I am a beginner bodybuilder. When I was in high school, I had my first experience with lifting weights. Now, almost 8 years later, I am taking weightlifting much more seriously. I began thinking that I could benefit from a pre-workout supplement. Without any prior research or in the gym interviewing I headed to my local GNC and was "sold" some beyond raw: ravage. I will base my review on 6 important categories that I feel are encompassing of the whole PWO idea and experience.
1. EFFECT- the effect produced by ravage was very noticeable. Within 15 minutes of drinking 8 ounces of water mixed with 1 scoop, I felt like I could run a marathon. Now, if you are a lifter who likes the beta-alanine tingle, then ravage is your friend. If you are like me, a lifter who prefers less beta-alanine in a pre-workout, then I cannot recommend this product for you. Now, for pumps, I was less than impressed. This surprised me because ravage contains both L-arginine and citrulline malate, both known to increase nitric oxide levels in the blood. However, I have had better pumps from superpump max. Along the lines of energy, ravage destroys jack3d. I mean seriously, is there meth in ravage??? Insane amounts of energy accompanied by extreme focus were the main effects of the supplement. Altogether, in the effect column, I give ravage a 3.5 out of 5. This is because of the disappointment with the pumps, the beta-alanine tingle, oh and the fact that I had to take a dump around 40 minutes after having drank my dose every single time.
2. TASTE- oh my god the taste is awful. I got the grape, and it sure was a mistake. You open the tub and it smells awful. Hoping that the taste is better than the smell, I mixed up a dose. Eccckkk. Gross. 1 out of 5 on the taste where 0 would be straight dog ****.
3. MIXABILITY- the mixability of this product is good. I would put it in my bottle with about 8 ounces of water and shake it vigorously for about 30 seconds. The only bad part was when the last little bit was all that was left. There would be a gritty, displeasing, creatine in the bottom of the bottle. I give it a 4 out of 5 on this category.
4. PRICE- the price was really not bad at all. I think I paid 35 dollars for a months supply. Granted there are only 20 servings in a bottle. I never dared double up on my dose to 2 scoops for fear of the runs. Price gets a 3 out of 5.
5. FILLER- there really is a lot of good things in this product. l-leucine, fenugreek, yohimbe, arginine, citrulline, taurine, and caffeine just to name a few. There really aren't any "useless" things in it, therefore I give it a 5 out of 5 for having no filler.
6. SIDE-EFFECTS- the side-effects of this product were mild at worst. The ****s, the BA tingle, a little sleeplessness, and a tolerance build-up to the active ingredients. Nothing really out of the ordinary for a PWO.*
OVERALL- all things considered, I give beyond raw: ravage a 3.2 out of 5. The benefits of the product were over-stated. I was looking for a product that would give me vascularity beyond belief and energy to boot. I got the energy I needed to push myself in the gym, but the vascularity and pumps were lacking. I would probably recommend this product to an experienced lifter coming off of jack3d or white flood, but other than that I can not say that I would recommend it. I will not be buying this PWO again.
I just got some also. I am looking forward to trying it. Mixed one scoop with 12 oz of water. Taste was good first gulp - the rest has been terrible, but it's a pre-work out drink so I'm not drinking it to relax and enjoy a beverage. My details to come later on.
Hy friends ! I am using protein of gnc 100 egg and creatine of cell tech from musletech ! Just wana know tht both products are ok and m taking during work out from musletech ! I wana know one more thing that m taking creatine half an hour ago the workout and after workout m taking protien and creatine mix in water ! Am I doing write or wrong ! Just tell me what is the best !