Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb My love affair with Skinny Jeans is well and truly over, for now!! Devastated.. lol

Started training 8 months ago and have gone from 105lbs to 114, am a hard gainer and just started bulking and eating clean and over maintenance in the last month as had plateaued.

Went to treat myself to some new jeans as my current skinny jeans are rather (extremely) snug.. According to the high street chain clothing stores I have gone from a size 8 (US size 6) to a UK 12 (US 10) in 8 months. At first I thought the shops sizes were wrong (denial phase), then went from shop to shop and same thing NO size 10 would fit and they were either very snug or I could not even get a calf in lol.. (shock phase)

Blasted Squats & Lunges, I honestly could not bring myself to even try on the 12 they looks SO big and while my bum and legs would fit my tiny hips and waist wouldn't. My previous disorder eating self is having panic attacks, but my bodybuilding self is thinking RESULT..

I work with ladies who are a size 12 and they look a lot bigger than me which is bizarre!! My thighs are 10 inches as I measured them.

What do you ladies wear like to wear when bulking? I work in an office and can be smart casual so love to wear jeans, have to find some new threads or some super super stretchy jeans!!! The high street need to cater for athletic figures more
    Last edited by Newleafrip; 02-01-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Things overweight friends say "if I was as slim as you I would never go the gym and eat what I want"
    I say, no offence "I go the gym so I do not end up like you"
    They agree!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok, first of all you're not a hard gainer. You previously didn't eat enough. Second, size and scale weight are just numbers and mean absolutely nothing. As you gain muscle you do get bigger and bigger sizes are needed. So what? You look better! Buy nice new jeans that fit. After leaning out you probably won't get back into your old jeans comfortably anyway.

Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newleafrip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Ok, first of all you're not a hard gainer. You previously didn't eat enough. Second, size and scale weight are just numbers and mean absolutely nothing. As you gain muscle you do get bigger and bigger sizes are needed. So what? You look better! Buy nice new jeans that fit. After leaning out you probably won't get back into your old jeans comfortably anyway.
    Yes you are right, I definitley was not eating enough before!! Thanks for the reassurance, and I do look better my boyfriend is so proud of how far I have come and so am I. I feel foolish for reacting the way I did to being bigger I really have got to change my mind set and embrace the bulk
    Things overweight friends say "if I was as slim as you I would never go the gym and eat what I want"
    They agree!

shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dirty bulked my way to 150lbs and ended up only wearing baggy gym pants. I started cutting but progress is slow. Most jeans look like they're going to explode on my quads and are loose on my butt/hips, but nothing a belt can't solve xD

Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nikohl0487 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Express makes these lovely leggings that look exactly like skinny jeans! They are soft and comfortable and stylish. I love them! I am also having panic attacks that I've gone up a size in jeans! Ahhh! not used to not fitting in my clothes! Keep up the hard work!

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just don't shop in high street stores, they're made for stick people - I buy diesel jeans which come in a leg size and waist size rather than a generic '10' and get some with a bit of stretch and i can still wear skinny jeans. High street sizes are not an accurate reflection. Yes Diesel is expensive but they last forever and look good.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is just my opinion: "skinny jeans" look great on bean pole super model types---very tall and VERY slender legs.

Women of average height or shorter and normal legs look not so great in them, and women with thicker or more muscular legs look ridiculous to downright gross.

There are MUCH more flattering pant leg cuts out there--maybe not so much IN the stores right now until this fad hopefully swings back the other way---but you can always find them on line. Anything from straight to bootcut to slightly flared looks much better on legs that aren't those mile-long slender ones. Okay, it's not the hip style right now, but I'd much rather LOOK better than look like ass trying to look hip.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Thanks Ladies, defo put my mind at ease. As sods law would have it, I have injured my back and cannot work out to the same extent as I was so if anything I may lose weight and be back in my skinnies, am gutted but have to put my health first.

But I agree Skinny Jeans are defo not for athletic thighs, but I will check out the Express leggings and thankfully Diesel jeans are actually very reasonably priced in Ireland
    They agree!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Newleafrip View Post
    My thighs are 10 inches as I measured them.
    Is this a typo? How can your thighs be 10 inches and you can't fit into skinny jeans??
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Uhh, figuring as I can get my big behind in a pair of skinny jeans (in the correct size of course), I'm very certain you can too. Not to mention, I doubt 8 months of training has changed your proportions so much that your quads are dramatically bigger than legs of pants that fit your waist.

thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^This. I gained 10 lbs over the last year, 20 in the last two.
    I am still wearing the same pair of jeans I've had since I was 105 lbs. Now I realize I am a bit taller than you, but twenty pounds is still a lot!

I do have to say, sometimes, after having had an ED - it alters your perception of how jeans should fit. When I first went shopping for jeans after I gained weight, it was really difficult. Not only because I spent the better part of two years wearing nothing but sweat pants, but because I hadn't owned a pair of pants that fit me in years.
    Also, it is not your body, it is the pants. I swear they are making the ankle/calf portion of skinny jeans smaller every day. I tried on a pair once and almost couldn't get out as they got stuck around my calves on the way down. Not my most graceful moment obviously. But it's kind of ridiculous. "The smaller the leg opening, the better!" Its like they WANT you to get stuck in the pants so you have to buy them.

Maybe look for some stretchy jeans or ponte pants. They're like an ultra thick and soft legging that are pretty versatile. You can dress em up or dress em down, just like skinnies. And they are so much more comfortable anyways.
    I have a vagina so its not my fault I'm a pussy.

There's always room for one more blade, there's always strength for one last breath.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Is this a typo? How can your thighs be 10 inches and you can't fit into skinny jeans??
    haha yeah total typo sorry they are 19" a whole 9" more!!
    They agree!

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Uhh, figuring as I can get my big behind in a pair of skinny jeans (in the correct size of course), I'm very certain you can too. Not to mention, I doubt 8 months of training has changed your proportions so much that your quads are dramatically bigger than legs of pants that fit your waist.
    They do fit don't get me wrong, but I have busted 2 pairs already so they are rather uncomfortably tight.. (Err Camel toe - sorry TMI) Busting 2 pairs was in itself a real achievement, in fairness one time I was climbing a mountain.. Wise, I think not!!

[QUOTE thecityignites]

!I do have to say, sometimes, after having had an ED - it alters your perception of how jeans should fit. When I first went shopping for jeans after I gained weight, it was really difficult. Not only because I spent the better part of two years wearing nothing but sweat pants, but because I hadn't owned a pair of pants that fit me in years.

Also, it is not your body, it is the pants. I swear they are making the ankle/calf portion of skinny jeans smaller every day. I tried on a pair once and almost couldn't get out as they got stuck around my calves on the way down. Not my most graceful moment obviously. But it's kind of ridiculous. "The smaller the leg opening, the better!" Its like they WANT you to get stuck in the pants so you have to buy them."

Totally agree, my calves look tiny still but the jeans I wear are fit to bust.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Newleafrip View Post
    They do fit don't get me wrong, but I have busted 2 pairs already so they are rather uncomfortably tight.. (Err Camel toe - sorry TMI) Busting 2 pairs was in itself a real achievement, in fairness one time I was climbing a mountain.. Wise, I think not!!

[QUOTE thecityignites]

!I do have to say, sometimes, after having had an ED - it alters your perception of how jeans should fit. When I first went shopping for jeans after I gained weight, it was really difficult. Not only because I spent the better part of two years wearing nothing but sweat pants, but because I hadn't owned a pair of pants that fit me in years.

Also, it is not your body, it is the pants. I swear they are making the ankle/calf portion of skinny jeans smaller every day. I tried on a pair once and almost couldn't get out as they got stuck around my calves on the way down. Not my most graceful moment obviously. But it's kind of ridiculous. "The smaller the leg opening, the better!" Its like they WANT you to get stuck in the pants so you have to buy them."

Totally agree, my calves look tiny still but the jeans I wear are fit to bust.
    If you have camel toe, then it is a sizing issue---as in, you're choosing too small of size. Visible outlines of pussy lips is not the fault of the manaufacturer or that you have awesomely muscular quads. It means they are too small. Period.
    For what I don't know

Yet a fluffy MarshMallow Ma110W's Avatar
    Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    If you have camel toe, then it is a sizing issue---as in, you're choosing too small of size. Visible outlines of pussy lips is not the fault of the manufacturer or that you have awesomely muscular quads. It means they are too small. Period.
    Truth!

I find this post hilarious, and cannot rep you.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ma110W View Post
    Truth!

I find this post hilarious, and cannot rep you.
    How did I even miss that post?! DD always has me laughing!

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what's the rationale behind squashing yourself into uncomfortably tight pantaloons?

imo a lot of women simply aren't built to wear pants, much less jeans.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    If you have camel toe, then it is a sizing issue---as in, you're choosing too small of size. Visible outlines of pussy lips is not the fault of the manaufacturer or that you have awesomely muscular quads. It means they are too small. Period.

I thought I would stop in here to see why this thread was still active.... then this post! LOL this is awesome - can't rep you right now though.

DuckGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ha ha ha, funny stuff! I hate buying jeans. I actually found a pair of skinny jeans that fit me, but soon they are going to be too big. I hate buying jeans. I'm only 5' 9.5" but my legs are almost as long as my dad who is 6' 4.5". I can't go into most stores to buy pants, and the tall girl stores are way too long. I've never been able to stuff myself into tiny jeans long enough for them to bust. You must be looking in the wrong stores, because if I can get my thighs into jeans (without a great big camel toe) than you can too. Maybe spend a bit more, and buy fewer pairs.

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    what's the rationale behind squashing yourself into uncomfortably tight pantaloons?.
    "I'm a 00! Yes, I am; if I have to spray myself in crisco to shimmy them up, and hire a demolition squad to get them off, doesn't matter. I AM a 00!"
    For what I don't know

Putting in the work IrishLassie78's Avatar
    IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All I have to say about jeans (or really anything anymore since it seems like everything has spandex in it now) is just because you can get them on, doesn't mean they fit. If you have to lay down to button and/or zip them, they don't fit. If they give you muffin top, they don't fit. If they give you the uni-butt look, they don't fit, and as discdoggie said previously, if they give you camel toe, THEY DON'T FIT. Your pants or any other clothing you buy should not look like a sausage casing when applied to your body. I personally wish the skinny jeans trend, particularly the colored/patterned ones, would just die. It wasn't all that cute in 1987 and it's not all that cute now. Just my opinion.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    what's the rationale behind squashing yourself into uncomfortably tight pantaloons?

imo a lot of women simply aren't built to wear pants, much less jeans.
    They don't have to uncomfortable tight; it's just a nice aesthetic to have for some styles. I wear a lot of boots and prefer to have them over the pant leg as opposed to under. And I can only do that with skinny jeans or leggings, bootcut and wider have too much fabric to fit

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for skinny's that will fit more fat...or in this case more muscle try PZI jeans.

are more accomodating for "thick" girls in the butt and thigh, the only skinny jeans that ever fit my massive thighs.

kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kingoftroys has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok I know I'm a man and I don't wear skinny jeans but I find when I shop for jeans there can be a huge difference in the various brands even tho they all are a waist size "32"....some I can't even do up and some are kind of loose.I would think womens jeans are probably made the same way,each company having their own sizing??
    If I fall,if I die,know I lived it to the fullest...If I fall,If I die,know I lived and missed some bullets

thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, that's very true. I have a pair of 26's that are bigger on me than my 27's. I have a dress that's a size 2 and a dress that's a size 4, and they both fit me the same. I have two of the EXACT SAME legging, only in different colors - and the gray pair is not only a good 1.5" longer than the black pair, they're also a bit bigger. Hmmph!
    This is why I prefer shoe shopping. =p
    I have a vagina so its not my fault I'm a pussy.

There's always room for one more blade, there's always strength for one last breath.

lol I don't have camel toe in the new jeans I am trying on its in my old ones which I love and cannot fit into anymore and busted them, up the sides I might add not in the Fionnula area :P
    They agree!

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IrishLassie78 View Post
    All I have to say about jeans (or really anything anymore since it seems like everything has spandex in it now) is just because you can get them on, doesn't mean they fit. If you have to lay down to button and/or zip them, they don't fit. If they give you muffin top, they don't fit. If they give you the uni-butt look, they don't fit, and as discdoggie said previously, if they give you camel toe, THEY DON'T FIT. Your pants or any other clothing you buy should not look like a sausage casing when applied to your body.
    i saw a fat guy in skinny jeans once. it wasn't a pretty sight.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."