Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Protein Excess & Liver, Kidney damage (% of absorption)

Hello

I'm new here and I'm setting my nutrition goals so I can optimize my progress. I was wondering however what was the view of the bodybuilding community about the stress that can be caused to our livers and kidneys while supplementing. I'm looking to increase mass and reduce my bodyfat and I was wondering what was the overall % of real absorption of protein in the body.

According to my calculations my lean body mass now is 158 lbs (194 lbs, 18% fat, 72" height), so my macronutrients values would be:

Calories: 2500
    Protein: 237 g
    Fat: 63.2 g
    Carbs: 245.7 g

For proteins, I used 1.5 g of protein per lbs of body mass since I train 6 days a week (Around 1 hr+20 min cardio (250 calories burn) at the end) but I was reading that in order to calculate the % of protein you would need is your weight/2 , so according to that I would need to consume only 97 g. In other places I've read the value should be 0.45g per lb, 0.85 per lb and so on...

So my question is whether you train or not, I'm assuming the body absorpts only a certain amount of protein (whatever our livers are able to process) so even if I raise the amount of protein in my diet, I'll in the end wasting it and potentially damaging my body?

My main sources for protein are Whey & Casein as powders, meats (tuna, chicken and turkey),eggs, nuts, allmonds, and peas.

Hope someone can enlighten me on this

ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1g - 1.5g per Ilb of lean body mass is optimum for training individuals for muscle recovery
    your body uses all protein you give it wether it be for energy or bodily functions

Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avaric3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1-1.25x bodyweight is plenty

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need less protein and more fat in your diet. I would shoot for 1g/lb (194g in your case) for protein and .5g/lb (97g for you) of fat, then fill the rest in with carbs.
    You will not cause any damage to your body at these amounts. It takes way more than that to damage your body with protein intake.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obrero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the answers, appreciate it. Since I read so many values in the end I figured I would stay somewhere on the middle being 1 lb just as deadpool9 suggests (and also try to source more fat then). Would a pre-workout and aminoacids help me in this stage?

0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It could be a problem for the kidneys if you already have underlying kidney issues, but if your kidneys are healthy (most likely) you should be fine. If you're worried about it, have a blood (and/or urine) test done to check kidney function.