Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

FAQ: All Pro's Simple Beginner's Routine

Put together with input from MatTheCur and all pro himself. Hopefully effective enough to reduce even 50% of the redundant questions that plague each and every page of the main thread.

Q: Is this routine more for cutting or bulking?
    A: Both. Weight gain or weight loss is diet. The routine is very forgiving on reduced calories. If you eat enough to gain weight you will gain size (all diet info:*http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981).

Q: Is this routine for size or strength?
    A: Both. It will split the gains pretty evenly for most people.

Q: Why is it considered a “beginner” routine?
    A: Because the weight/reps increase too quickly for someone who has trained CORRECTLY for an extended period of time.

Q: How do I select my starting weights for this routine?
    A: You will use your 10 rep max for each exercise. To determine your 10 rep maxes, go to the gym one day (at least 2 days BEFORE starting the routine), and perform one set of each exercise until failure (as many reps as you can do with good form). Try and pick a weight that will bring you to failure at around 10 reps (for a more accurate calculation). Take note of the weight you used and how many reps took you to failure and then plug them in to this calculator (http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator), this will give you your 10 rep max (your weights cycle 1).

Q: How many of the exercises require warm up sets?
    A: Only the first 3 (Squats, Bench Press, Bent Over Rows) require the 2 warm up sets. Perform only the 2 work sets for the remaining 4 exercises (OHP, SLDL, Curls, Calf Raises).

Q: I don’t understand how much weight I should be using on the warm up sets, please give an example.
    A: If your work set weight is 200 lb. for squats then you will do one set at 50 lb. (25%), one set at 100lb. (50%), and then two work sets at 200 lb. (100%).

Q: What if 25% or 50% of my work set weight is less than the 45 lb. barbell?
    A: You have two options: you can just use the barbell if the weight you need to use is close enough to the weight of the barbell (ie. 35-40 lb.) OR you may use dumbells if the weight is significantly less (ie. 20 lb. in which case you would use two 10 lb. dumbells).

Q: What about cardio and abs?
    A: If you want to do cardio, 20 minutes of HIIT is recommended on off days (2-3x a week). As far as abs go, you may either do them on off days with cardio or on workout days AFTER the routine. Weighted decline situps, weighted knee raises, and plate twist are recommended. Personally I do weighed decline situps after my heavy workout, knee raises after my medium, and plate twist after my light (2 sets of each, incrementing reps with the program except from 12-16 instead of 8-12; add weight if you get 2x16 on week 5).

Q: I only have time for 2 workouts a week, what do I do?
    A: If your schedule only allows you to get to the gym twice a week, then you should do 2 heavy days a week (separated by at least 2 rest days). However, doing this will impede recovery while also reducing overall volume, so it is not IDEAL.

Q: I don’t have access to a barbell, can I use dumbells for this routine?
    A: Yes you can, although it is far from ideal. This routine was designed to use barbells for a reason. It will be hard to perform heavier weights with dumbells and/or even find heavy enough dumbells for some of the exercises.*

Q: Can I add/replace/modify any of the exercises in this routine OR can I change it to a lower/higher rep range or fukc with anything else?
    A: NOPE. This routine was built as is for a reason, all body parts will be worked sufficiently. Of course, no one is stopping you, but don’t expect ANY help/advice.

Q: What do I do at the end of the cycle?
    A: If you completed all 12 reps with good form on week 5 heavy day, then you get to add 10% for the next cycle (where you start over with this new weight, on week 1 with 8 reps). If you fail anything, then you repeat the weight for that exercise next cycle.

Q: What if I fail the reps before week 5?
    A: If you fail the reps on any other workout you still continue the routine without changing ANYTHING, week 5 heavy day is the only day that matters when it comes to increasing the weights you’re using.

Q: When I am ready to progress onto a different routine/when am I no longer a ‘beginner’?
    A: When your progress has stalled or you are bored of this one (generally 6 months-1 year+).
    Last edited by dcdlm; 08-13-2011 at 06:45 AM.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This program has not only showed me results faster than my personal made-up routines, but taught me about recovery, deload, and weight/rep progression.
    Thanks to AllPro and everyone involved in these massive threads for putting me on the right track.

woodard2589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What makes using dumbells less than ideal? If i use them for overhead press, curl and rows, is there still a downside to them? my gym only has one barbell in the power rack besides the ez curl bar which i don't really like.

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by woodard2589 View Post
    What makes using dumbells less than ideal? If i use them for overhead press, curl and rows, is there still a downside to them? my gym only has one barbell in the power rack besides the ez curl bar which i don't really like.
    1. When you get to heavier weights, you won't be able to grip them properly.

2. They don't work balance as much as a barbell does.

3. The exercises, while possible to do with dumbbells, are more suited to barbells in this routine.
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    AP>>>>>>>>SS Stalled on SS multiple times.

phantomzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phantomzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great new thread with many of the common questions answered! Great job!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137125273&pagenumber=

xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks like you covered most, if not all, of the common questions that are repeatedly asked. Good job

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dcdlm View Post
    and all pro himself.
    lolz

Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Q: Can I add/replace/modify any of the exercises in this routine OR can I change it to a lower/higher rep range or fukc with anything else?
    A: NOPE. This routine was built as is for a reason, all body parts will be worked sufficiently. Of course, no one is stopping you, but don’t expect ANY help/advice.
    Really?

Originally Posted by BOLT.
    I like it except if I were to follow it I'd lower the rep ranges a lot. I'd probably start at 4-5 then work up from there.
    Originally Posted by all pro
    You could start with any thing you wanted to and end it anywhere you wanted to. I just chose to keep it in a range that would split the difference between size and strength for the majority. And be appropriate for ALL of the exercises. I don't think 3 rep calve press's would be very productive or 20 rep bench press's.

aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a question regarding the implemented deload when applying it to the calf raises and the curls. I wanted to do dumbbell curls instead of BB curls because my right arm is at least an inch bigger than my left arm. The problem is if I do curls with 25lb dumbbells (that's my 10 rep max) and need to reduce the weight 10% for the medium day it should be 22.5 lb but I only have acces to 20lbs and then for the light day I should reduce the weight 20% coming down to 20lb. So what should I do about it? Should both my medium and light day be 20 lbs?
    For calf raises I use a standing calf raise machine but the problem is the weight increments in 15 pounds at a time. I'm doing 85lbs and if I wanted to reduce the weight 10% and then 20% it would have to be 75.5lb and then 68, but the machine would have to go down to 70lb. What should I do about this?

I'm also planning on adding weighted swiss ball crunches after the workout should I also implement a deload in them too?

Would it be ok to warm up for bent over rows with dumbbell rows? And for squats would i be ok to warm up with goblet squats?

aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump

JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you continue with your medium and light days on week 5?

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yes. What were you planning to do?

JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDMbarista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Yes. What were you planning to do?
    Um... what do you mean?

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JDMbarista View Post
    Um... what do you mean?
    Why wouldn't you continue with the medium and light day in week 5? What would you do the rest of the week? Were you planning on starting your next cycle midweek or taking the rest of the week off?

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Why wouldn't you continue with the medium and light day in week 5? What would you do the rest of the week? Were you planning on starting your next cycle midweek or taking the rest of the week off?
    I just thought you would use the rest of the week like a de-loading period or something...

Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JDMbarista View Post
    I just thought you would use the rest of the week like a de-loading period or something...
    a) You're already varying the intensity, including the medium and light workouts of the fifth week, so the accumulated fatigue isn't very much
    b) When you drop back down to 8 reps in the next cycle, that also is supposed to be like a deload. So there's a lot of built-in deloading. The need for several consecutive off days will not come-up very often in this program.

kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did this routine for about 3 cycles, did SS for about 1.5 months, then I got the workout-routine-ADD. I tried bunch of other stuff for 6 months and I'm not even sure if I'm beginner or intermediate. I went from 260lbs super fatty to 200 lbs flabby/weakling (for someone my size) during the past 1 year but honestly, I don't even know what routine works best for me because I lost the weight mostly due to just busting my ass off in the gym doing some sort of routine and eating less than my maintenance.

Here is my stats:

6'1, 200 lbs, 23% BF (pretty damn high still, hence, very flabby underneath the clothes), former fatty (260lbs at my heaviest) who is still really flabby and fat and rather week for the amount of time I put in at the gym. I blame the not-enough-eating-syndrome but I'm trying to cut more BF. If I got naked (no homo lol), you wouldn't even think I really lift because I'm that flabby.

My lifts are (all to failure, from last week's sessions):
    BB Row (45 degree version pulling to lower abs): 160x6
    BB Bench: 155x6
    Deep Bodyweight chest dips: 3 reps (I can do about 10 tricep dips if I were to do them before ANY exercise lol). I do my dips/pull-ups towards the end of my routines so I don't know my true maxes if I were to do them in a fresh state.
    Still 1 bodyweight BARELY pull-up
    Squat (slightly below parallel but not FULL FULL squat where ham and calves touch): 235x5
    Rack Dead from below knee (never done real deadlifts): 275x6

My question is, would you guys still recommend this routine for me? I liked it for the 3 cycles except that it got boring real quick. I was able to pretty much do everything at the gym blind-folded because I did the exact exercise in exact same order in exact same stations everytime lol. Or should I do some sort of upper/lower like Lyle McDonald's?

Also, it was my understanding that once you go through the program, the 1st week is the deload week, 2nd week is the same as your last 12-rep week, and week 3,4,5 (10,11,12 rep) weeks are where you make progression. How would this change if I increased the weight by 5% instead of 10%?
    Last edited by kc0716; 08-16-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by aalexcp View Post
    What should I do about this? I'm also planning on adding weighted swiss ball crunches after the workout should I also implement a deload in them too? Would it be ok to warm up for bent over rows with dumbbell rows? And for squats would i be ok to warm up with goblet squats?
    Originally Posted by aalexcp View Post
    bump
    What is it about the program that leads you to believe it's good one to follow?

After answering that question, examine the availability of your equipment, along with a thorough analysis of your goals.

Having completed those initial steps you will be well on your way to designing a carryover and reconciliation of the main tenants and overall theme identified earlier that make program suitable and desirable to you, into a program that can accomplished given your current equipment availability, while addressing your specific and personal goals.

SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A: Only the first 3 (Squats, Bench Press, Bent Over Rows) require the 2 warm up sets. Perform only the 2 work sets for the remaining 4 exercises (OHP, SLDL, Curls, Calf Raises).
    First off, thank you gentlemen. Very helpful thread..

So (just to confirm) for the overhead barbell press, stiff legged deadlifts, barbell curls, and calf raises only 2 sets need be completed in the 8-12rep range, but 4 total sets if you still feel inclined to warm-up on every exercise?

Also, whats a good starting weight for calf raises, or just no weight?

dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SheHadMANHands View Post
    First off, thank you gentlemen. Very helpful thread..

So (just to confirm) for the overhead barbell press, stiff legged deadlifts, barbell curls, and calf raises only 2 sets need be completed in the 8-12rep range, but 4 total sets if you still feel inclined to warm-up on every exercise?

Also, whats a good starting weight for calf raises, or just no weight?
    correct, but you should be fully warmed up by the fourth exercise at which point warm up sets could potentially needlessly tire you out (hurt performance of the last four exercises).

And I personally calf raise the same amount I squat, but youll have to test and see for yourself (on the day you go to test your maxes for ALL the lifts).
    YouTube.com/howtobeast | IG: @howtobeast | Blog: howtobeast.com

SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great, thank you dcdlm.

Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi dcdlm, first of all thanks for clearing it up . About the abs exercises, i think i am going to do it the way u described it after the training, i only dont know with which weight i should start with, do i find out with the 10rep max? And the weighted knee raises, do u have any link that shows the right way to do it? I found a bunch but dont know which one u mean.

Thanks in advance mayne .

Originally Posted by Basslover View Post
    Hi dcdlm, first of all thanks for clearing it up . About the abs exercises, i think i am going to do it the way u described it after the training, i only dont know with which weight i should start with, do i find out with the 10rep max? And the weighted knee raises, do u have any link that shows the right way to do it? I found a bunch but dont know which one u mean.

Thanks in advance mayne .
    I dont have a link for weighted knee raise but all i do is hold a dumbell in between my feet and raise my knees up to waist level or so. I started with 15lb and am now using a 20lb, id say go light and use a 10lb dumbell to test out your max and then plug it in to the calculator like with any other exercise to find your 10rm then round it down to the nearest 5lb increment so you have a dumbell to use.
    YouTube.com/howtobeast | IG: @howtobeast | Blog: howtobeast.com

Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont have a link for weighted knee raise but all i do is hold a dumbell in between my feet and raise my knees up to waist level or so. I started with 15lb and am now using a 20lb, id say go light and use a 10lb dumbell to test out your max and then plug it in to the calculator like with any other exercise to find your 10rm then round it down to the nearest 5lb increment so you have a dumbell to use.
    So for all the 3 exercises i use dumbbels? No plates for decline situp?

derpin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, I'm going to be starting this program this week but I'm a bit confused about how many sets I should be doing. In the OG thread it said 4 sets of each exercise, but in here it says 4(2 warm-up) for the first 3 exercise, then only 2 for the remaining 4 exercises, is this correct?

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by derpin View Post
    Hello, I'm going to be starting this program this week but I'm a bit confused about how many sets I should be doing. In the OG thread it said 4 sets of each exercise, but in here it says 4(2 warm-up) for the first 3 exercise, then only 2 for the remaining 4 exercises, is this correct?
    AllPro stated in the massive 1st thread that he wrote the program with warm ups for all exercises so the program would be easier to read. But they are warm ups and you should be well warmed up by the 4th exercise. If not, do warm ups for oh press too.

BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm going to determine my 10RMs today but have never done a stiff-legged deadlift. I'm a little unsure of how much I should start with in relation to a standard deadlift, since the mechanics differ between the two. About half? If I can deadlift 315 for 10 reps, does that mean I can probably expect my 10RM for the stiff-legged version to be around 160? I just don't want to start out too high and hurt myself, or start out too low and wear myself out trying to move up the weight.
    Sgt, USMC

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm coming back from a month or so lay off. I'm using something similar to AllPro's template, but with a faster progression. You can check out my journal if you'd like (I've gotta get it caught up today).

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136790711
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

Angershark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    For the plate twists, do we do the twists with the weight held out in front of your body, or with the weight on the chest?