Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question about refeedse timing and gi

So I have been refeeding with high gi carbs every 5th day so far. I am doing 2x/ day workouts so my glycogen demands in a given timeframe are probably higher than usual so I am doing it like this rather than every 7 days.

I am using high gi carbs I want to know the science behind this. The logic is that ketosis is not a natural state and if you provide low gi carbs there is the possibility of the body misinterpreting and swapping energy sources while high gi will go directly to depleted glycogen stores first. What is the body's scientific preference when in a caloric deficit to refeed glycogen or to provide energy - and why?

I was refeeding on my off day then I thought why not refeed after my last workout and into lunch the next day and stop off for the benefit of pwo insulin spike. The time window for the carbs is longer this way it's more like 20 hours rather than the 12 hr or so window if I did it all morning to night on the same day. Scientifically, would this hamper my body and make it misinterpret the influx of carbs or do I need a few days worth of carbs to get kicked out of ketosis
    Miscer

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why do you ketogenic diet? It's for fat loss purposes? If the asnwer is yes, then, refeeds aren't necessary for that goal.

The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Heavy weight training depletes glycogen stores. Why would I not want repleted stores. I will lose strength eventually. Also, leptin.
    Miscer

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like a cyclical carb diet rather than a ketogenic diet. Where are you getting the misinterpreting assumptions from?
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Brotherhood View Post
    Heavy weight training depletes glycogen stores. Why would I not want repleted stores. I will lose strength eventually. Also, leptin.
    Maybe straight keto isn't for you, or your goals.

Take a look to this thread, is very helpful: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293

My body uses fat for energy instead of carbs and produces ketones. This is keto. I have done it before on bulks and cuts. I just refed less often and didn't think much about the gi of the carbs.

I found my answer elsewhere anyway.

Dunno what you fellows are,talking about

Cycling carbs doesn't have 4 zero carb days
    Miscer

skudi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate the word refeed. It makes you sound like a python.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by The Brotherhood View Post
    My body uses fat for energy instead of carbs and produces ketones. This is keto. I have done it before on bulks and cuts. I just refed less often and didn't think much about the gi of the carbs.

I found my answer elsewhere anyway.

Dunno what you fellows are,talking about

Cycling carbs doesn't have 4 zero carb days
    You must be different than all humans. You obvious need to study up on substrates metabolism.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?