Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SleepingPeace View Post
    Are you serious?

Huh???
    You need to fix your sarcasm meter.

Originally Posted by ChecksandGiggles View Post
    There only one exercise that can be done with your shirt off, and that is cable crossovers/concentration curls supersets.
    This is the one universal truth.
    Total's = Jan. 2012 - 1036 @ 198's
    Jan. 2013 - 1184 @ 220's
    Jul. 2013 - 1251 @ 220's
    Jan. 2014 - 1355 @ 242's

SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by simp3204 View Post
    You need to fix your sarcasm meter.
    Explain...

Edit: I just find it hard to understand how you guys think that a deadlift doesn't hit any back muscles. Is there something different that powerlifters do for their deadlifts? I always do them, and they give me a wicked workout on my back. It'd be kinda' impossible to do a deadlift and not use a muscle in your back. I just feel like I'm missing something here. All I'm looking for is a decent response.
    Last edited by SleepingPeace; 08-08-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    www.cheapunlockcodes.com
    Freedom For Your Phone

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Explain...

Edit: I just find it hard to understand how you guys think that a deadlift doesn't hit any back muscles. Is there something different that powerlifters do for their deadlifts? I always do them, and they give me a wicked workout on my back. It'd be kinda' impossible to do a deadlift and not use a muscle in your back. I just feel like I'm missing something here. All I'm looking for is a decent response.
    You've been here 6 years and still can't notice e-sarcasm?

S+B+D+Pullups/Rows would be enough for a fairly balanced physique for anyone I think.*
    771/645/622 Single Ply

SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    You've been here 6 years and still can't notice e-sarcasm?

S+B+D+Pullups/Rows would be enough for a fairly balanced physique for anyone I think.*
    Sorry brah. I was skimmin' through the thread at a late ass time half asleep. Thanks for pointin' that out. I was pretty shocked at the time.
    www.cheapunlockcodes.com
    Freedom For Your Phone

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    when you have to explain a joke, its ceases to be funny.

thanks for being that guy SleepingPeace.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    when you have to explain a joke, its ceases to be funny.

thanks for being that guy SleepingPeace.
    When you have to neg on someone because you have nothing better to do, you cease to be useful.*

I thank you not for being that guy isaku900.
    www.cheapunlockcodes.com
    Freedom For Your Phone

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    When you have to neg on someone because you have nothing better to do, you cease to be useful.*

I thank you not for being that guy isaku900.
    yea i didn't neg you.

.........GJDM!
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    yea i didn't neg you.

.........GJDM!
    I was referring to the negative comment you posted, but it's alright I'm over it. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack OP's thread here. Sorry folks.*

To reply to the OP, I couldn't tell you if you would end up looking unbalanced, I do all of them along with isolation exercises like everyone else. My guess is you would still look ok. I'd throw in standing military presses too though. Would be a nice little experiment for someone to try and report back though.
    www.cheapunlockcodes.com
    Freedom For Your Phone

berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) berkim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Spot for sale!

Edit : Spot sold to Cap Barbell. The finest dumbbells for creating a balanced physique.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A more useful thread would be, "Surely doing deadlifts with 1 hand overhand and the other hand underhand all the time would create an unbalanced physique?" I always do right hand overhand and left hand underhand and I can see a small difference in my upper traps. My friend pulls heavier than me and his upper traps look more off than me. Someone should find out if this muscle imbalance can lead to spine/joint imbalances. Maybe even cause shoulder/neck pain. Discuss!
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FWIW I recently switched from recreational bodybuilding to powerlifting. In roughly 3 months I've lost some size in my lats, hamstrings, anterior delts and biceps, through not training them directly. My program is highly specific, with only squat (+40 lbs), bench (+25 lbs), and DL (+20 lbs) variations. Posterior delts, front delts, triceps, quads, and pecs have all stayed the same (sternal head of my pectorals may actually be larger while clavicular head is smaller).

The bottom line is this OP: if you want to have big lats, do lat work directly. Big biceps, do curls. However if you want to be a powerlifter, focus on doing what it takes to increase your lifts. Don't waste your energy trying to serve two masters. Don't try to be everything to everyone. Focus on a job, and get it done.