B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000)

Tips on getting centered under the bar for squats?

My question may be stupid, but does anyone have any tricks/tips/anything to get set up right in the middle of the bar?

I am having a real hard time getting centered under the bar when I setup. Every time it seems, unless I am looking at my setup in a mirror, the bar is further off to the right. That side ends up bouncing off the pins and stuff and driving me nuts.

Thanks.

PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by B.Money View Post
    My question may be stupid, but does anyone have any tricks/tips/anything to get set up right in the middle of the bar?

I am having a real hard time getting centered under the bar when I setup. Every time it seems, unless I am looking at my setup in a mirror, the bar is further off to the right. That side ends up bouncing off the pins and stuff and driving me nuts.

Thanks.

what you should do is gett under the bar as you normally would for squats, except loosen ur grip and relax ur arms a little bit(not fully of course), dont step back, if the bar leans to the right , ur back is to far to the left. If it the bar leans to the left your back is too far to the right. if the bar barely tips stiffen ur grip step back and start squatting.

billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000)
    i like to look over my shoulders and see if the distance from the end of the rough part of the bar is equal on each side, also make sure your hands are placed evenly apart from the center before getting under the bar
    PR's
    Squat:610 wrapped
    Bench: 430
    Deadlift: 710
    bw 245
    unofficial total:1750
    DRZ Crew
    TRD Crew

PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PowerlifterDous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    placing your middle or ring finger on the ring on the bar helps too.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Putting you arms in as close as possible basically fixes this. If your hands are just outside your shoulder it is pretty hard to be offset.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10) seekay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    left hand on ring - rigth hand on ring - get under - squat
    (my english is bad)
    bench-55,leg press-270,squat-120,deadlift--95

SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I place my hands first, place the bar & look to see if my shoulders are spaced evenly. If I've had a few sets that have felt off center I'll usually center the bar on my chest after I grip, then pop under after my chest is centered.

samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100)
    could be shoulder flexibility problems. one arm could be injured which would pull the bar one way or the other despite being even up on the knurls with your hands.

Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommohawke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    Putting you arms in as close as possible basically fixes this. If your hands are just outside your shoulder it is pretty hard to be offset.
    This.
    I have my hands closer for more upper back stability (plus i squat high bar) and I dont see how it could be off center. You just don't have enough room.

jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have this problem too. I'm gonna try what they said above and move my grip in and see how I like it.
    We the type of crew, to get fresh just to sit in the living room.-Bill O'Reilly

Kuchi Kopi Alliance

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jmt92 View Post
    I have this problem too. I'm gonna try what they said above and move my grip in and see how I like it.
    I feel it gives me more upper back tightness and can get my shoulder blades together and my elbows down. All of the big lifters have their hands almost all the way out but that is probably because they don't have the flexibility to get any closer. Benching a ton really messes up your flexibility.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz