Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LennardiVooDoo View Post
    No. Corporate tax rate affects profits, not expenses, so corporations would just receive a smaller profit. The price of the coffee would not change.
    But I don't even know why we're discussing this, since I never said to raise taxes on corporations.
    yes or no, do expenses effect profits?

its cool i'll drop it since thats now what this thread is about anyway, just wanted to comment on that.

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Kane_89 View Post
    An economy which had nothing to do with tax cuts...Clinton RAISES taxes and creates more small business growth/jobs than when Bush CUT taxes, Unemployment rises for 3 yrs AFTER Reagans tax cut. Reason? tax rates cant move the business cycle.
    You're ignoring the internet bubble of the late 90s.

Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by johnsbod View Post
    You're ignoring the tech bubble of the late 90s.
    Clinton had his tech bubble and Bush had his housing bubble, only difference is that with Clinton, consumers spent with their newly risen wages and with Bush, consumers spent with their home equity and credit cards.
    MIKE TYSON: "When you see me smash somebody's skull, you'll enjoy it."

"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain."

"It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating"

"I'll f**k you till you love me f**got!"

"I just want to conquer people and their souls"

LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by johnsbod View Post
    You're ignoring the internet bubble of the late 90s.
    Well by that same logic the 2001-2007 growth was due to the housing bubble, right?

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well by that same logic the 2001-2007 growth was due to the housing bubble, right?
    The housing bubble issue started way before then.

e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) e_smith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know why you liberals can't seem to realize that SPENDING is the problem. Raising tax rates on the rich will only lower tax revenues. High tax rates inevitably put pressure upon the taxpayer to withdraw his capital from productive business and invest it in tax-exempt securities or to find other lawful methods of avoiding the realization of taxable income. The rich pay more in taxes when incentives to hide income are reduced. Hell, that should make all you liberals happy because it means lower income citizens bear a lower share of the tax burden. Win, win?

feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes they do teach economics in Australia. I'm doing a double major in Economics/Finance at one of the world's best social science universities, but you're probably right. You definitely know more about economics, especially considering your thorough understanding of the housing bubble, and how "government corruption and policy" caused it.
    I always find it entertaining when brand new college students figure out what their major is going to be, then immediately act like they are an expert on the topic.

PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ZachSmash View Post
    until the gov stops taxing every company to the point that they ship jobs overseas (thanks a lot NAFTA) the US will not recover.

i like how your solution to the problem is to make an environment where no companies can do business in the US. what a GREAT economic idea you have.

also, if you are looking at rich people not paying taxes, look no further than one of obamas master, jeffery imhelt (sp?) the owner of general electric who is probably the largest corporation in the world, paid ZERO taxes as a corporation.

go **** yourself op.
    Actually, they owe taxes, but those have been deferred. We can't go after the funds until they are returned to the US.*

That said, there is a movement afoot to create another "tax holiday" during which *we cut the taxes companies like GE owe from ~35% to ~5% if they "repatriate" their cash. DO NOT LET THEM DO THIS! They should not be rewarded further for dodging their tax responsibilities. The last time we did this, the exact opposite of what was promised happened. Jobs were lost, and most of the money ended up as dividends to shareholders, which is mostly those sitting on the boards of directors. They are going to tell us that this program will create 2 Million jobs here. BULL****! It won't happen. It never has before.*

Just like the upcoming trade agreements that the media is conveniently silent about. Watch out or we'll get screwed again.*
    Last edited by PSToolman; 08-07-2011 at 09:42 PM.

PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PSToolman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by e_smith View Post
    I don't know why you liberals can't seem to realize that SPENDING is the problem. Raising tax rates on the rich will only lower tax revenues. High tax rates inevitably put pressure upon the taxpayer to withdraw his capital from productive business and invest it in tax-exempt securities or to find other lawful methods of avoiding the realization of taxable income. The rich pay more in taxes when incentives to hide income are reduced. Hell, that should make all you liberals happy because it means lower income citizens bear a lower share of the tax burden. Win, win?
    I think you're mistaken. I've heard plenty of progressive liberals talk about making cuts, not only to military spending, but also to make changes to the entitlement programs, in particular to reduce fraud and waste. Most of us have been talking about a "balanced" approach. Maybe you've heard. A combination of cuts and "increased revenue", which in this case is not code for raising taxes, but instead of eliminating loopholes that, for example, reward companies for taking jobs overseas. I firmly believe that if we get unemployment down to normal, and increase wages on the lower end so that more Americans are working and once again more than half of us are paying taxes, then we will not have a revenue problem. Until then, spending is not our only problem.*

Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by e_smith View Post
    You are too well informed for an 18 yr old.

Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PSToolman View Post
    I think you're mistaken. I've heard plenty of progressive liberals talk about making cuts, not only to military spending, but also to make changes to the entitlement programs, in particular to reduce fraud and waste. Most of us have been talking about a "balanced" approach. Maybe you've heard. A combination of cuts and "increased revenue", which in this case is not code for raising taxes, but instead of eliminating loopholes that, for example, reward companies for taking jobs overseas. I firmly believe that if we get unemployment down to normal, and increase wages on the lower end so that more Americans are working and once again more than half of us are paying taxes, then we will not have a revenue problem. Until then, spending is not our only problem.*
    it won't happen b/c the democrats just talk only. They would not risk pissing off their election campaign fund donors. Same go for the GOPs. The Tea party is trying to break this donor disease. if you progressive really care and not just talk shiete, you really should work with the Tea party on issues where we are on common ground. Put away the poison pen.

polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) polarbro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The_Zodiac View Post
    Come at me bro.
    On drilling in the arctic and the death of polar bears who drown due to exhaustion after swimming for miles

"I know, I'd much rather live under high unemployment and growing poverty caused by high oil prices..
    as long as there are polar bears and glaciers 5,000 miles to the north, I'll be happy."
    -JB05
    Dartmouth CO 15'