rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rz62 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

FortiFX Bars review

Video Review:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mAqW...el_video_title

Taste:

Typically the protein bars I get taste like they were a chocolate bar mixed with Whey in a blender. But the Peanut Butter cup Fortifix flavor was different. The Peanut butter cup was easily the best tasting protein bar. It kind of tasted like Reece’s Peanut Butter cups. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought it was a normal chocolate bar. The flavor didn’t have the strong Whey taste to it. On the otherhand, the Caramel Peanut was not as good as the Peanut Butter cup flavor. It tasted like a Snickers bar, but way more chewy. It took me some time to finish it up compared to the Peanut Butter cups which I devoured the second I took a bite. The Caramel Peanut tasted like a mint chocolate. The Chocolate Deluxe was pretty solid and tasted like your average candy bar. Really chocolaty and sweet. If you have a sweet tooth, stick to some other flavor.

Peanut Butter Cup: 12/10
    Caramel Peanut: 3/10
    Chocolate Deluxe: 7/10

Look/Smell
    All 3 of the bars look like the typical chocolate bar. The bars have a coating of chocolate with nuts sprinkled in. Once you take a bite, the bars look similar to a Twix bar on the inside. The peanut Butter cups smelled like a normal chocolate bar..
    8/10. Not bad at all

Nutritional Content
    This is by far the most protein-filled bars I’ve tried. I’ve had a few protein bars, but for the most part they hover around 20 G of protein. The Fortifix bars have 30 G of protein in them. That is even more than the normal Whey Protein serving. The bats have about 380-390 Calories in them, double the usual protein bar. They had 36-41 G of Carbs and 16-17 G of fat in them. The carb content is a double edged sword depending on your goals

9/10 if you are on a bulk
    5/10 on a cut cycle

Recommendation:

If money is no object to you, I would recommend the fortifix bars. Specifically the Peanut Butter cups. Don’t be surprised if you ate 3 of them in one sitting. If you are on a bulk cycle, these bars are perfect as a Whey substitute or a complement to your diet. If you are cutting, I wouldn’t recommend it. The Calorie and Carb content is simply too high especially when you can find a Whey serving with 1/3 of the calories and Carbs, but most of the protein.

Overall: Peanut Butter cups 9.5/10
    Caramel Peanut 5/10
    Chocolate Deluxe 7/10
    Last edited by rz62; 10-17-2011 at 09:55 AM.