RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Good ways of building the teardrop muscle?

What are some of the best and fastest ways to build the Vastus Medialis oblique muscle?

AKA: teardrop muscle, vastus internus.

I do squats and my quads grow pretty well and are getting some good shape to them. Apart from my obliques...

I hear leg extentions are a good way of building them, but I can only use it every now and then.

Can someone tell me a few other good ways of building them?
    Help and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Rye.

FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RyeTB View Post
    What are some of the best and fastest ways to build the Vastus Medialis oblique muscle?

AKA: teardrop muscle, vastus internus.

I do squats and my quads grow pretty well and are getting some good shape to them. Apart from my obliques...

I hear leg extentions are a good way of building them, but I can only use it every now and then.

Can someone tell me a few other good ways of building them?
    Help and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Rye.
    Ive heard some good things from pro's about partial squats (just above parallel). You can load the bar much more, and take the focus away from the glutes and hammys that you get on a normal squat. I've never actually used them specifically before but it makes sense

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your stance can play a role in it.. Try going for a wider stance, feet pointed outwards.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyeTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank for the replys up to now, both great answers. I'll have to try them.

ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i heard when u do leg extensions, if u point ur toes forward away from ur body like ur pushing a gas pedal in the car it targets it, and if u pull ur toes back towards u, u target the outside
    [[Best Lifts at 193lbs - Dec 2013]]
    Squat - 385lbs x 3
    OHP - 200lbs x 3
    Bench - 300lbs x 1
    Deadlift - 425lbs x 5

[[Best Lifts at 171lbs - May 2014]]
    Squat - 345lbs x 5
    OHP - 190lbs x 3
    Bench - 280lbs x 1
    Deadlift - 405lbs x 4

5/3/1 Workout Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156309573

Originally Posted by ab1992 View Post
    i heard when u do leg extensions, if u point ur toes forward away from ur body like ur pushing a gas pedal in the car it targets it, and if u pull ur toes back towards u, u target the outside
    Thank man, there really good tips.

Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haztech will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Taking a wide stance targets the inner quads more whereas a narrow stance is supposed to hit the outer quads more. I personally squat using a wide stance with my toes pointing outwards and my Vastus Medialis muscles are always wrecked in the morning.

-rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gymcandykid View Post
    Your stance can play a role in it.. Try going for a wider stance, feet pointed outwards.
    This is good advice. You don't have to point your feet outwards on say squats or leg presses, but on extensions it would probably help.

Realize that you aren't gonna specifically isolate the tear drop with this technique, but over time, it does have a great effect. If you can merely shift emphasis to that muscle 5% more than normal, it will build up over time.

On the leg press, try slightly pushing with the inside of your feet as well instead of the heel.

Originally Posted by -rEvolvEr- View Post
    This is good advice. You don't have to point your feet outwards on say squats or leg presses, but on extensions it would probably help.

Realize that you aren't gonna specifically isolate the tear drop with this technique, but over time, it does have a great effect. If you can merely shift emphasis to that muscle 5% more than normal, it will build up over time.

On the leg press, try slightly pushing with the inside of your feet as well instead of the heel.
    Really great advice, appreciate it so much.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -rEvolvEr- View Post
    This is good advice. You don't have to point your feet outwards on say squats or leg presses, but on extensions it would probably help. Realize that you aren't gonna specifically isolate the tear drop with this technique, but over time, it does have a great effect. If you can merely shift emphasis to that muscle 5% more than normal, it will build up over time. On the leg press, try slightly pushing with the inside of your feet as well instead of the heel.
    I heard it actually placed 6.74% more emphasis.

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    the way i hit my teardrop is to take a wide stance on the hack squat machine and do my reps that way and i also put my feet a little lower than normal on the platform, that seems to hit it perfectly. another little tweak i add is to my extensions i make sure at the top of the movement i point my toes outward to focus the contraction on that portion of the quad.*
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

Thank you for all of your replies, you've helped me so much.

Rye.