Registered User cheerleader0720's Avatar
    cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ladies, How Do You "Cheat"?

I'm kind of an all-or-nothing kind of girl. I've learned a lot here, and I've really been seeing results, but the problem I have is this:

When I "mess up", I keep "messing up" for the rest of that day. I'm working on not labeling food as "good" or "bad", and I understand (logically, anyway), that any food is ok in moderation. I've really been focusing on my calories and macros, and that helps a lot.

I allow myself a cheat meal on Saturday, and a cheat snack on Sunday. However, usually, the food I want to "cheat" with doesn't have readily available nutrition information. Oh, I know you can look almost anything up on the internet, but any time you're dealing with a restaurant, etc., human error applies. My favorite cheats are 1) frozen yogurt, 2) spinach and artichoke dip, and 3) popcorn and soda (eek!) at the movies. #2 and #3 get shared with my fiance, making it even harder to figure nutrition facts.

So, my question is, which way to "cheat" works best for you?

Do you figure out the rest of your meals for the day, and then assign your "cheat meal" a calorie value to stay within? If so, how do you deal with meals where you don't KNOW the calorie value?

Do you eat whatever you want for your cheat meal and not worry about the calories? If so, how do you go about the rest of your day? Do you still count calories for the other meals? If so, do you stay with your normal values? Or do you go a bit lower?

Do you "save up" calories during the week? Like, let's say you are able to lose/maintain/whatever on 1700 calories a day, but you go down to 1650 a day to "save up" for that cheat?

Do you have another plan that works for you?

gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschofield2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a firm believer in a cheat meal every now and again. Stops me going insane, although i do love my healthy food too. On my days in which i incoperate a cheat meal (make sure its a cheat 'meal' - cheat days are known as binges and i know myself i tend to eat as much crap as possible, this isnt really a healthy thing to do) I make sure i've atleast reached my protein requirements. Secondly because i pre plan my daily meals and calculate my macros, on the day i have a cheat meal (usually once every two weeks) i tend to keep my calories a little below what i usually eat, sorta me 'fitting the cheat meal in'. So say i eat 1600 cals on my non workout days, i'll leave around 300 out and have a chocolate bar later on. I try my best to stay within my macros still - if you know your meals gonna be full of carbs (the best food usually is) i just try and lower my carbs a little for the rest of the day. I also think the best time to have a cheat meal/snack is after you have already eaten. So say you're going out to a restaurant with friends, don't go on an empty stomach, you're more than likely to get a huge main (if not a starter) and finish with a desert. I know i do. Instead i eat some chicken and veg and feel reasonably full before i go and indulge. Same principal as when you go food shopping, they tend to say never go on an empty stomach. Almost any meal you can calculate the nutritional value online. Although it could be inaccurate when at a restaurant, because you don't know how the food has been prepared; and therefore its caloric value may be way off as to what you have calculated. However A guideline is always useful.

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lately, I've been eating slightly under my maintenance calories to allow for splurges every now and then. I'll have something sweet at work during the week and then 1 or 2 splurges over the weekend. It works out for me. I really don't feel deprived.
    ** Current Maxes: **
    Deadlift: 235 lbs // Bench: 100 lbs // Squat: 185 lbs // Overhead Press: 80 lbs

Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One method that I've found useful is to build a treat into my day, every day. I make room for a serving of ice cream, dark chocolate and peanut butter, a glass of wine, whatever it is that I'm craving at the end of the day. Ever since I learned how to make sludge, I've been using that as my treat -- delicious, and high protein at the same time.

On days that I know I'm going to go out to dinner, or go to the movies, I'd just make room in my daily cals. For example, the hubs and I went to the movies the other weekend. I knew that I was going to snack on pretzels bites, because pretzels bites are my secret shame. I looked up online what the damage would be -- 140 cals for 5 bites, and limited myself to 15. Then I took those cals away from my snacks -- no morning snack, and the pretzels counted as my afternoon snack. I was a little high on carbs that day, but not a big deal.

I'm also a big fan of sneaking my own snacks into the movies. I have totally been known to bring my own mini-bag of kettle corn in my purse.
    I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

1 January 2017: 175.0
    1 June 2017: 154.4
    Goal Weight: 145.0 (by 1 August)

Week 1: 154.3 (6/2/17); Week 2: 154.4 (6/9/17); Week 3: 152.4 (6/16/17); Week 4: Friday 23th June; Week 5: Friday 30th June

IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cheerleader0720 View Post
    I don't call my daily food choices "diet" or "cheating".
    I have calories to eat during the work-out days (I plan them a day ahead because my food choices also depend on what type of exercise I'm doing) and there are calories I eat when I don't exercise. Right now I eat around 1600 cal a day, and this Sunday I ate (and drank ) about 4000. No biggy. I know I'm going to exercise the next six days. I have just finished a week of exercises. So? why? not?
    I enjoyed my food and wine. And desserts, of course. Because everything was prepared at home (it always feels better to know), lots of carbs were from fresh fruits. And the wine was the proper choice for better digestion of veal.

There are good days, there are bad days... And nobody is perfect.
    Little girls cry... Big girls say "F@ck!".

nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I cheat, I just f-ing cheat. They aren't scheduled in and sometimes they happen twice in a week, while other times, not for a month or so. I don't account for it, and I don't even wanna know the cals(would ruin the lack of guilt I feel). Normally, it's Cold Stone ice cream. Or cheesecake batter(my hubby makes awesome holiday cheesecakes!). Or cookie dough.
    BUT these things aren't kept in the house, so I can't keep going and going and going. I know myself well enough to know when I'm beat(willpower).

Those are really the only foods that I seem to loose all sense of reason with. Crappy store bought ice cream or Schwan's pushups & ice cream sandwiches, I can have in the house with no worries. Today actually, I had an ice cream sandwich at snack. One & done. Or other cake batters or cookies. Just some are my trigger foods, so I let them have their fun & not worry.

I do have treats, desserts, and "junk" daily & it fits into my macros. I can control those.
    "That's what I want. Period. I want to look like I lift even when I don't flex. I want little girls to be afraid of my abs. I want other women to talk bad about me out of jealousy. I want men to worry I could snap them in half with my legs(yet be oddly turned on by the thought at the same time)." ~me2011

Registered User SurferGirl92037's Avatar
    SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wish I could offer up something more than this but I actually just occasionally eat "off plan" but when I do, I do it with great moderation. I've found that after eating clean for three years, binges of bad stuff actually make me feel very sick for a few days. I might have a few bites of pizza or a few pieces of chocolate. I love my good food which helps me avoid bad choices.

cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronOrchid View Post
    I don't call my daily food choices "diet" or "cheating". I have calories to eat during the work-out days (I plan them a day ahead because my food choices also depend on what type of exercise I'm doing) and there are calories I eat when I don't exercise. Right now I eat around 1600 cal a day, and this Sunday I ate (and drank ) about 4000. No biggy. I know I'm going to exercise the next six days. I have just finished a week of exercises. So? why? not? I enjoyed my food and wine. And desserts, of course. Because everything was prepared at home (it always feels better to know), lots of carbs were from fresh fruits. And the wine was the proper choice for better digestion of veal. There are good days, there are bad days... And nobody is perfect.
    Thanks for the advice.

On a side note, I'm wondering if you know how veal is made? It's pretty horrible. Cows are naturally social animals, and for veal, calves are taken away from their mothers at only a day to three days old. Then, they are put into little stalls--which are usually too tiny for them to even turn around--little lone kick and play like calves do. I think it's ok to eat meat (and indeed, somewhat necessary for an athlete), but I do try to make sure that my meat was raised and killed in the most humane way possible. I'm not trying to lecture you, I'm just letting you know because some people really don't realize what goes into making veal.

Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
    When I cheat, I just f-ing cheat. They aren't scheduled in and sometimes they happen twice in a week, while other times, not for a month or so. I don't account for it, and I don't even wanna know the cals(would ruin the lack of guilt I feel). Normally, it's Cold Stone ice cream. Or cheesecake batter(my hubby makes awesome holiday cheesecakes!). Or cookie dough.
    BUT these things aren't kept in the house, so I can't keep going and going and going. I know myself well enough to know when I'm beat(willpower).

Those are really the only foods that I seem to loose all sense of reason with. Crappy store bought ice cream or Schwan's pushups & ice cream sandwiches, I can have in the house with no worries. Today actually, I had an ice cream sandwich at snack. One & done. Or other cake batters or cookies. Just some are my trigger foods, so I let them have their fun & not worry.

I do have treats, desserts, and "junk" daily & it fits into my macros. I can control those.
    Oh my! I wish I could go a month without cheating! Lol! Your post is making me hungry!! (No...wait...that's not hunger--SEE?! I'm learning!!)

Originally Posted by Paichka View Post
    One method that I've found useful is to build a treat into my day, every day. I make room for a serving of ice cream, dark chocolate and peanut butter, a glass of wine, whatever it is that I'm craving at the end of the day. Ever since I learned how to make sludge, I've been using that as my treat -- delicious, and high protein at the same time.

On days that I know I'm going to go out to dinner, or go to the movies, I'd just make room in my daily cals. For example, the hubs and I went to the movies the other weekend. I knew that I was going to snack on pretzels bites, because pretzels bites are my secret shame. I looked up online what the damage would be -- 140 cals for 5 bites, and limited myself to 15. Then I took those cals away from my snacks -- no morning snack, and the pretzels counted as my afternoon snack. I was a little high on carbs that day, but not a big deal.

I'm also a big fan of sneaking my own snacks into the movies. I have totally been known to bring my own mini-bag of kettle corn in my purse.
    Lol! I've been thinking of bringing my own bag in as well, but my fiance is convinced we'll be caught! Lol! I'm going to do it anyway one of these days!

NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NicolaRose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If i don't have a dinner planned or anything, i usually cheat on legs day.
    I prefer having my cheat meal for lunch because i find i can't just have a cheat dinner, I need dessert too!
    I used to be all or nothing, but i remember my first cheat meal a few weeks into serious training, my parents came up for lunch, so i was like "f*ck it, i'm having pizza for lunch" and afterwards, i couldn't wait to get the the gym and come home to a nice healthy dinner, haha.

I don't change my calories, or anything, i just replace a meal with a cheat meal and make sure every other meal is spot on.

once, i really wanted to go out clubbing (come on, i'm only 19!) so i made sure my diet was immaculate that day and my cheat meal was a few glasses of champagne when we went clubbing. I told myself if i ever drank for my cheat "meal" i'd have to be careful when I got home- i drank 2L of water, took a multi and a berocca, got up the next day pumped for the gym!!

Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bout2break69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im usually all or nothing too. if i cheat on a weekend it becomes a whole weekend binge. I do have binge eating disorder though, which makes it more difficult to stop. What ive found that helps with cheating though is to make it the last meal of the day on a sunday or whatever day. I always feel like i have to get back into it after the weekend so it helps if i limit myself to the very last part of the weekend so that if i go crazy its for a smaller amount of time.
    If its not uncomfortable then youre not pushing yourself hard enough.
    Comfort is for those who have given up on becoming better.

IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the advice.

On a side note, I'm wondering if you know how veal is made? It's pretty horrible. Cows are naturally social animals, and for veal, calves are taken away from their mothers at only a day to three days old. Then, they are put into little stalls--which are usually too tiny for them to even turn around--little lone kick and play like calves do. I think it's ok to eat meat (and indeed, somewhat necessary for an athlete), but I do try to make sure that my meat was raised and killed in the most humane way possible. I'm not trying to lecture you, I'm just letting you know because some people really don't realize what goes into making veal.
    Thanks, now I know why I prefer veal... sooooo tender!... yammmmm....
    Life is too short to bother myself checking how my food was killed. Besides, there are rules for making the food ready to cook and those rules worked for centuries: veal goes like that, lobster should be boiled alive, the whole fish is killed to get caviar, etc. Fine with me as long as it tastes good.
    Oh, BTW, when I get double yolks egg in my frying pan does than mean I've just killed twins? LOL
    Little girls cry... Big girls say "F@ck!".

Originally Posted by IronOrchid View Post
    Thanks, now I know why I prefer veal... sooooo tender!... yammmmm....
    Life is too short to bother myself checking how my food was killed. Besides, there are rules for making the food ready to cook and those rules worked for centuries: veal goes like that, lobster should be boiled alive, the whole fish is killed to get caviar, etc. Fine with me as long as it tastes good.
    Oh, BTW, when I get double yolks egg in my frying pan does than mean I've just killed twins? LOL
    Well, some people care; some are too caught up in their own desires to bother. I eat meat, but like the Native Americans, I appreciate that it came from a living, FEELING being. We are all part of the food chain, but I don't feel that another being should have to suffer such a miserable existence just so that I can have food that tastes a little better. As humans who (hopefully) have the ability to reason and feel empathy, we should be better than that.
    And no, double yolks in a frying pan does not mean you've killed twins. Eggs are sold unfertilized. You are actually basically just eating a chicken's menstruation.
    Last edited by cheerleader0720; 08-17-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Originally Posted by Bout2break69 View Post
    Im usually all or nothing too. if i cheat on a weekend it becomes a whole weekend binge. I do have binge eating disorder though, which makes it more difficult to stop. What ive found that helps with cheating though is to make it the last meal of the day on a sunday or whatever day. I always feel like i have to get back into it after the weekend so it helps if i limit myself to the very last part of the weekend so that if i go crazy its for a smaller amount of time.
    I try to make dinner my cheat meal, too--for that very same reason. I think my cheat snacks mess me up for than anything, since I eat them during the day.

Originally Posted by NicolaRose View Post
    If i don't have a dinner planned or anything, i usually cheat on legs day.
    I prefer having my cheat meal for lunch because i find i can't just have a cheat dinner, I need dessert too!
    I used to be all or nothing, but i remember my first cheat meal a few weeks into serious training, my parents came up for lunch, so i was like "f*ck it, i'm having pizza for lunch" and afterwards, i couldn't wait to get the the gym and come home to a nice healthy dinner, haha.

I don't change my calories, or anything, i just replace a meal with a cheat meal and make sure every other meal is spot on.

once, i really wanted to go out clubbing (come on, i'm only 19!) so i made sure my diet was immaculate that day and my cheat meal was a few glasses of champagne when we went clubbing. I told myself if i ever drank for my cheat "meal" i'd have to be careful when I got home- i drank 2L of water, took a multi and a berocca, got up the next day pumped for the gym!!
    You must have more willpower than me, girl! If I cheat at lunch, I'm done for the day (hence the reason for this thread...Lol!)

AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't believe in cheat foods, because that's assigning an emotion to food which can bring about eating disordered behavior. If a food is a cheat...then it's bad...and then you start treating said food like it's the death of you if you accidentally indulge...then you feel guilty if you indulge...etc....sorry, just rambling.

I do cheat days, but I'm trying to call them "break" days now. I have one cheat day a week where I can whatever I want and I do not count or even estimate calories. I usually go to a restaurant and have some nice food
    Cutting from 175lbs to 135lbs, see my journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133641461

"Ordinary people evade facts, become inconsistent, or systematically defend themselves against the threat of new information relevant to issues [about which they have preconceived ideas]." - Cognitive Psychologist Peter Wason, 1981

Come join me: http://www.********.com/TheWellnessChick

MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissKaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm kind of an all-or-nothing kind of girl. I've learned a lot here, and I've really been seeing results, but the problem I have is this:

When I "mess up", I keep "messing up" for the rest of that day. I'm working on not labeling food as "good" or "bad", and I understand (logically, anyway), that any food is ok in moderation. I've really been focusing on my calories and macros, and that helps a lot.

I allow myself a cheat meal on Saturday, and a cheat snack on Sunday. However, usually, the food I want to "cheat" with doesn't have readily available nutrition information. Oh, I know you can look almost anything up on the internet, but any time you're dealing with a restaurant, etc., human error applies. My favorite cheats are 1) frozen yogurt, 2) spinach and artichoke dip, and 3) popcorn and soda (eek!) at the movies. #2 and #3 get shared with my fiance, making it even harder to figure nutrition facts.

So, my question is, which way to "cheat" works best for you?

Do you figure out the rest of your meals for the day, and then assign your "cheat meal" a calorie value to stay within? If so, how do you deal with meals where you don't KNOW the calorie value?

Do you eat whatever you want for your cheat meal and not worry about the calories? If so, how do you go about the rest of your day? Do you still count calories for the other meals? If so, do you stay with your normal values? Or do you go a bit lower?

Do you "save up" calories during the week? Like, let's say you are able to lose/maintain/whatever on 1700 calories a day, but you go down to 1650 a day to "save up" for that cheat?

Hey!!! We are women, we are emotional eaters, its normal, however it also gets us into trouble!!
    When I feel the need to snack, or have an outburst on my favourite icecream, I pull up pictures of myself at my biggest weight.
    I dont "bank" calories, calories have no dollar value! I prepare all my meals and it keeps me out of trouble. If I absolutely need to feel like I should have some chocolate, I just have a chocolate protein shake made with milk, less milk than the packet says so its thicker and creamier.

paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000)
    I try not to cheat. For me, if I cheat, it often lead to more cheating, which is how I gained my latest weight to begin with. Slippery slope unfortunately.

fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Paichka View Post
    ^ this! I guess I technically "cheat" most days. But as long as I plan them ahead of time, I never end up over calories. I just decide what I want first and then work the rest of my macros around it to be sure that I'm getting in everything I need. Tonight, for example, I'm having an entireeee twix ice cream bar for dessert! *swoon* BUT my macros for the day? 141 P 125 CHO 49 F - which works out perfectly for me! (:

I do know EXACTLY how you feel though. Some times I have bad days (normally holidays/big family occasions) where once I mess up, I just KEEP messing up. The difference between us and most people though is that the next day, we get back to our normal eating habits. I feel like the persistence and dedication is what separates us from the not-so-health-oriented. So if you mess up - don't worry about it! Just keep on keepin on and eventually it will get easier.
    If you never do anything differently, how do you expect to see change?