ellieee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein shakers - does it really matter?

I've seen a few gimmicky shakers around, sure they're cool but does it really matter how long you leave between mixing up a protein shake and actually drinking it?

Edit: Less about the actual shaker & more about the reason for one that separates powder/liquid... Will an extended period between making & drinking affect the quality of the protein / effect?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ellieee; 08-14-2011 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Clarification

spread5150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I find that a shaker bottle with just the lid on works great. no ball, no swirl tornado looking thing, no screen. just empty mixes stuff up real good.

Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ewalk91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think the time frame in which you drink it matters. I like regular shakers, or just a blender works.

FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50) FarazF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They recommend consuming your protein shake within 30minutes of mixing it... but i don't think it will affect the quality of the protein if you keep it for longer...Also i overheard from someone when i was in the supplement shop that the shakers with theseparatecompartments are a real pain because the powder gets stuck and you have to really clean it outevery time.

mayhem1605 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the cup that the op posted and it is about worthless if you plan on using any more than one scoop of powder, it only holds one scoop of ON whey. If you try to pack it down a little bit to get more in it the powder just clumps up on between the reservoir and the ring that it screws into. Not to mention all the different pieces make it a hassle to clean. I fought with it for a couple days and just bought the basic bb.com shaker. It's much better IMO.

c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's just like likepowderedmilk. probably good for a day or two, but make sure to refrigerate it.
    R.I.P. Zyzz. -The Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics, and My Inspiration.

bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000)
    It doesn't matter how long you wake between making the shake and drinking it. I bought this big 1 quart container with a lid on it. I make 2 shakes in one with it, 1st thing in the morning. Throw it in the fridge, drink half or 1 shake at 9am and the other half or shake 2 at 3pm. If you are just looking to use a shaker and not a blender, but are worried about clumps of powder that isn't mixing or sticking to the container. Then I would look into changing your protein powders. Some powders will not mix all the way with just a shaker. I'm using AAEFX NF Pro and have absolutely no problem with it mixing at all. Nothing sticks to my container. When I'm done with my shake I just simply rinse with water till I can get home and clean it for the next day.
    P/RR/S
    NGA Natural Pro Body Builder
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder(4/10/2010)
    NPC/NGA Competitor
    AAEFX Board Rep and Natural Freak

Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You could spoon mix it, blend it, etc. it won't really matter, the protein won't change, per se. The only thing that will matter is how the texture of the protein will be. The best way to get the most smooth texture from mixing protein is using a bottle. I have been using the blender bottle with the metal ball inside. I can mix 16oz milk w/ protein easily within 30 seconds. But it's all up to you on how you want to mix your protein.
    "Don't cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt, get a reward from it!" - Eric Thomas

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

ellieee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bgben View Post
    It doesn't matter how long you wait between making the shake and drinking it. I bought this big 1 quart container with a lid on it. I make 2 shakes in one with it, 1st thing in the morning. Throw it in the fridge, drink half or 1 shake at 9am and the other half or shake 2 at 3pm.
    Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for. I make mine before leaving in the morning, but usually don't drink it for a few hours. I hadn't thought of it as a problem until I saw those shakers & wondered why you would need to keep everything separated.

Originally Posted by Abednegro View Post
    You could spoon mix it, blend it, etc. it won't really matter, the protein won't change, per se. The only thing that will matter is how the texture of the protein will be. The best way to get the most smooth texture from mixing protein is using a bottle. I have been using the blender bottle with the metal ball inside. I can mix 16oz milk w/ protein easily within 30 seconds. But it's all up to you on how you want to mix your protein.
    I have one of those shakers too, it works well! Occasionally I'll use the blender for an extra creamy shake, but usually I can't be bothered.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help!

cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) cheechmonster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think your supposed to put the powder in the bottom with the water and then put the screen thing in to break up the clumps but i don't use it. i really don't suggest you make your shakes ahead of time because if you ever left a sip in the bottom of a shaker you would know how foul the protein can get.

neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000) neginfluence04 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ************************MISC Firearms Crew*************************
    ********************Official Misc Photography Crew********************