Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

brandodemara is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No matter what, I cannot lose my lower belly fat and love handles

Ive been working out for months starting off with hardly a 2-pack. Now I think I've hit a stopping point. I have a six pack but the last two are barely visable due to fat and my obliques still have fat. IT may be extra skin, its hard to tell but all of my upper abs and most of the side abs are defined just the lower part of my belly will not go away. I eat healthy do alot of workouts dealing with obliques and lower abs, it just will not get defined. I have to be doing something right for my upper and side abs to be showing fine. any suggestions please...

Stats: 5'9", 173 lbs
    daavisonfire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit daavisonfire's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by brandodemara View Post
    Ive been working out for months starting off with hardly a 2-pack. Now I think I've hit a stopping point. I have a six pack but the last two are barely visable due to fat and my obliques still have fat. IT may be extra skin, its hard to tell but all of my upper abs and most of the side abs are defined just the lower part of my belly will not go away. I eat healthy do alot of workouts dealing with obliques and lower abs, it just will not get defined. I have to be doing something right for my upper and side abs to be showing fine. any suggestions please...
    Track your macros

Stats: 188 lbs
    BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BioPulse's BodySpace
    yup. Diet..
    Reminds me of all the fat people that say.."I tried everything and nothing works!". Not that you are fat, or victimizing yourself, but really, the missing part of the code, the sectret fromula is "proper diet".

Eating healthy has nothing to do with losing weight (burning fat).

Eating less than you need, or burning more than you consume (in calorie expendature). That is all there is to it. Simple math and very little else.

Sure, ther are plenty of small ways to dial it in (carb cycling, Keto, Meal timing, IF Clenbuteral and other drugs, but the base foundation, of any diet will always be the simple calories in, calories out model. Figure out your TDEE, weigh your food, track your calories at fitday.com and make sure you put less calories in your mouth, than your body needs to function.

Eat around 500 calories less than your body requires (according to TDEE) and stay with it. Once you stall, look at your adjusted TDEE for your new weight, Drop calories again and continue. Eventually you can do all those other nifty things like refeeds, and carb cycling, but until you get under.. 8% bf or so calories in, calories out is king!
    ANT
    Last edited by BioPulse; 08-10-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    First Ever IIFYM CALCULATOR = www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator

22 billion combinations of Oatmeal flavors MyOatmeal.com

Stats: 6'4", 205 lbs
    jaimeg123prmt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit jaimeg123prmt's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by BioPulse View Post
    yup. Diet.. Reminds me of all the fat people that say.."I tried everything and nothign works!". Not that you are fat, or victimizing yourself, but really, the missing part of the code, The sectret fromula it is diet.
    Eating healthy has nothing to do with losing weight.

Eating less than you need, you burning more than you consume. That is all there is to it. Sure, ther are plenty of small ways to dial it in (carb cycling, Keto, Meal timing, IF Clenbuteral and other drugs, but the base foundation, of any diet will always be the simple calories in, calories out model. Figure out your TDEE, weigh your food, track your calories at fitday.com and make sure you put less calories in your mouth, than your body needs to function.

Eat around 500 calories less than your body requires (according to TDEE) and stay with it. Once you stall, look at your adjusted TDEE for your new weight, Drop calories again and continue. Eventually you can do all those other nifty things like refeeds, and carb cycling, but until you get under.. 8% bf or so calories in, calories out is king!
    ANT
    Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. *I lose mostly muscle rather than fat. *In example, last week I didn't eat enough as I wanted due to scheduling and running out of some foods. I dropped three pounds which was all muscle. To make matters worst, my body fat went up as well.

Sincerely,
    Jaime Garci*
    a

Stats: 5'8", 181 lbs
    Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Hunt_GI's BodySpace
    [QUOTE=jaimeg123prmt;732545913]Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. *I lose mostly muscle rather than fat. *In example, last week I didn't eat enough as I wanted due to scheduling and running out of some foods. I dropped three pounds which was all muscle. To make matters worst, my body fat went up as well.

Sincerely,
    Jaime Garci*
    a[/QUOTE its impossible to lose 3 pounds of muscle in a week. You could go for days not eating a single thing and not lose muscle.You would lose a lot of water but not muscle in that short amount of time.and you cant get fat from eating less.you probably lost water weight bro.Your weight can fluctuate 5lbs in a single day from water retention and many other factors.BioPulse has got the right idea.To lose fat you have to burn more calories than your body needs.
    " Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire "

Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hunt_GI has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try a type of keto diet.Working out your obliques will not make your love handles smaller.You cant spot reduce body fat.Doing a lot oF oblique work would be counter productive.They will grow like any other muscle in a resistance routine and take away from your v-taper.My suggestion.Change your diet pattern and eliminate the oblique work.

Stats: 5'6", 151 lbs
    emsadamc will become famous soon enough. (+50) emsadamc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit emsadamc's BodySpace

Most of these are great suggestions to try, I know that diet is so so very important. It almost out ways most other things. I have recently tightened up my diet a lot to very low fat and very low carbs. I have noticed a difference in only about two weeks. I have lost about 8lbs and I know it has been fat, I started with a little higher bf % too though. Keep up the great work and watch those calories and carbs! You can do it!
    DIG DEEP, PUSH HARD, GET RESULTS!!

Stats: 188 lbs
    BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BioPulse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BioPulse's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by jaimeg123prmt View Post
    Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. *I lose mostly muscle rather than fat. *In example, last week I didn't eat enough as I wanted due to scheduling and running out of some foods. I dropped three pounds which was all muscle. To make matters worst, my body fat went up as well.

Sincerely,
    Jaime Garci*
    a
    Probably not.. Water balance is a powerful thing and is more times than not, is the issue with micro dieting (as opposed to macro). Unless you have thyroid issues or some othere disease, dieting is simple math. If you burn more muslce than fat, or you don't drop fat at all, then one of the numbers in the mathmatical equasion is off.
    1. You have to know your exact TDEE (buy a bodybugg and track it for a month solid, 24 hours a day). If you are just 10% off of tdee you can screw everything up.
    2. You have to know how many calories you are eating. I don't care what anyone says, unless you are weighing the food you cook, and keeping track of it militantly, you are not going to get accurate numbers.
    3. You need to take it slow. Too many people dump calories 1000 under TDEE, and are confused when weight loss stalls. Take it slow, be patient and the fat will come off if your are consistant.
    4. You have to adjust for your levels as your weight changes. When I am 24 weeks out, and weight 200 lbs my TDEE and claorie intake look much different from when I am 170 lbs 6 weeks out. Make sure you know your current numbers, and go off of those rather than numbers from weeks prior.

Other than the above, there is really not all that much to fat loss and muscle rpeservation. Keep your Protein high (I like 1.25 x LBM), and adjust your carbs and fat according to how you feel the best (strongest) while in a deficit. If you do better on Keto, then kill your carbs and up your fat. If you do better with high carbs, then so be it. Just continue to hit a 500-600 calories deficiet every day (or weekly average of 3500) and you will achieve your goals. No way around it..

ANT
    Last edited by BioPulse; 08-10-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    First Ever IIFYM CALCULATOR = www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator

22 billion combinations of Oatmeal flavors MyOatmeal.com

Stats: 5'8", 184 lbs
    wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wedjim's BodySpace
    Great thread, exactly what I need, MILITANT NUTRITION! Starting today, by looking into a bodybugg?
    Thanks.
    "Where you are now is not important, what matters is where you are headed".

What will be your legacy?

wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wedjim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wedjim's BodySpace
    I also found this, which is not nearly as accurate of course, but can give someone an idea of where they should be without spending $150-200 bucks.
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    My local fitness guru came up with 2250 a day, this site told me 2398 a day. I bet the bodybugg would tell me 2300-2500 too?
    Maybe it will help just to let go of the dough and get it, haha.

Stats: 6'5", 255 lbs
    gmodude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmodude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmodude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit gmodude's BodySpace
    I have had similar problems in the past and i've found that my lower abs were not being worked as hard in my ab workouts. so i started doing more leg lifts and weighted leg lifts and as my muscles grew they became more visible. that is if you are already down to like 7% or less bf

Stats: 6'7", 253 lbs
    Cjclassen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Cjclassen's BodySpace
    [/QUOTE] its impossible to lose 3 pounds of muscle in a week. You could go for days not eating a single thing and not lose muscle.[/QUOTE]

Not eating does induce muscle loss.

Your body will soon sense a famine coming and resort to salvaging what it needs from your muscles, thus making them smaller... Then it goes into slow metabolism because of the lack of muscle, and when you eat again, where will all that food be going?

Eat too little, your body eats itself, burning fat becomes harder, gaining fat becomes inevitable. Dont not eat.
    Last edited by Cjclassen; 08-11-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Visit wedjim's BodySpace
    I'm gonna say true, but even with my limited nutritional experience, i'd have a hard time believing 3 lbs of mass loss in a week?
    Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd week of not eating anything, but with a caloric deficit only?

Stats: 5'8", 169 lbs
    smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) smitty2250 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit smitty2250's BodySpace
    I am also looking to lose belly fat. I want to know if I would be better off with dieting or with exercise?

its impossible to lose 3 pounds of muscle in a week. You could go for days not eating a single thing and not lose muscle.[/QUOTE] Not eating does induce muscle loss. Your body will soon sense a famine coming and resort to salvaging what it needs from your muscles, thus making them smaller... Then it goes into slow metabolism because of the lack of muscle, and when you eat again, where will all that food be going? Eat too little, your body eats itself, burning fat becomes harder, gaining fat becomes inevitable. Dont not eat.[/QUOTE]

okay i get what your saying.you would be in catabolic state after not eating for a few days but the muscle atrophy would be so miniscule it would be impossible to notice.You would look flat from loss of water retention, but losing dense hard muscle in a few days? There are many diets that incorporate fasting 16 to 24 hrs or more and they still preserve their muscle mass and gain muscle depending on their calorie intake.

Stats: 6'1", 193 lbs
    latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latsbrah305 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit latsbrah305's BodySpace