Treezy68W has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why am I getting more flabby!?

hi I've been on All-Pro's beginner routine for a month now and calculated my macros and have been trying to eat accordingly.

It seems however I am even fatter and weigh more now. My strength has increased but so has my fat..... I need help badly

I'm 5' 11" weigh in at 225lbs male

approx 28% bf

macros:200g protein, 150g carbs 75g of fat (approx) i usually zig-zag my calories by about 200-300 a day 2 low days to 5 high days (when i zig-zag I usually mess around with my carbs then fats and lastly protein if needed)

I also do 20-30 mins on the elliptical at a medium pace and level 5-6 days a week

honestly I'm kinda baffled at the fact that I have gained weight and flabbyness (note that I don't get my macros from gummy bears or fruit pies or anything like that. I try to eat cleaner and healther foods).

side question I know tuna in large amounts is very detrimental for you can anyone suggest a cheap alternative? please and thank you.
    If it were easy everyone would do it.

If a job is once begun never leave a job undone. Be it big or be it small do it well or not at all.

Whatever doesn't kill you..... does just that

If I literally fell off the horse as many times as I fell off metaphorically I'd be a paraplegic

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Your either loosing muscle, or gaining to much fat
    2. "clean foods" don't equal more muscle gain or more fat loss
    3. Canned chicken, bulk ground beef, i read an article in chemistry saying no more than 3-4 tins of tuna a week.

mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcspam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if your not losing weight your eating too much. Most likely culprit is you arent measuring your food accurately and are eating more calories than you think. Calorie deficit = weight loss, calorie surplus = weight gain.
    May 4, 09 - 346 lbs
    June 23, 09 - 324 lbs
    Nov 3, 09 - 293 lbs
    Jan 26, 10 - 269 lbs
    May 18, 10 - 240 lbs
    Sep 8, 10 - 207 lbs
    Sep 28,10 - 199 lbs

so everything else is correct except the portions you think? I usually try to measure everything by using a food scale measuring cups and adding up the servings.. I just don't know I'm a little confused I guess

If a job is once begun never leave a job undone. Be it big or be it small do it well or not at all.

If I literally fell off the horse as many times as I fell off metaphorically I'd be a paraplegic

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    5'10, 225 and not losing fat, relatively quickly means that you're eating too much. If you're maintaining that weight, you are eating in excess of 3000 calories a day.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2flare is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look buddy, you said the word "approximate" as to your fat intake.
    Trust me, you have no clue how "off" you are.

For example, if you ate 4 chicken legs today and you cut them yourself and you miscalculated the fats which you believed you completely removed that's AT LEAST 5grams each = extra 20grams.
    Now, the other foods with fat, imagine you undertimate that 70g but it was more like 85 that's =extra 15grams
    TOTAL extra from fat= 35grams X 9 = 315 calories which you could have hypothetically skipped... its just too easy to screw up.

And I haven't even explained the numerous ways you have probably miscalculated your carbohydrates!!!

Try OVERESTIMATING calories on everything you count since its impossible to be 100% exact.
    This can help greatly.

Oh and you weigh yourself after 2 weeks of PERFECT PERFECT discipline in calculating your calories and being below maintenance by around 500 calories. Again, no online calculator will tell you YOUR maintenance , only experience can tell you YOURS (dont rely on them too much but use as a starting point. After 2 weeks you evaluate if your "deficit" has been working for you but only WHEN you have had the discipline to count your calories and tried overestimating abit.

If weight doesn't drop... Then you drop cals some more until you are SURE what YOUR maintenance/deficit target is.

wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100)
    your probably eating too much. try to eat 6 times a day that are portions of meals each day and drink lots of water. Chewing gum will also help you eat less.

starting to make sense

hey thank you all for your replies it really did help me to kind of put all this newly acquired information into a lay-man's perspective.

everything I read so far seemed so complicated, but in reality it isn't.

I guess I just really need to catalog every little thing I do until it becomes second nature to me and then I'll probably start seeing the results after I tweak a few things here and there.