Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorwhitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Playing football upcoming season

I might be playing football this season, it's my senior year and I'm almost 18.
    I'm 6"4 190 pounds 9% BF
    I haven't played football since middle school but I played hockey for my school freshman and sophomore year and then started taking mma, muay Thai, bjj my junior year and have been weightlifting since my sophomore year.
    What do I need to do to get ready as far as speed and strength wise ?
    I'd like to play DE since all the LB positions are pretty much taken.
    I know I can hit hard( what I did in hockey) just need some advise it would be much appreciated thank you

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no idea where your from but around this time high school teams are having 3 a days. Contact the schools coaches asap. Where im from there practicing already. You should play DE fasho. Just do what makes you happy brah

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Connorwhitt View Post
    I'm 6"4 190 pounds 9% BF
    I haven't played football since middle school but I played hockey for my school freshman and sophomore year and then started taking mma, muay Thai, bjj my junior year and have been weightlifting since my sophomore year.
    I know I can hit hard( what I did in hockey) just need some advise it would be much appreciated thank you
    since try outs are going to be in a few days, if they havent started already, there isnt really much you can do excepy acclimate your self to heat a little bit.

nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    as a coach, it's great that you are already aggressive and have a strength platform to start from. I would recommend working on foot speed, for de's it's important to be quick within a 10 yard circumference. your job is to get around o-linemen so quick inside the box is important. work on your punches because alot of getting around the body of a lineman is punching his arm and quick moves with the feet to get around him and then charging the qb. do explosive lifts that will help you come up out of your stance. finally, a good DE will be able to have the self control of moving when the ball is snapped. you can't really practice this until football starts but jumping offsides is the first thing that forces a coach to bench a defensive lineman.
    Champions are not born. They are built.

You wondered if all the pain and sacrifice is worth it...now you know.

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Everybody wants to win. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes.

lerit50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Connorwhitt View Post
    I'm 6"4 190 pounds 9% BF
    Haha you're like my body type senior year. I play DE too at Case Western Reserve University.

Honestly its way too late to really do anything physically.

What you can do to prove that you want to play is just do everything the coaches ask of you no questions asked. If you're good enough you will start. It's that simple.

If you want to impress people, take on the "big shots" in hitting drills, and if you do well against them the coaches will most definitely notice. That's really all. Senior year is tough to start because I remember really starting a relationship with all my coaches when I was a freshman, so they really already knew who I was and pulled me up from JV sophomore year.

But just work hard and you'll be ok. Thats all anyone can ask and that's all you can do.

KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its pretty late in the year like the above posters said, you need to go asap. *The team I played for only really got 2 month off, they started manditory lifts in*January, and have played in*numerous*7 on 7 tournaments, most of the plays are already in, you will be behind, but learning defense is a lot easier then offense, with your size, im imagining that you will be pretty good, and if you prove that you are a hard worker, your coach 90% of the time will put who will make you guys win on the field. So work hard.
    Snapple Bowl 2011 All-Star