't do any cardio because it was pretty intense:

Delts:

DB Military Presses: Had to do these very slow, hence the lower weight, because my back was killing me.
    50x12
    50x10
    55x6
    55x6

Seated Side Laterals (I do these one arm at a time)
    30x12
    30x10
    30x10
    Burn Out Sets on Laterals (VERY SLOW and STRICT FORM with both arms on these)
    20x15
    15x15
    15x15

Rear Delt Fly Machine:
    110x15
    125x10
    125x9
    125x9
    Burn Out Set (again, very slow and controlled)
    90x15

Upright Row w/EZ Bar
    70x10
    70x9
    70x9

At this point my shoulders freakin hurt BAD.. no matter tho.. on the last exercise

Seated Lateral Raise Machine (SUPER SLOW MOVEMENT) - holding at top for 3 seconds
    45x12
    50x10
    BURN OUT SET
    30x20

ON TO TRICEPS

Close-Grip Bench - I do these with a very slow, controlled motion on the dropping movement (about a 4 second count) and then a more explosive push.
    115x15
    135x10
    135x9
    135x9

Flat Skull Crusher with EZ Bar
    55x15
    65x10
    65x9

Dip Machine
    135x10
    135x10
    140x8

Rope Extensions - These I also do very slow and with STRICT form.. arms always tucked way in.
    35x12
    35x10
    35x10
    BURN OUT!!!!
    25x15....15 second rest... 20x10

Now, I know a lot of my lifts aren't HEAVY compared to most people.. but I train with a lot of intensity and I leave nothing behind.. I was hurtin after all this. I'm also getting stronger, so I feel it's coming along I also think because I use VERY strict form, it makes the weight I can lift compared to some a bit less. For instance, I can curl 45lb DB's with BAD form, but with strict form I have to use 30's (no momentum, etc).

Anyway, thanks for checking in!

The plan for this coming week is to actually take some pics of what I'm eating so people can see it... not that anyone cares

Also, I think people should note that even though I encorporate those "free" calories, I never put them ALL to carbs, it's always a combination. For instance, 3 days ago was:

106g of Fat
    363g of Carbs
    178g Protein

My "FREE CALS" consistest of:

1 Clif Bar (Carrot Cake Flavor)
    1 PB Sandwich at Dinner (Made with Dave's KIller Power Seed Bread and Marantha Peanut Butter)
    and 1 100-Calories Popcorn Bag at Dinner

summer recomp/maintenance 66jzmstr's Avatar
    66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IN and SUBBED for consistent LURK.

I like your flexible approach to macros. Is that something you came up with, or did you come across it elsewhere first?

Also, do you happen to know what your maintenance is?

Good luck, Adam!
    Diligence, patience, persistence.