Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000)

Weighing yourself daily

Hi there ladies. First thread post here.

Getting on the scale daily:
    I know I shouldn't...but I find myself compulsively doing this. Sometimes even 3x per day.

Yes, I used to have some eating disorders when younger...
    is this a sign of a old habits rearing their ugly head?
    Do any of the other ladies do this compulsively?
    If so, any deterrents? Ways to stay motivated, and away from negative compulsions like this, etc...?

I'm obviously mentally ****ing myself...just want to stay in a healthy head space.

bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000) bbbee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump? o.0

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, it is a sign of bad habits, reborn. Eating disorders, like most mental illnesses, don't "go away" so much as you learn to cope and manage them. It's like being an alcoholic. You're a "recovering alcoholic" if you haven't had a drink in 20 years, but you're not a "non-alcoholic".

Best solution, throw out your scale. Seriously. Weigh yourself weekly, if that, at the gym. Daily measurements are even meaningless, there is just too much natural fluctuation of water and food in the body for the number to tell you anything.

If you really think weighing yourself three times a day is useful, you've got to look into getting help with your body image disorder.
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bbbee View Post

I know I shouldn't...but I find myself compulsively doing this. Sometimes even 3x per day.

If so, any deterrents? Ways to stay motivated, and away from negative compulsions like this, etc...?

I'm obviously mentally ****ing myself...just want to stay in a healthy head space.
    If your question is do you still have issues, my answer would have to be yes.

Your first move, get rid of your scale.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by goalorientgirl View Post
    Yes, it is a sign of bad habits, reborn. Eating disorders, like most mental illnesses, don't "go away" so much as you learn to cope and manage them. It's like being an alcoholic. You're a "recovering alcoholic" if you haven't had a drink in 20 years, but you're not a "non-alcoholic".

Best solution, throw out your scale. Seriously. Weigh yourself weekly, if that, at the gym. Daily measurements are even meaningless, there is just too much natural fluctuation of water and food in the body for the number to tell you anything.

If you really think weighing yourself three times a day is useful, you've got to look into getting help with your body image disorder.
    Appreciate the reply...and I agree. It's been so long since I've had to deal with these types of issues that you forget in a way that it takes constant TLC and maintenance to keep yourself in a mentally healthy place...

and it's not that I think weighing myself 3x a day is useful, it just...happens...it's completely compulsive.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    If your question is do you still have issues, my answer would have to be yes.

Your first move, get rid of your scale.
    Thanks for the reply also...

Yeah...seems like the best bet would be removing the scale from my home.

I want to look like you.. mrmbm's Avatar
    mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    While I don't have an eating disorder, I do have an unhealthy relationship with my scale! I can usually stick to weighing once a week, but sometimes I find myself reverting back to daily weigh ins.

The best thing I did was remove the scale, just like the other ladies have said. Now, I have someone in the house who can HIDE the scale for me and just get it out once a week if need be. If you're alone, I'd throw it away.

Good luck to you!!
    I'm never gonna be this fat again...
    --------------------------

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My latest journal! Follow along...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141007621

thanks so much.

fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fittness93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree-Remove the scale.

I chucked the scale 2 years ago, just got it back about 2 months ago. I overcame the compulsion to weigh several times a day. It took all of those 2 years, but I did it. I will say, I never really had issues with food, I'm just a perfectionist, but it was the best thing for me to do at the time.

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some people can weigh themselves a lot without it screwing with their head. I like to weigh in daily and I've grown to understand what factors lead to me "gaining" 5 lbs overnight and why I sometimes have extremely low weigh ins. I don't put much stock in the scale but I do like to track my weight. However, I don't have a history of eating disorders and I'm not obsessive about it.

I think for you it would be best to get rid of it. Go by what you look like in the mirror. Or take pictures once a month - that's probably the best way to assess how you're progressing.
    ** Current Maxes: **
    Deadlift: 235 lbs // Bench: 100 lbs // Squat: 185 lbs // Overhead Press: 80 lbs

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

OBBBBBBBBBBVVVVVVIIIIIOOOOUUUSLY!

end thread.

oh how much did the scale say today?
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't weigh myself anymore. I just go by how I look and feel and how my clothes fit.

I used to let that stupid contraption control me and how I felt about myself - If I had a "good" number, I'd be really happy and work extra hard and eat really well that day, If I had a "bad" number, I'd say "fck it, this isn't working" and slack off.

Before I'd weigh myself I'd get very nervous and totally freak myself out. My heart would race like I'd just run a marathon and I'd have to lean against the wall to keep from nearly passing out (Yes, issues). Never again. I feel so much more free and productive this way.
    Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen.

Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was like that. I actually put my scale up in my closet during the week and take it down Sunday for my weigh in.
    Autumn Arun

"take it one day at a time".

I was built for this bitches! Watch out!

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3x per day is DEFINITELY overkill. Even every day is overkill. Once per week is plenty, as your weight will fluctuate hourly depending on hydration, food, etc. Just stay off.
    ^_^

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking at any kind of numbers daily will drive you INSANE. Even bank statements, payroll, writing checks, Alexa ratings, etc. Once or twice a month is about all I can bear. Numbers can make most people crazy.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Princess20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Princess20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Princess20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Break the habit

Maybe it's best to break the habit of weighing yourself daily, like biting fingernails? Perhaps instead of weighing yourself, do something nice for yourself.

I only weigh myself once per week.

ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladymystique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    have not weighed myself in 1.5 years now. It messed with my head to much. I go with how I look and how my clothes fit....and that has worked for me. Weight is irrelivant.
    Just do whatever the **** you wanna do.

bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bee, whenever my old habits start coming back is when I start to compulsively weigh myself. I know you and I have discussed this topic in private before but it's fitting for me to mention this in this thread since someone else could be feeling/going through the same thing.

I know I still have my issues as sporadic as they may be and my scale is still sitting under my bed.

I feel like the more I weigh myself the more in control I am of what I eat and how I push myself to workout. This is obviously not true because it's not ME controlling the numbers, but rather, the numbers controlling me.

I try not to focus on the numbers though because no matter what they are, if my body composition isn't what I want it to be (muscle rather than fat of course), I will never be happy with it.

I say, each time you want to weigh yourself force yourself to think about it and stop it from being something compulsive. I am completely on the same page with you and just recently my issues have been coming back but I have found ways to push them aside and go about things in a healthier way.

Anyway, I've gone on quite a bit but you should know you can always talk to me on TC or here or anything. )

DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50) DearZorro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I had eating disorder I had to weight less at evening than at morning... No healthy at all. I just recently starting use a scale again and bought one which shows my body fat %, So I can see if my weight is still the same but body fat is going still away...

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes weighting yourself 3 times a day is way over the top and you should consider getting help especially since you already had eating disorders. Weighting yourself daily also doesn't make much sense. It takes 3,500 calories to gain 1lb. Did you eat 3,500 calories over maintenance yesterday? No? Then why are you weighting yourself?
    I rarely weight myself since I do bodybuilding because what the scale tells me means little to me. I am trying to gain as much lean mass as I can while lose as much body fat as I can. So if the scale says I gained 1lb, it doesn't tell me if it's 1lb of muscle or 1lb of fat, or a combination of the 2, so what's the point? I go by how I look and how I fit in my clothes. If I can't see my abs I gained fat. If I can lift heavier this time than the last I gained muscle. That's all I need.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitMommy71010 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    It takes 3,500 calories to gain 1lb. Did you eat 3,500 calories over maintenance yesterday? No? Then why are you weighting yourself?
    Wow, this is a great philosphy, I have never thought about it this way. I have to force myself to not weigh every day, in my head I know it is much healthier to weigh every week. Every time I am tempted to step on the scale, I will think about this!! Thanks so much for the insight!!

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I know I'm chiming in a little late here, but when I had an ED (close to 20 years ago), I weighed myself compulsively. As Rowyn said, just because you haven't had a drink in 20 years doesn't mean you not an alcoholic. While I am fortunate enough to have made a close to full recovery from anorexia, if I am not careful, a few of the old habits start creeping up (especially now that I am training for competition).

I didn't weigh myself for 3 years. I only recently re-introduced the scale and weigh myself once a week. But for the most part, I rely on the mirror and my clothes to keep track of my progress.

While it may be difficult to chuck the scale altogether, maybe you should think about "weening" yourself off of it. Like maybe try weighing yourself 1x in the morning and that's it. Then gradually cut back more by skipping a day and so on, until you don't need it anymore.

And yes, the scale can be a complete mindfuk.
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bethanyboo View Post
    Some people can weigh themselves a lot without it screwing with their head. I like to weigh in daily and I've grown to understand what factors lead to me "gaining" 5 lbs overnight and why I sometimes have extremely low weigh ins. I don't put much stock in the scale but I do like to track my weight. However, I don't have a history of eating disorders and I'm not obsessive about it.

Yes. ^^^^ I do weigh myself daily, but I don't get emotionally goofy with the numbers. Three or four pounds up in one day has zilch affect on me. If it does you, OP, stop weighing. It really can't get any simpler than that.

Actually, my daily weighing is more out of curiosity to see how much my morning poop weighs! I step on, step off, poop, step on and off again, do a little subtraction...geez, I'm a freak, aren't I?
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Actually, my daily weighing is more out of curiosity to see how much my morning poop weighs! I step on, step off, poop, step on and off again, do a little subtraction...geez, I'm a freak, aren't I?
    I thought that was a guy thing!
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bruisedlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Did you eat 3,500 calories over maintenance yesterday? No? Then why are you weighting yourself?
    I rarely weight myself since I do bodybuilding because what the scale tells me means little to me. I am trying to gain as much lean mass as I can while lose as much body fat as I can. So if the scale says I gained 1lb, it doesn't tell me if it's 1lb of muscle or 1lb of fat, or a combination of the 2, so what's the point? I go by how I look and how I fit in my clothes. If I can't see my abs I gained fat. If I can lift heavier this time than the last I gained muscle. That's all I need.
    Sadly affected minds don't work that way. We get fixated on the numbers and every 0.01 lb makes a difference. It's crazy but I've been there and composition doesn't matter as long as you're thin and weightless.

You are absolutely correct though and I wish you the best of luck

ashbychan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sometimes I step on the scale to see if I've gained muscle. But I measure progress in terms of fat loss by measuring my waist.

Registered User SurferGirl92037's Avatar
    SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I weigh daily. It keeps me accountable and it doesn't mess with my head.

BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't weigh myself more than once a week, if that. Weighing yourself daily isn't an accurate way to measure your progress anyways, so doing it three times a day is definitely a sign that your emotional anxiety over your weight needs to be re-evaluated.

I commend you for at least recognizing that this IS an issue for you, and if you want to stay in a health frame of mind, its great that you've reached out. I agree with the posters who are saying remove the scale, that really seems to be the most healthy option, and easiest deterrent. Its not there to tempt you or be threatening either.

But I'd also recommend either finding someone who can help you with this issue, or a professional you can talk to. Getting it out will help you evaluate where you are and where you want to be - and if you're really focused on mental and physical health, the scale factor will fade away.

I wish you the best of luck with all this!
    Embrace Fire, Love the Burn!

********: http://www.********.com/pages/Bry.Jensen.Fitness
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/BryJensen

surfsupdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfsupdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfsupdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) surfsupdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the exact same problem with the scale

weighing yourself everyday is counter productive, I actually was doing this compulsive scale thing for like 3 months earlier this year and it was driving me crazy. I kept thinking I lost some weight because my clothes fit better and i felt like I was moving around quicker/easier and then I would check my weight and not always get the number I wanted or expected. I think if you weigh yourself once every few days (2 or 3 times a week) that is okay but anything more than that is just not healthy behavior and can sabotage your work ethic by not showing the results you are expecting
    "I don't train for time, I don't train for reps, I train for failure, I like to see my body fail. I like to lay in the bed for a whole day because I'm so tired from working"- Ray Lewis #52

Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dokkalfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to weigh a lot, and like so many other women, I'd let it get me frustrated if it didn't move in the right direction.
    What has helped is looking at other ladies' pics here..it made me realize that weight truly is just a number. What is 120 on one woman's body can look totally different on another. I've hit a point in life where I cherish my health and how I feel more than what the scale tells me. I still weigh every once in a while, maybe once a month, but I've learned not to put too much stock into it. Life is a lot better without the scale!