Nach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just got back from the doc, bad news and good news

My entire adult life I have been a gym rat. I grew up very unathletic, skinnyfat and lanky. I currently weigh 180 lbs at 5'10'' with a narrow frame and I finally decided to go to the doc. The bad news is that I have low T; 25 years old, 240 T, the good news is that its curable.

So now that I am about to be chock full of manliness, what should I expect? Has anyone else been through this and seen a change in their body? What is the best kind of advice to follow since I want to treat this like a fresh start. I would love to post more about myself, but I feel like most of this is going to change once I begin T replacement therapy.

Any help, advice, personal experience or positivity would be greatly appreciated.

panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what kind of treatment are you going to do? and do you just go to your doctor and say you want to get your testosterone levels checked? i think i might be low too and might make an appointment

TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000) TylerP4 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So your doctor is gonna inject you with testosterone? If so that's awesome. I had a friend who was really short and never really grew, so his doctor gave him HGH to help him get going, and he grew...

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nach View Post
    My entire adult life I have been a gym rat. I grew up very unathletic, skinnyfat and lanky. I currently weigh 180 lbs at 5'10'' with a narrow frame and I finally decided to go to the doc. The bad news is that I have low T; 25 years old, 240 T, the good news is that its curable.

So now that I am about to be chock full of manliness, what should I expect? Has anyone else been through this and seen a change in their body? What is the best kind of advice to follow since I want to treat this like a fresh start. I would love to post more about myself, but I feel like most of this is going to change once I begin T replacement therapy.

Any help, advice, personal experience or positivity would be greatly appreciated.
    I honestly do not believe that you are 25, with a t count of 240, and your doc prescribed you TRT. Sorry but this sounds like BS or you got the worst doctor ever.
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**

Nach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    I honestly do not believe that you are 25, with a t count of 240, and your doc prescribed you TRT. Sorry but this sounds like BS or you got the worst doctor ever.
    I dont get it, why does that seem so wierd?

He said I have low t, and he checked my pituitary (spelling?) and such, then decided that I would be going to get some shots.

Youre kind of scaring me

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nach View Post
    I dont get it, why does that seem so wierd?

He said I have low t, and he checked my pituitary (spelling?) and such, then decided that I would be going to get some shots.

Youre kind of scaring me
    I'm not trying to scare you bro, but there are many intermediate treatments that probably should be attempted before injecting (really, not even the patch?) Testosterone. I'm not going to go into the pros/cons and possible lifelong effects from doing this. If you want to go for it and your doc is gonna give it, then whatever it's your choice. But 240 is not a seriously low level and there are many over the counter and RX options, along with lifestyle changes, that could get you to a more normal range. Whether you know it or not, getting on hormone replacement is, usually, a lifelong commitment. You're basically telling your body, screw you, I don't want you making any stuff for me, and your body is going to not bother. Plus u gotta now RX with other stuff to control your estrogen levels properly. It's a whole big thing you're getting into by synthetically changing your body's endocrine system. Don't take it lightly.
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not trying to scare you bro, but there are many intermediate treatments that probably should be attempted before injecting (really, not even the patch?) Testosterone. I'm not going to go into the pros/cons and possible lifelong effects from doing this. If you want to go for it and your doc is gonna give it, then whatever it's your choice. But 240 is not a seriously low level and there are many over the counter and RX options, along with lifestyle changes, that could get you to a more normal range. Whether you know it or not, getting on hormone replacement is, usually, a lifelong commitment. You're basically telling your body, screw you, I don't want you making any stuff for me, and your body is going to not bother. Plus u gotta now RX with other stuff to control your estrogen levels properly. It's a whole big thing you're getting into by synthetically changing your body's endocrine system. Don't take it lightly.
    This. Once you start, your natural T will eventually shut down and you'll never be able to get off the meds.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

Originally Posted by IamJonsCranium View Post
    This. Once you start, your natural T will eventually shut down and you'll never be able to get off the meds.
    Also, a side of this is probably gonna be really shrunken balls. Don't know how noticeable that would be when you're banging a chick but esp if she's doing oral it could be embarrassing. Just saying bro, assess all the options here before killing your free test production. I have heard that after test therapy, your body can get back to producing normal levels (like 3-6 months later). But the longer you do it, my guess is that the worse the sides will be.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happened to me. No PH/AAS history or anything close. 21 years old, been on for 6ish months and now I'm finally at the sweet spot feeling like a million bucks. I feel exceptional, and my repeated followup labs confirm that I am in good physical health.

The increase in quality of life has been incredible. The lifelong dependency was a small price to pay. That being said, in my case there were no real alternatives (pituitary gland damage).

FYI the patch, gel, pellet implants, and injections are all deliver the same drug to the body.
    The daily gel/patch allows for a more physiologic release of test which will correlate to mood and stability of other hormone leves, but is expensive and a PITA.
    Injections are tried and true, dirt cheap, predictable, and convenient. However, the initial peak and eventual decline can be a nightmare if your doc is an idiot and prescribes anything more infrequent than weekly injections of cyp/enan.

The LabCorp range for total T is roughly 280-1000 IIRC. 240 is low, and should be reason for concern if he is suffering from symptoms. While the low level may not be the cause of whatever symptoms OP is feeling, it is a definitely possibility.

If his problem is with his testes or pituitary gland, there is little chance that anything OTC will help. That being said, there are about a million things that can be changed in regards to lifestyle that may help, if they are causing the low level to begin with.

I am on 100mg/Cyp weekly and do not need an aromatase inhibitor. The need is dictated by each patient's individual response.

Also, a side of this is probably gonna be really shrunken balls. Don't know how noticeable that would be when you're banging a chick but esp if she's doing oral it could be embarrassing. Just saying bro, assess all the options here before killing your free test production. I have heard that after test therapy, your body can get back to producing normal levels (like 3-6 months later). But the longer you do it, my guess is that the worse the sides will be.
    It's more embarrassing not being able to stay hard, or not being turned on at all by a chic riding up on you.
    hCG is an option to keep the boys healthy and swinging that should be brought up at least in discussion with your doc during your TRT regimen.

OP, low T blows. TRT blows too, but if that's your only option take it. That being said, explore alternatives first. Be sure you understand exactly what implications TRT has as a lifelong medication (IE: finance, literal dependency, sperm health, lipid and RBC impact, etc)
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Really, 21 and you're getting prescribed this? I am astonished at Doctor's that would do this. What were you levels beforehand? And what kind of doctor prescribed this for you? What were your symptoms post-injections?

heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000) heroxyouxhate is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm younger than you guys and I got my testosterone tested for the first time like 2 months ago and it was 162. Then again about 2 weeks ago and it was 200 and my fukken doc said that's fine.

Originally Posted by FunkymonkAW View Post
    Happened to me. No PH/AAS history or anything close. 21 years old, been on for 6ish months and now I'm finally at the sweet spot feeling like a million bucks. I feel exceptional, and my repeated followup labs confirm that I am in good physical health.

The increase in quality of life has been incredible. The lifelong dependency was a small price to pay. That being said, in my case there were no real alternatives (pituitary gland damage).

FYI the patch, gel, pellet implants, and injections are all deliver the same drug to the body.
    The daily gel/patch allows for a more physiologic release of test which will correlate to mood and stability of other hormone leves, but is expensive and a PITA.
    Injections are tried and true, dirt cheap, predictable, and convenient. However, the initial peak and eventual decline can be a nightmare if your doc is an idiot and prescribes anything more infrequent than weekly injections of cyp/enan.

The LabCorp range for total T is roughly 280-1000 IIRC. 240 is low, and should be reason for concern if he is suffering from symptoms. While the low level may not be the cause of whatever symptoms OP is feeling, it is a definitely possibility.

If his problem is with his testes or pituitary gland, there is little chance that anything OTC will help. That being said, there are about a million things that can be changed in regards to lifestyle that may help, if they are causing the low level to begin with.

I am on 100mg/Cyp weekly and do not need an aromatase inhibitor. The need is dictated by each patient's individual response.

It's more embarrassing not being able to stay hard, or not being turned on at all by a chic riding up on you.
    hCG is an option to keep the boys healthy and swinging that should be brought up at least in discussion with your doc during your TRT regimen.

OP, low T blows. TRT blows too, but if that's your only option take it. That being said, explore alternatives first. Be sure you understand exactly what implications TRT has as a lifelong medication (IE: finance, literal dependency, sperm health, lipid and RBC impact, etc)
    Thanks for the advice, I had three checks of my t level prior and they average low for my age. Symptoms included not being aroused by anything (ever go soft during masturbation?) Constant moodyness, cant put on muscle at a normal rate, despite the fact that I eat a very clean and protein rich diet (180 lbs, 360 grams per day, 4000kcal based on the 2x a week cardio 4x a week workout, no i dont skip on squats, o-presses or m-presses.). My doc said that I am well below where I should be and NOTHING I can do will remedy the situation except treatment. He said that at my age, hypergonadism is irregular and isnt something that just goes away on its own.

cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    While trt is a life long thing at the moment don't expect this to always be the case. Gene therapy is doing remarkable things. I see no reason this problem could not be remedied at some point in the next 10-20 years.Yes that's a long time. But it's not a life time. Gotta love modern science