bryonic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Headaches while taking C4 Extreme, Jack3d

Ok so the other day I decided to take supplements for the first time. I went with C4 extreme. Took one scoop, drank the required amount of water, and actually ate a plate of pasta just prior to that since I wasn't sure how it'd affect me and figured it'd be better on a full stomach. As soon as I began lifting, a massive headache came on. It was bad, but I was able to push past it. Around 6 hours later, I did a few push-ups and immediately upon getting up, the headache returned, only this time it was magnified by 10. I thought I was gonna die - I literally almost collapsed from the pain. It was like my skull was shattering and my brain was being mashed to a pulp. I returned the stuff to GNC, voiced my concerns, the guy hadn't heard anyone else complain about having such extreme headaches. I switched it out for Jack3d thinking perhaps I wouldn't have the same problems. That day, I took the Jack3d and the once again, headache. Although not nearly as painful as taking the C4. Day 3 taking supplements, today, I did one scoop of Jack3d, on a full stomach, with the required amount of water. One set into my workout and this time the most intense, painful headache of them all emerged. Migraine magnitude. I still feel it. I couldn't even workout anymore, I literally had to stop everything. It's been about 40 mins. and the pain has subsided a bit but it's still there and is driving me crazy. I love taking this stuff as the increased energy and all is great, but I can't handle these headaches, especially when I find it impossible to even complete the workout - kinda defeating the purpose here. Can anyone help... just what is going on?? Thanks in advance.

helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe the 1,3 dim ( headaches r one of the side effect) u should return the jack3d and get a preworkout without 1,3 dim like white flood v2 ( strongly recommended) or something without stims like ultima and pump-Bol
    " nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccesful people with talent. genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. education will not; the world is full of educted derelicts. persistance and determination alone are omnipotent"
    - calvin coolidge

Master of The Universe laneanders's Avatar
    laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000)
    From the C4 it could be a nitrate headache, but since Jack3d doesn't have it in there...I'm going to say probably a blood pressure issue. C4 is relatively mild on stimulants especially when compared to Jack3d, but nitrates can cause headaches on their own. I would stick with non stimulant forms of pre-workouts to prevent this most likely blood pressure related headache from reoccurring.

I just re-read your post, and while I am not a doctor...this is almost definitely a blood pressure issue. You may actually want to go see a doctor about this to be honest.
    Last edited by laneanders; 08-19-2011 at 10:51 AM.

helmut, thanks for the advice. But I wonder if its the 1, 3 dim or the stimulants causing this. I don't drink coffee, sodas or even eat chocolate, so maybe all this caffeine is really 'effing with me. I think I may give the White Flood v2 a shot.

I actually had my blood pressure checked yesterday, it was 140 over 72. I realize the systolic is a tad high, I do love salty foods. What would you suggest for a great non-stimulant pre-workout?

helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) helmut_c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bryonic View Post
    I actually had my blood pressure checked yesterday, it was 140 over 72. I realize the systolic is a tad high, I do love salty foods. What would you suggest for a great non-stimulant pre-workout?
    Try ultima or pump Bol both r great products
    " nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccesful people with talent. genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. education will not; the world is full of educted derelicts. persistance and determination alone are omnipotent"
    - calvin coolidge

Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try a supp without 1,3 or nitraites
    Hemavol
    Potassium nitrate
    Reboot
    Phosphatidylserine
    Staples