Thread: shrugs

BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100) BobsYourUncle is not very well liked. (-100)

shrugs

hi my traps are stubborn, would it be ok to do shrugs 3 days a week at the end of my routine with a 1 day gap between each time for one week, then alternate the next week to once a week and then alternate back to 3 days a week and so on and so on.

p.s i do rows deads etc etc so i am not looking for a bunch of advise telling me to do them I just want to know if I could risk over training them doing shrugs 3 days a week.*
    Last edited by BobsYourUncle; 08-07-2011 at 11:04 PM.

sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    hi my traps are stubborn, would it be ok to do shrugs 3 days a week at the end of my routine with a 1 day gap between each time for one week, then alternate the next week to once a week and then alternate back to 3 days a week and so on and so on.

p.s i do rows deads etc etc so i am not looking for a bunch of advise telling me to do them I just want to know if I could risk over training them doing shrugs 3 days a week.
    You want to make sure you get adequate time for your traps to recuperate.*

I would say instead of alternating 3 shrugs per week and 1 per week, just do 2/week every week. Shrugs on the first and last workout of the week. Assuming you take a 2 day rest between weeks, you are still getting the same number of shrugs in but your traps will have more time to recover before the next shrug day.

KoNgZiLLaHuLK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KoNgZiLLaHuLK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KoNgZiLLaHuLK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KoNgZiLLaHuLK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KoNgZiLLaHuLK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KoNgZiLLaHuLK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think you can do shrugs 3 times a week no problem.