cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is jogging gonna make me lose muscle mass?

im 16 and 5 foot 10. i weigh 169 pounds. i am currently trying to get down too 160 pounds. my goal is coming quite nicely. as two months ago i weighed about 185. well in order to lose, i have cut my calories and have taken up running. i run between 3 to 5 miles per night. i have been reading things on the internet lately... and ive read some things that say that jogging makes you lose muscle? and cutting calories will make me lose muscle too? i really dont want to lose any muscle. the reason im trying to lose weight is so my muscles stick out more. if i lose the muscle with the weight, what did i really gain? can anyone help me with this? will jogging make me lose my muscle? will this be furthered by cutting cals? how can i continue to lose the fat but hold on too the muscle?

MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    short answer, yes... when in a deficit you will lose muscle mass and fat. as long as you have a decent amount of mass, jogging and a deficit will make you appear more cut and you shouldnt notice yourself "wasting away"...just make sure not to go into too big of a deficit. my first cut i did and lost a lot of mass and strength.
    xTUNAx CREW
    SOYBOY CREW

iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MITCHAPAL00ZA View Post
    short answer, yes... when in a deficit you will lose muscle mass and fat. as long as you have a decent amount of mass, jogging and a deficit will make you appear more cut and you shouldnt notice yourself "wasting away"...just make sure not to go into too big of a deficit. my first cut i did and lost a lot of mass and strength.
    jogging will not make you lose muscle unless you jog in a fasted state (i.e havent eaten in 16+ hours) but while cutting calories you will some muscle, but not anywhere near compared to the ratio of fat loss

Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000)
    Start sprint training instead bro, you will stimulate muscle growth and lose bodyfat:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...t_body_fat&cr=

iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Energetical View Post
    Start sprint training instead bro, you will stimulate muscle growth and lose bodyfat:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...t_body_fat&cr=
    While true, your source isn't credible at all. HIIT would be better, again not in a fasted state.

Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iPwNy View Post
    While true, your source isn't credible at all. HIIT would be better, again not in a fasted state.
    Last time I checked Erick Minor trains Olympic athletes and is a prestige strength coach, does he or his athletes look small or catabolic to you ? I don't think so

Originally Posted by Energetical View Post
    Last time I checked Erick Minor trains Olympic athletes and is a prestige strength coach, does he or his athletes look small or catabolic to you ? I don't think so
    Hey I agree with you I'm just saying an article from one man isn't reputable because he trains people well.

Dragonmasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You will not lose muscle

No. You will not lose any muscle mass at all. Unless you are running marathons... There was a study about this.

This video explains it more in detail: /watch?v=hl0QiuoOHFk&feature=channel_video_title (Put youtube.com before /watch)

kushyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kushyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    in terms of sprinting.. how much of sprinting will equal lets say an hour on the treadmill?

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you spend all your time running and not doing any weights, your body will use not only fat for energy, but also glycogen and amino acids. So yes, your muscles will also atrophy if all you do is run.

But a light-moderate amount of cardio, or high intensity training, can be useful in helping stimulate muscle gains.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cshady3119 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks alot everyone. does anyone have any sugestions to continue losing fat but minimize muscle loss? any particular workouts?

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dont have any suggestions on workouts, but i read that pork tenderloin is awesome for maintaining muscle mass. sorry i dont have the sources on this, i read it a couple weeks ago and cant find the articles or studies.
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    not lifting makes you lose muscle