STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ghetto T-Bar Row Pivot from Home Depot

Posting this incase anyone is interested... I made one of these from parts I found in Home Depot. It wasn't exactly a piece of cake since you have to smash one of brackets straight with a sledgehammer but the final product works awesome and it was only $20-$25 in parts. I liked the look of the body solid one but I figured I could build one cheaper, stronger, and that would fit in a place where I really wanted to put it. I have brackets on each of my machines for mounting them to the floor so I figured I'd attach it to one of them and it worked out great. My Cybex Squat Press is where it ended up working out best for position.

You need to buy 3 of these brackets, they sell them in Home Depot in the isle with fence hinges I believe. They were $4.50 each and are really heavy duty gauge metal. I think they are really used for sliding 2x4's through to lock doors and such. You need to drill a hole in the center of each of the brackets... The hole at the bottom holds the device to your machine, the other 2 holes are so you can bolt the top "U" bracket to the bottom bracket so the thing can pivot around up, down, and 360. You can pretty much figure it out from looking at these pictures though... the bottom 2 brackets I bolted together using the holes that were already drilled in the brackets so that was easy. The hardest part of this whole thing is bending the 1 brackets arms straight on each side to form a big "U". Then you need to drill holes in the sides of the 2 inch pipe that you buy in the plumbing / gas pipe isle.

It's hard to explain but I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

Out and ready to use:

In it's stored position:

View from the top when in stored position:

View from the top when out and ready to use:

During my first workout, it makes life so much easier when the bar isn't trying to lift in the back
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #58 []---[]

pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good job on your homemade t bar row. I also have to go to home depot myself to do some changes on my rack.

nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nalkinburgh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice! I love this kind of stuff.
    Noah Alkinburgh - CF Level 1
    Christian's Fitness Factory
    www.cfffit.com www.alkinburgh.com
    Twitter: @CFFFit @nalkinburgh

lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50) lemieux66c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by STR8OUT View Post
    Posting this incase anyone is interested... I made one of these from parts I found in Home Depot. It wasn't exactly a piece of cake since you have to smash one of brackets straight with a sledgehammer but the final product works awesome and it was only $20-$25 in parts. I liked the look of the body solid one but I figured I could build one cheaper, stronger, and that would fit in a place where I really wanted to put it. I have brackets on each of my machines for mounting them to the floor so I figured I'd attach it to one of them and it worked out great. My Cybex Squat Press is where it ended up working out best for position.

You need to buy 3 of these brackets, they sell them in Home Depot in the isle with fence hinges I believe. They were $4.50 each and are really heavy duty gauge metal. I think they are really used for sliding 2x4's through to lock doors and such. You need to drill a hole in the center of each of the brackets... The hole at the bottom holds the device to your machine, the other 2 holes are so you can bolt the top "U" bracket to the bottom bracket so the thing can pivot around up, down, and 360. You can pretty much figure it out from looking at these pictures though... the bottom 2 brackets I bolted together using the holes that were already drilled in the brackets so that was easy. The hardest part of this whole thing is bending the 1 brackets arms straight on each side to form a big "U". Then you need to drill holes in the sides of the 2 inch pipe that you buy in the plumbing / gas pipe isle.
    I appreciate you posting this. Seems like something that I should be able to do. I'll probably end up doing a pair of them.

Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice job dude!

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey thanks everyone, it's surprising how incredibly sturdy it is too. I think it's because of how thick the steel is and the big bolts and washers I used. For the top part that swivels, I used marine grease and a few washers between where they meet for smooth rotating action. Still its sturdy as crap.

Again the hardest part of this thing was bending the one bracket into a U shape. They are way too thick to do by hand with a vise. If you can find something else at Home Depot or Lowes that works then by all means post it. This is the best I could think of though.

muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50) muj will become famous soon enough. (+50)

http://www.home-gym-bodybuilding.com/homemade-t-bar-row.html

great job!

saw this one a while back - similar idea.

m

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pretty cool.

If you didn't mind drilling a 1/2" hole into your bench tubing you could've done something like I did with my rack.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...c/2967761e.jpg
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by muj View Post
    great job!

saw this one a while back - similar idea.

m
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Pretty cool.

If you didn't mind drilling a 1/2" hole into your bench tubing you could've done something like I did with my rack.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...c/2967761e.jpg

Hey guys, I saw those ideas but I wanted something that rotated 360 and went up and down... It's basically the same idea though, I just had to pay $15 more for those 3 brackets.

ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ufokillerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks great!, definitely looks sturdier then the one the body solid one i have

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome!

Dirlot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=STR8OUT;489010371]

It's hard to explain but I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

Hi really interested in making one of these but your images are not showing...any chance you could repost?
    Thanks

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by STR8OUT View Post
    It wasn't exactly a piece of cake since you have to smash one of brackets straight with a sledgehammer but the final product works awesome and it was only $20-$25 in parts.
    u can buy them for like $25 ready-made.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PORTABLE-...item45fd925267
    this one from australia but im sure u can get them in u.s. as well
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.