Neo975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gonna try high school football, have a few questions

I've never played any team sports and this year i've decided to stop wasting my life and play as many sports as i can. I want to see if i can get on my new high school JV football team and i'm wondering, how hard are high school football workouts? I'm trying to figure out if i will be continuing my current programing or if high school football teams usually work out on par with alot of popular routines?

NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How hard the workouts are just depends on how much of a ball buster your coach is, for me they are pretty easy- mile run, some 50 yd sprints. * And no, in all of my experiences the S@C programs at high school football are not on par with popular routines.

redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Neo975 View Post
    I've never played any team sports and this year i've decided to stop wasting my life and play as many sports as i can. I want to see if i can get on my new high school JV football team and i'm wondering, how hard are high school football workouts? I'm trying to figure out if i will be continuing my current programing or if high school football teams usually work out on par with alot of popular routines?
    how hard tryouts are is determined by coach and how important football is to your school, but most will consist of basic things like condition, speed, strength. I lucked out cause my HS's tryouts also included position specific skill testing and I sucked at strength and was mediocre speed but shined at skill portion. But you could always ask around at your school or current players. Also not playing sports isn't wasting your life haha, its good that you want to do them though because highschool is the easiest place for the rest of your life to play competitive sports.
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

Neo975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. 1 more question, does anyone know of any good videos/games for a football newbie to watch?

nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    two a days sucks for everyone involved...the best players and the worst. it's hot, miserable, exhausting, and often boring. that's what makes it hard but that's what separates those who want to be part of a sport and those that actually playing it. if you have any friends on the team watch their game film to see the team they'll be going against. ask the coach what position he wants you to play and if there's any tapes he has of alumni or current players at that position that you could study and learn how they played and what made them stand out.
    Champions are not born. They are built.

You wondered if all the pain and sacrifice is worth it...now you know.

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Everybody wants to win. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes.

lerit50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. 1 more question, does anyone know of any good videos/games for a football newbie to watch?
    watch nfl network and just learn...

Watch espnU cause they usually show bowl games from last year and they're always good

watch remember the titans and friday night lights.. my personal two favorite football movies

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    haha dude, if you live in Texas, Florida or SoCal.....all I gotta say is goodluck bro

KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can do it, but you better get your focus right, it is anything but easy. *I played football two years, I was pretty good, however those two-a-days make you want to quit every time you wake up in the morning for them. *Its intense, arguably*unnecessary, but it does what its intentions are, to separate the boys from the men. *Lifting work outs depend on each school, I played for a very serious football school and coach, one of the hardest groups out there, we lifted hard and we had a pretty good routine. Our conditioning was*ridiculous, never see any team do as much as us. *But that all depends on how serious your team is. *My best advice is to try to do extra stuff on days off and ea healthy, but a lot, keep you body and mind right, *if its not REALLY what you want its not worth it. *But if it is go for it.
    Snapple Bowl 2011 All-Star

redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like above, watch nfl network and try to catch as many division 1 college games or nfl and cfl(canadian) games and watch what the guys at your possible positions are doing

Also madden/ncaa for xbox is the closest thing to a game and that really may just help with terminology, I had an incredibly unapproachable coach so I winged it the first few months and had to learn what cover 2/3, weak side/strong side all those things were through madden and internet searches. Never let coaches know that you learned something from a game though, they'll kill you.
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

pballtech1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    one of my coaches played in the NFL and he is a dick and he makes us workout super hard like puking all the time so thats hard, ive been playing since i was 7 and your going to be shocked

REX36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Think of it this way.... Its probably not going to be easy, but if you work hard it will pay off. Honestly. Just keep yourself motivated so that you keep working hard. In my opinion football practices are not bad at all compared to some of the other sports you could be playing. (wrestling, cross country, maybe something else..) Dont be scared of practices. They are easy stuff. If you do not know how to play, I*recommend*researching the rules of the game and then do further research about any position you might want to play. Its a pretty easy game to understand once you get the basics but the stuff that applies to your specific position can be a real b*tch to learn... I still hardly even know what im doing when I play linebacker lol. Pay close attention to your coach/coaches.*

PenderC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well if your coach is anything like my coach, then, you will be working you sweet little ass of 24/7 as a freshman. You will soon learn coaches are the biggest a-holes in the world. Just be prepared mentally and physically! I'm guessing you've never been in pads, just now it hot in them, so drink a lot of gatoraid and water, and also eat good.

BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigGuyC has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Watch Rudy, seriously. Two-a-days are the worst, I fcuking hated them!!! But they get you very prepared for the regular season. Just keep showing up and giving it everything you have, good luck!
    "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it"