Closed Thread
    gobills21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench Press every day

I have a friend who does a lot of research and suggested doing bench press 3 times a day, every day. He said that as long as you re not working to failure, you re body won't burn out. It is supposed to trigger your central nervous system and accustom your body to benching so that it becomes easier and easier every day. The plan would be to start at about 80 percent of your 1 rep max and do 2 sets, once in the morning, afternoon, and night. day 2 would be the same weight, 3 reps, 3 times that day. day 3 would be 4 reps, 3 times that day. on the 4th day, you would add 5 lbs. total and go back to 2 reps each of the 3 times that day. The cycle would then repeat. Every session would begin with about 2 warmup sets. Could this workout plan actually work, or would your body burn out too quickly?

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Grease the groove applied to bench? I don't buy it. Unless you are training for endurance on bench, but who does that?
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100) AnaBULLic is not very well liked. (-100)
    On the other hand I believe that would be beneficial for a short period of time, but i have no evidence to prove that only my little experience and instict. Stick to the basics, or try it for a short period of time!
    Oh dear... Is this where I say "Ouch"?
    -Eddie Brock aka Venom (my fav)

Registered User nogoodnameslef4's Avatar
    nogoodnameslef4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nogoodnameslef4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nogoodnameslef4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nogoodnameslef4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i dont think this will give u gains but i have been wrong before. let him try it and if it works then do it

Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your body needs its rest. That's what rest days are for, everyone needs them.

THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) THEREALNGAGE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no..........
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137122433 MY BIOFORGE +TRIAZOLE + ANIMAL STAK LOG

BIOFORGE
    TRIAZOLE
    JAK3D
    ANIMAL STAK
    MULTIVITAMIN
    MONSTER MASS
    CREATINE

Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raimundo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all this isn't very practical. I'm not sure how many people could work this type of system into their workout. Plus by only bench pressing every day you are seriously limiting other muscle development by not doing other exercises. Also the lack of tricep work would more than likely lead you to develop a serious sticking point on your bench.

Plus, as has already been stated, your body simply needs rest. It is far better to increase the level of exertion and then give it ample time to rest and recover.

One of the tried and true principles of muscle building is exhausting a muscle group, and then giving your body plenty of water, food, and sleep to recover. Your friend appears to have fallen into another "broscience" trap. The body is a very complex system, reading a few articles on CNS etc. won't make you an expert on how to develop routines.

Ask me if I give a fuk Jack3d26's Avatar
    Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jack3d26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Grease the groove is for things like push ups and pull ups. Not lifting weights, PERIOD. You're basically answering your own question, by never going to failure, you won't make serious gains. Not in the long run. You might get to a certain point, but your body will give up eventually. Adding mass is the only way to get your bench really high, the only way to do this is to break muscle down and recover. Stick with what you already know works instead of some theory that someone's probably already played around with and failed; which is why you don't see it being done. In 7.5 weeks I've put in 10 chest days and I've gone from 165-200lbs in free weight, bb bench press. Hope this sticks.
    ██ █ ★ cVc ★ █ ██

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jack3d26 View Post
    Grease the groove is for things like push ups and pull ups. Not lifting weights, PERIOD. You're basically answering your own question, by never going to failure, you won't make serious gains. Not in the long run. You might get to a certain point, but your body will give up eventually. Adding mass is the only way to get your bench really high, the only way to do this is to break muscle down and recover. Stick with what you already know works instead of some theory that someone's probably already played around with and failed; which is why you don't see it being done. In 7.5 weeks I've put in 10 chest days and I've gone from 165-200lbs in free weight, bb bench press. Hope this sticks.
    I wouldn't say that if you don't go to failure, then you'll never make serious gains, I think OP's friend's idea is stupid, but having this as a reason why doesn't really sit well with me.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jack3d26 View Post
    Just for the record I think this is a stupid idea, but if grease the groove works for pushups there is no reason it wouldn't work for bench press - they are nearly identical exercises. The difference I think is the goal. Typically when doing pushups the goal is endurance not strength or mass, whereas with bench press most people are trying to increase strength. The grease the groove technique works really well with endurance activities so if you wanted to get really good at benching 225 as many times as possible, then the grease the groove technique could work really well. If you are trying to increase your max on bench, it probably isn't the best way to go about it.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Lean Body Lifestyle leanbodylifestyle's Avatar
    leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) leanbodylifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That seems way overkill, but to each their own. I don't see it working for him. Let him try it to see for himself.
    My YouTube channel, Lean Body Lifestyle:

www.youtube.com/leanbodylifestyle

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're 17 and likely a novice. Just do a basic strength program and you'll be fine OP.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50) TamarawPH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can bench 3x a day, 3x a week...then you aren't benching hard enough.

everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't do heavy loads but Dave Tate talks about how you need to repeat a pattern a thousand times in order to really learn it in muscle memory. Count your reps sometimes and you'll realize that this takes a long time. He suggests doing more warm-up sets but you could probably apply greasing the groove principles by using low weights (<50% RM)
    I LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cpojkILO0

prateekphogat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

2 cents from a personal trainer

This would work as long as you're not doing a whole workout. Yes, your body needs rest, but you're not burning out. You'll be amazed with how much your body can do. That being said, you need to look for signs from your body. If you're too sore then take some time off, maybe a few days. The final goal should be focusing on injury prevention.
    Why this would work? Because :-
    1. When a movement is done more consistently, you get the muscle mind connection faster and the sooner you can make this connection, the better it is.
    2. You're not burning out, your body is way stronger than you think. Overtraining is a statement that people spit out as soon as they hear that someone is working out their muscles groups more than once a week. I'll explain my reasons of overtraining in a youtube video one day.
    3. This will help you to get the proper technique, given you're practising the right form in the first place.
    4. One of the methods to grow muscles is training them daily, scientific research have proven that if you workout a muscle group back to back, this helps you to grow the muscle. Even though you won't be able to lift that heavy, but it would work. Other methods are burning the muscle out (lactic acid- muscle cells grow in presence of lactic acid), hypertrophy and heavy load switching.
    5. I've been doing bench daily since last week and I only do 3 sets of 12-15 reps and I can already see the difference in my pecs. I've tried this thing for my biceps and triceps before for 4 weeks straight. They grew.

Precautions/suggestions
    1. your body is not used to do bench press 3*/day. Start slow as you don't want to hit plateau and I'm sure you don't want injuries either. Start every day for 3 sets before your daily workout program.
    2. Listen to your body, if it hurts, STOP.
    3. Don't do it more than 4 weeks in a row. Take 2-3 weeks off from the daily regime and start again if you want.
    4. Increase intensity slowly, after two weeks go for 2 times if you want, but always listen to your body.
    5. Don't lift too heavy, the heavier you'll go, the chances of getting injured will increase and we don't want that.
    6. Try it out yourself and see. Don't just take words from other, not from me either. Everyone's body is different and something that works for me or someone else might not work for you.
    I hope it helps. Goodluck

Prat

*** NO ADVERTISING PLEASE ***
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 02-24-2017 at 01:38 AM.

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your friend is a moron. Really though.

Originally Posted by TamarawPH View Post
    If you can bench 3x a day, 3x a week...then you aren't benching hard enough.
    This.
    Current Program: 5-3-1
    e1RMs:
    D: 295 S: 275 B: 250 Press: 115

Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    - All Non-lifting related injuries -

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    #Bulgarian light
    #6 year necro
    #why ****ing post this ****
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by prateekphogat View Post
    This would work as long as you're not doing a whole workout. Yes, your body needs rest, but you're not burning out. You'll be amazed with how much your body can do. That being said, you need to look for signs from your body. If you're too sore then take some time off, maybe a few days. The final goal should be focusing on injury prevention.
    Why this would work? Because :-
    1. When a movement is done more consistently, you get the muscle mind connection faster and the sooner you can make this connection, the better it is.
    2. You're not burning out, your body is way stronger than you think. Overtraining is a statement that people spit out as soon as they hear that someone is working out their muscles groups more than once a week. I'll explain my reasons of overtraining in a youtube video one day.
    3. This will help you to get the proper technique, given you're practising the right form in the first place.
    4. One of the methods to grow muscles is training them daily, scientific research have proven that if you workout a muscle group back to back, this helps you to grow the muscle. Even though you won't be able to lift that heavy, but it would work. Other methods are burning the muscle out (lactic acid- muscle cells grow in presence of lactic acid), hypertrophy and heavy load switching.
    5. I've been doing bench daily since last week and I only do 3 sets of 12-15 reps and I can already see the difference in my pecs. I've tried this thing for my biceps and triceps before for 4 weeks straight. They grew.

Precautions/suggestions
    1. your body is not used to do bench press 3*/day. Start slow as you don't want to hit plateau and I'm sure you don't want injuries either. Start every day for 3 sets before your daily workout program.
    2. Listen to your body, if it hurts, STOP.
    3. Don't do it more than 4 weeks in a row. Take 2-3 weeks off from the daily regime and start again if you want.
    4. Increase intensity slowly, after two weeks go for 2 times if you want, but always listen to your body.
    5. Don't lift too heavy, the heavier you'll go, the chances of getting injured will increase and we don't want that.
    6. Try it out yourself and see. Don't just take words from other, not from me either. Everyone's body is different and something that works for me or someone else might not work for you.
    I hope it helps. Goodluck

Prat

Checkout my instagram for gym tips and motivation- @prateek_phogat
    Strong bump. That said this is sound advice. There is nothing wrong with TRYING something and doing it SMARTLY. Now benching 3x's a DAY. No. 24hrs or less later. Yes. As mentioned above it's actually DUP. Heavy on Monday with 85%+ and volume with 60-65% on Tuesday to keep the protein synth going. I'm actually trying it now with bench. Will it work? Dunno. I am watching how my shoulders and other joints feel from doing it.

jordchad96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IronKrazy View Post
    Strong bump. That said this is sound advice. There is nothing wrong with TRYING something and doing it SMARTLY. Now benching 3x's a DAY. No. 24hrs or less later. Yes. As mentioned above it's actually DUP. Heavy on Monday with 85%+ and volume with 60-65% on Tuesday to keep the protein synth going. I'm actually trying it now with bench. Will it work? Dunno. I am watching how my shoulders and other joints feel from doing it.
    How did it go?? Thinking of trying this myself

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Prisoners rowing all day everyday in the Roman era didn’t have real muscular backs . Well at least in the movies I seen lol
    Make Misc great again

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can guarantee you’d end up with tendinitis doing it that way
    Make Misc great again

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I can guarantee you’d end up with tendinitis doing it that way
    they're* crazy

Also, thread is originally from 2011

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Prisoners rowing all day everyday in the Roman era didn’t have real muscular backs . Well at least in the movies I seen lol

Wheel of Pain is what you seek....it even grows you a luscious man-mane, mang.

Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew