likewater9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) likewater9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What should I do? BF%?

I haven't posted here in a few years but I am looking for some advice. In late 2006 as a HS senior I started working out intensely and got some nice gains from it (I included an old pic of my progress) However, this only lasted a year or so and I got pretty fat. I think at a point I was up to 200lbs at right under 5'7! I stopped lifting, convinced myself that I was still in shape, got fat, and hovered around 190.

Long story short, I lost all of the weight (20-25lbs) after some serious changes in my diet and it only took a few months. I'm now under the 170 (~167) i was in 2007, but I have lost a ton of muscle. I haven't lifted in 2-3 years! How do you recommend I continue from here? I almost feel that I should keep going with the weight loss and get that six pack I never had. But I want to hear your opinions. Should I continue cutting and achieve low body fat or should I eat a lot and lift like the good ol' days n try to gain muscle? What is my bf% now?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the crappy pics.

2mth prog2223333.jpgnow.jpg

likewater9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) likewater9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any
    Last edited by likewater9; 08-07-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Anyone? What is my bf%?

Bump

HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    now.jpg = ~17%
    [Watdo?] - Want (''should'' for you naggers) bulk.

Serving true tea for weight-losers
    Literally die during squat
    Home gym-er
    Inadequate/improper lifting equipment
    Pop music sucker \m/

Washed up skateboarder.. CalebRM's Avatar
    CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd do more of a recomp, from where your at now you have great potential just focus on losing some fat and gaining some muscle. Or bulk up eating clean and then cut later.
    6'2

Quit working legs 11/1/2014

thanks for the opinions

miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000) miketheblade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    take better pictures.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You were jacked in your 2007 pics!
    Still have a good base - arms and shoulders look big, but your chest and lats have disappeared - it looks like you kept curling, but stopped everything else!
    You know that once you get into training properly that you should make big gains, so I'd be tempted to cut down to 10% (You're about 16% now, so 10lbs fat to lose) so that you can get a good idea of your starting mass, and then start lean bulking - you should see some good gains that way

What were your lifts and stats in 2007 and what are they now (if you know)??
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post

Still have a good base - arms and shoulders look big, but your chest and lats have disappeared - it looks like you kept curling, but stopped everything else!
    You know that once you get into training properly that you should make big gains, so I'd be tempted to cut down to 10% (You're about 16% now, so 10lbs fat to lose) so that you can get a good idea of your starting mass, and then start lean bulking - you should see some good gains that way

Thanks man. In that 2007 pic I was about 172 (no clue what my bf% was) at about 5'6.5-5'7. I was lifting heavy at that point roughly 5-6 X a week. Just kept going up in weight and being very aggressive upping the weight. I focused a lot on dumbbells - I think I was doing ~100+ on the db bench (flat and maybe a little less incline) and ~80s for db shoulder press. Other than that, I was just mixing it up 6-8 reps and a lot of free weights. Chest and lats were always my weakest point, so this go around I know where to try some new things. Arms/Biceps were always my strong point and were pretty easy to blow up. That's probably why you said that about my arms.

Like I said, now I have no clue what my lifts are. I would guess I can still put up some decent weight but that's just a guess. I haven't seriously worked out in 2+ years. Let's hope this muscle memory remembers me.

I think because I'm only about 10 pounds away, I should cut down and then watch my progress start from a point of little body fat. I'm open to ideas though. Should I be looking into a recomp? (don't even know what this is). Also, am I a meso-endo due to the fact that I can gain muscle relatively easily and I get fat when I slip up on my diet.
    Last edited by likewater9; 08-08-2011 at 09:09 AM.

R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10) R1Speed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post

this.....muscle memory will hit.

Originally Posted by R1Speed View Post
    this.....muscle memory will hit.
    how many cals should I be eating?

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by likewater9 View Post
    how many cals should I be eating?
    Maintenance cals ( ie maintain body weight) so ~ 3000 cals/day
    Make sure that you get at least 200g protein and some good fats
    If you try to cut now, you will inhibit your potential (rapid) muscle gains as muscle memory kicks in!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs