Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting weight during football preseason.

So i tried to ask about this in my other thread, but since nobody saw it I'll ask here (sorry though. I DO hate having multiple threads in the first few pages).
    I start football monday. I've put on some weight and gotten stronger. But my fear is having the conditioning to go into the 4th quarter.
    My first day of practice is the 22nd, and my first game is september 9th. There are three scrimmages in between there.
    My question is- would it be TERRIBLE for a lineman to take advantage of these 18 days and lose about 10-15 pounds? I say this much weight because i feel with the 4 hour practices and two-a-days, my activity level will be VERY high, so i don't know if that would be too much.

CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Quanneh View Post
    So i tried to ask about this in my other thread, but since nobody saw it I'll ask here (sorry though. I DO hate having multiple threads in the first few pages).
    I start football monday. I've put on some weight and gotten stronger. But my fear is having the conditioning to go into the 4th quarter.
    My first day of practice is the 22nd, and my first game is september 9th. There are three scrimmages in between there.
    My question is- would it be TERRIBLE for a lineman to take advantage of these 18 days and lose about 10-15 pounds? I say this much weight because i feel with the 4 hour practices and two-a-days, my activity level will be VERY high, so i don't know if that would be too much.

I say its not worth it at all. Maybe you could lose a few lbs before u start, but generally your conditioning will improve as the weeks go by. You might lose a few lbs just doing conditioning with the team, and thats probably the best route to take. As a lineman it makes sense to be as big as possible WITHOUT SACRIFICING SPEED,AGILITY, OR FLEXIBILITY. If you give it your all during the pre-season, you will have nothing to worry about when the 4th quarter comes during the season.
    Lighweight Baby!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138082293&p=757641763#post757641763 (UNSPONSORED DAA/LG Sciences Formadrol Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123436191 (My AI TestoPro Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124230451 (My A.I. HgH Pro Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125096891 (My XF Vengeance Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129038871 (Fighter's Food Log)

Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you play both ways?

Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pakman52 View Post
    Do you play both ways?
    Chances are I will probably play both ways. But with the way our team is set up I might end up starting on offense and being a backup on defense. Offensive line never switches out at my school, and I'd probably play a little less than half of the defensive snaps.

nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just stop eatting slop food like pizza, sodas, and burgers, etc. More salads, water, chicken, and such.
    Champions are not born. They are built.

You wondered if all the pain and sacrifice is worth it...now you know.

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Everybody wants to win. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes.

Originally Posted by nightrain36 View Post
    Just stop eatting slop food like pizza, sodas, and burgers, etc. More salads, water, chicken, and such.
    My problem isn't exactly my diet. I eat VERYY clean. i will not lie, i do have my cheat meal every week. And I enjoy it. But i normally eat homemade fish, chicken. tons of veggies normally cooked though not salads. and only beverages I've drank in the past year or so would be green tea milk and water with an occasional iced tea or somethin.

so you're telling me even with extra fat i can last a full 40 minute game playing both sides as long as my diet is very clean? if so, i should be fine.

nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Quanneh View Post
    so you're telling me even with extra fat i can last a full 40 minute game playing both sides as long as my diet is very clean? if so, i should be fine.
    If you're hitting the weight room hard for an hour 3-4 days a week (which you should be doing during the season anyway) and practicing, you'll be making those healthy positive things that help cut the fat. You're problem might be cardio. Remember that cardio evolves around how long your heart and respiratory system can go. If you're problem is that you are short of breath and can't last a full game you need to work on your respiratory system and cardio/endurance. yes lowering fat helps but you also have to train your heart and lungs...and lifting helps prevent muscle fatigue

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Originally Posted by nightrain36 View Post
    If you're hitting the weight room hard for an hour 3-4 days a week (which you should be doing during the season anyway) and practicing, you'll be making those healthy positive things that help cut the fat. You're problem might be cardio. Remember that cardio evolves around how long your heart and respiratory system can go. If you're problem is that you are short of breath and can't last a full game you need to work on your respiratory system and cardio/endurance. yes lowering fat helps but you also have to train your heart and lungs...and lifting helps prevent muscle fatigue
    so now I'm even more confused.
    what can you tell me about in-season lifting? I'm not sure what to do? im sure i could lift 3 days a week no problembut what do i do?
    I DO appreciate the advice though. thanks.

full body stuff, hang cleans, bench press, shoulder press, push press, squat,lat pulldowns, etc. things that emphasize maintaining strength and explosive power.