fittjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brown sugar syrup vs high fructose corn syrup?

In several cereals and things I have the ingreidents have brown sugar syrup or rice bran syrup or rice bran oil. How do these compare to high fructose syrup and hydrogenated oils? I dont want to stop eating these cereals unless theyre really bad for you. Thanks

ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    high fructose corn syrup isnt much different than honey, i doubt brown sugar syrup or whatever else you're talking about is either.

DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You dont need to stop eating anything unless you are exceeding your overall calorie intake. Unless you are bulking that is.

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    in my eyes, sugar is sugar. just be aware of how much you are taking in and make sure it fits into your diet.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fittjunkie View Post
    In several cereals and things I have the ingreidents have brown sugar syrup or rice bran syrup or rice bran oil. How do these compare to high fructose syrup and hydrogenated oils? I dont want to stop eating these cereals unless theyre really bad for you. Thanks
    Nothing is ever BAD for you if you do it moderation and stay active. After all sugar is sugar whether it comes from fructose, honey, brown sugar, sucrose, and so many other different sources.
    Yup that was me you saw coming down the SUGAR and SPICE!
    B.S Nutritional Science/Dietetics
    San Jose State University

soyvega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soyvega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wink

There IS a difference. High fructose corn syrup is a concentrated form of corn "sugar" our body can tell the difference but our brain cannot.
    It is very refined and the molecular structure is less complex than regular, brown sugar. Therefore it becomes alot easier absorbed by the body and stored in annoying adiposites. Making it very difficult to get rid of. Ofcourse be aware how much you consume of it. Sugar and specially brown sugar takes longer to digest bc it contains small amounts of potassium which is an incredible good thing considering that the outer layer of muscle membrain contains proteic enzymes that work on potassium and sodium. If i were you, i would preffer brown sugar

Source: advanced bio-quemistry class

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by soyvega View Post
    There IS a difference. High fructose corn syrup is a concentrated form of corn "sugar" our body can tell the difference but our brain cannot.
    It is very refined and the molecular structure is less complex than regular, brown sugar. Therefore it becomes alot easier absorbed by the body and stored in annoying adiposites. Making it very difficult to get rid of. Ofcourse be aware how much you consume of it. Sugar and specially brown sugar takes longer to digest bc it contains small amounts of potassium which is an incredible good thing considering that the outer layer of muscle membrain contains proteic enzymes that work on potassium and sodium. If i were you, i would preffer brown sugar

Source: advanced bio-quemistry class
    Utter garbage.

HFCS is simply fructose and glucose. Brown sugar is a sucrose sugar composed of, guess what, fructose and glucose.