Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Deco354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    I truly only see one problem here: you started with too much weight.
    Easy fix. Either use a rep calculator and figure out your new starting weight, or actually spend a day at the gym finding your 10 rep max. Then take 2 or 3 days off and start the program fresh.

This program is a less aggressive than starting strength so you should be able to ease into it well. Also, a lot of people have labor intensive jobs or do cardio on their off days so standing shouldn't be a problem at all.
    You didn't mention diet. Calorie deficit or surplus? This program can be pretty forgiving on a cut but you will obviously make the best progress on a bulk.

So retest for your 10 rep max and go
    Thanks I'll alter my weights for next week and get started. My Starting strength 5rep maxs should still be the same I'll just throw them in the calculater.

LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by aalexcp View Post
    I have a question regarding the implemented deload when applying it to the calf raises and the curls. I wanted to do dumbbell curls instead of BB curls because my right arm is at least an inch bigger than my left arm. The problem is if I do curls with 25lb dumbbells (that's my 10 rep max) and need to reduce the weight 10% for the medium day it should be 22.5 lb but I only have acces to 20lbs and then for the light day I should reduce the weight 20% coming down to 20lb. So what should I do about it?
    Use use 2lb wrist weights to give you the weights between the two dumbbells.

LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100) LaLegende is not very well liked. (-100)
    Can i use incline instead of flat bench ? And ham glute raises instead of Stiff deads?

Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just started the All pro routine today, moved from the 5 x 5's which i have been doing for 4 months.
    One thing i am not sure about with this routine is: When you do the medium and light stage through the week, does the warm up weight stay the same through the week and only the 2 work sets reduce by 10% and 20%, or do the warm up weights reduce by 10 and 20% as well, the reason i ask is, i have looked at some spreadsheets to work out the weight reduction through the week and the ones i have seen reduce the warm ups as well, but looking at the original page for the routine I am sure it is only the 2 work sets that are reduced, any thoughts?

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Highlander2012 View Post
    Just started the All pro routine today, moved from the 5 x 5's which i have been doing for 4 months.
    One thing i am not sure about with this routine is: When you do the medium and light stage through the week, does the warm up weight stay the same through the week and only the 2 work sets reduce by 10% and 20%, or do the warm up weights reduce by 10 and 20% as well, the reason i ask is, i have looked at some spreadsheets to work out the weight reduction through the week and the ones i have seen reduce the warm ups as well, but looking at the original page for the routine I am sure it is only the 2 work sets that are reduced, any thoughts?
    Same weight for warm ups for the three days. Only reduce for the work sets. Keeps it simple.

Ps you can post your questions in the sticky thread if you have any.

Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    Same weight for warm ups for the three days. Only reduce for the work sets. Keeps it simple.

Ps you can post your questions in the sticky thread if you have any.
    Thanks! Most appreciated! Thats what I thought, but wanted it confirmed, Don't want to start out wrong right from the beginning.

Thanks! Most appreciated! Thats what I thought, but wanted it confirmed, Don't want to start out wrong right from the beginning.
    I know this is possibly an obvious answer, but I notice at the beginning of this forum, It mentions that to get your starting weight that you should find out what your weight is for your 10 rep max, but this program starts at 8 reps, so wouldn't you calculate your 8 rep max? In other words, if i can manage 8 reps with 46kg on a bench press, should this be my starting weight?

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know this is possibly an obvious answer, but I notice at the beginning of this forum, It mentions that to get your starting weight that you should find out what your weight is for your 10 rep max, but this program starts at 8 reps, so wouldn't you calculate your 8 rep max? In other words, if i can manage 8 reps with 46kg on a bench press, should this be my starting weight?
    Your 10 rep max is for one set. It is unlikely you would be able to complete a second set of your 10 rep max weight. The first two weeks are developing your strength and endurance to allow you to complete a second set of your 10 rep max weight and then progressing on to 11 and 12 reps.

If you started at your 8 rep max you would struggle badly and would prob make no progress in the first cycle.

Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    Your 10 rep max is for one set. It is unlikely you would be able to complete a second set of your 10 rep max weight. The first two weeks are developing your strength and endurance to allow you to complete a second set of your 10 rep max weight and then progressing on to 11 and 12 reps.

If you started at your 8 rep max you would struggle badly and would prob make no progress in the first cycle.
    Point taken! Thanks

lastone4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

tiny forearms

I have tiny forearms that I really need to get them big fast..does all pro's routine target the forearms? Should I add a forearm specialization routine on the light day of the week since I will be getting 2 days rest before my heavy day?

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lastone4321 View Post
    I have tiny forearms that I really need to get them big fast..does all pro's routine target the forearms? Should I add a forearm specialization routine on the light day of the week since I will be getting 2 days rest before my heavy day?
    Curls, Bent over rows, Bench Press, OHP and SLDL will all work your forearms plenty. If you start adding things in, these lifts will suffer.

YoMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The routine looks solid, all the reviews are great. But i have to ask something. I did the first day of the routine. I executed the exercises in proper form. I managed to be in the 8 reps range with the last rep always being hard to perform. Still i didn't feel very sore the next day. So are 2 work sets realy enough? Is it that i will feel the maximum soreness on the 3rd workout day of the week (since i'll be training the same muscles 3 times a week)? Thanks and good luck to your goals

Originally Posted by YoMaverick View Post
    The routine looks solid, all the reviews are great. But i have to ask something. I did the first day of the routine. I executed the exercises in proper form. I managed to be in the 8 reps range with the last rep always being hard to perform. Still i didn't feel very sore the next day. So are 2 work sets realy enough? Is it that i will feel the maximum soreness on the 3rd workout day of the week (since i'll be training the same muscles 3 times a week)? Thanks and good luck to your goals
    Your question has been answered in the sticky thread where you posted the question.

riftek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this question.

If I do my work days as mon,wed,fri - does that mean I take Sat & Sun off, or do I then start the next work day (heavy day) on Sunday, and continue this routine every other day with only 1 rest day in between.

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by riftek View Post
    Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this question.

If I do my work days as mon,wed,fri - does that mean I take Sat & Sun off, or do I then start the next work day (heavy day) on Sunday, and continue this routine every other day with only 1 rest day in between.
    always 2 days off
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thinking of picking this program up after 3.5 months of strong lifts as I'm interested in getting into hypertrophy. Is this program a good fit given where I'm at and that my goals are aesthetic?

dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aceedkins View Post
    Thinking of picking this program up after 3.5 months of strong lifts as I'm interested in getting into hypertrophy. Is this program a good fit given where I'm at and that my goals are aesthetic?
    Yes. Although it wouldn't hurt to stick with stronglifts a bit longer. I think 6 months is a goof minimum period of time to stick with a routine to really give it time to make good progress.
    YouTube.com/howtobeast | IG: @howtobeast | Blog: howtobeast.com

zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can I get a small clarification, please?

Am I right in thinking:

The first 3 exercises consist of 4 sets, including the 2 warm-up sets?

The remaining 4 exercises you only ever do 2 working sets?

*edit: found answer: All Pro's is 2 work reps for all exercises*
    Last edited by zodzod; 05-03-2013 at 12:02 AM.

anonymous
    What routine is this about?

EDIT: found it

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zodzod View Post
    Can I get a small clarification, please?

Am I right in thinking:

The first 3 exercises consist of 4 sets, including the 2 warm-up sets?

The remaining 4 exercises you only ever do 2 working sets?

eg.

Squats 4x8 (inc. 2 warm-up sets)
    Bench Presses 4x8 (inc. 2 warm-up sets)
    Bent-Over Rows 4x8 (inc. 2 warm-up sets)

Overhead Barbell Presses 2x8
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 2x8
    Barbell Curls 2x8
    Calf Raises 2x8

Is this correct?

Thanks

ps. Some posts say do only 2 sets on the OHP, SLDL, BC and CR, but in All Pro's original thread he says:

"The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps."
    Yes warm up sets (2) are required for 1st 3 exercises, the rest are up to you.

Do all squat warm ups and work sets then bench etc.... finish each exercise and do them in the order written.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    *ignore*
    Last edited by zodzod; 05-03-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Funsocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to start doing this finally next week after getting round to start going gym.

Now, im really confused about the sets some people are saying its 4x8 then 4x9 ect ect over the weeks. But is it only 4 sets in total (including the warmups at 25% and 50% weight) for the first 3 exercises ( squats BP and BOR), or is it the 2 warmup sets then 4 sets, which would be 6 in total

And then is it only 2 sets for the rest or is it 4 ( Overhead press, stiff leg deadlifts, barbell curls and calf raises)?

And is this a 6 day rotation or a 7 day rotation routine?

i.e Work Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then have 2 days off and start Monday again or is it

Monday, Wednesday and Friday then start on Sunday

Sorry if ive asked a previously answered question

bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Funsocks View Post
    I'm going to start doing this finally next week after getting round to start going gym.

Now, im really confused about the sets some people are saying its 4x8 then 4x9 ect ect over the weeks. But is it only 4 sets in total (including the warmups at 25% and 50% weight) for the first 3 exercises ( squats BP and BOR), or is it the 2 warmup sets then 4 sets, which would be 6 in total

And then is it only 2 sets for the rest or is it 4 ( Overhead press, stiff leg deadlifts, barbell curls and calf raises)?

And is this a 6 day rotation or a 7 day rotation routine?

i.e Work Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then have 2 days off and start Monday again or is it

Monday, Wednesday and Friday then start on Sunday

Sorry if ive asked a previously answered question
    FAQ
    Question 1: So how many sets am I doing exactly?
    Answer: You are doing exactly 2 work-sets for each exercise. In addition, you are doing 2 warm-up sets for the first three exercises only (Squats, Bench Press and Bent Over Rows) - the remaining four exercises do not require warm-ups, however you can do them if you feel the need to. Here is a blue-print for all the sets you should be doing, in that order:

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set
    Typically people do it M-W-F, but its whatever fits in your schedule. You just need 2 days rest before heavy day, and a day in between heavy-med-light.
    March '12 - June '12 Cut
    Total loss: 24.6 lbs

June '12 - Dec '12 Bulk
    Total gain: 15 lbs

Dec '12 - Feb '13 Cut
    Total loss: 17 lbs

Feb '13 - ? Bulk

myfitnesspal: ssfong

Mart3350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has anyone had any success going a third work set with some of the exercises one wants to focus on (such as Bench)?

Fragger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Going from a bulk to a cut, how do the All Pro principles change?

Hello Friends,

Going from a bulk to a cut phase. Used AllPro while on a 15 to 20% caloric surplus, now I need to lose fat a bit...

Just wondering if AllPro is indeed the best routine to use to lose fat or can I benefit from a better program?

If AllPro is still the answer, with let's say a 500 calorie deficit (for a pound a week loss), I need to understand how the "Progressive Overload" principles of AP will be changed at all? The reason why I ask is simple... Even with the calorie surplus, with plenty of carbs in me, the lifts on my Heavy days are challenging (which is good, cause we need that progressive tension), but I wonder, how will I able to maintain or *gain my lifts, with a calorie deficit?

Therefore, can someone help me and tell me if this is the right routine to follow for fat burn, and if so, maybe share their results and experiences on what to expect and how to alter the principles at all, while being on a Calorie deficit?

Thank you so much for your help!

CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100) CptJinx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Q: What if I fail the reps before week 5?
    A: If you fail the reps on any other workout you still continue the routine without changing ANYTHING, week 5 heavy day is the only day that matters when it comes to increasing the weights you’re using.
    I didn't understand this, can anyone please explain?
    [i]Sorry for my bad English [/i]

Registered User firestarter2472's Avatar
    firestarter2472 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry if I missed this info I seem to have read hundreds of pages but I'm about to start this tomorrow but have one thing I can't find info on, I know the rest between warm ups is 60 seconds and between work sets is 90 seconds but what is the time between different exercises, ie finish second work set squat how long before I start bench. Is there a set time or is it when you feel ready for the new exercise. Thanks

Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Karinasalas95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Would it be bad to do this routine every day? Or should I give my body that day of recovery as I workout on and off? One day yes and one day recovery then repeat

FrankTNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat/Calve Reps

I've read that a higher rep range for squat and calves is more productive. Would I hinder my progress with this workout program if I work with my 15RM rather than my 10RM for my squat and calves? Thanks.