Rauger33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help needed for college basketball training

so currently I am attending community college in the fall and will for the next two years, during these two years I want to train for basketball and walk on to a team at a 4 year school. I have little real game experience only 2 years of junior varsity basketball, and rec league for 4 years. I'm a small point guard at about 120 lbs 5'6 but I put can put on muscle rather easily. My lower body is very strong as I ran a lot through high school, but my upper body strength and arms are fairly weak. I was wondering if anyone had any tips what so ever that could aid me in my long journey I'm determined and have plenty of free time. Recently I got a job at ups and I've been there for 4 weeks and I'm already getting stronger. So any tips on training would be much appreciated. For schools I'm looking at, d2 or d3 would be the realistic goal, but I've always loved the university of florida, which is d1 which would be very hard to reach.
    Basketball strengths: passing, court vision, stealing, rebounding, drive to the hoop, creativity with the ball
    Basketball weakness' : shooting, on ball defense, range, free throws, finishing at rim, handles
    Any tips? And don't hate if you don't think I have a chance that's your opinion.

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just pick a program and stick to it. It could be ws4sb or starting strength at the beginning and then ws4sb. Those are really good programs and with good eating you will get stronger. But this is just one part of you being a better athlete. Plyometric work should be also done as agility work and skill practise. Remember that you need to watch your recovery because of all those aspects. You muast lower the volume of lifting as you raise volume of plyometric training or sprinting etc. Good luck!

BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Take your weaknesses and make them your strengths.
    "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it"

yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You definatley need to pack on a fair bit of weight and start lifting, it will help in a number of areas. But the main aspect is the skill side, work on your defence and handles as it sounds like you're more of a facilitator than a scorer and this will give the best chance of getting some minutes.