zeshto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Parkour and weight training !!

Hey guys ,*
    I'm a 17 years old parkour*practitioner and I've just joined a gym my aim is not to bulk up but to build strength the will help me improve in my sport , I was just wondering if you could help me by guiding me to the proper exercises to do ??*
    Thanks in advance...

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depending on the extent of your parkour training and current strength levels I would either

If you are just starting/or weak - Do starting strength, drop a lot of skill work for the time being and focus on getting your strength up. Include dips and pullups. Run it until you no longer can.

If you have already got some good strength levels - I would focus on something like 5/3/1 and focus about 50% of your efforts on parkour skill training. Include a lot of bodyweight lifting.

ok , I'm already ripped a little and have some strength but I'm looking for more strength and a little bit of body fitness*
    I want a good workout*schedule with specific exercises that I can follow to improve both my body built and my strength for parkour FYI I'm kinda skinny but ripped hehee*

northsm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zeshto View Post
    ok , I'm already ripped a little and have some strength but I'm looking for more strength and a little bit of body fitness*
    I want a good workout*schedule with specific exercises that I can follow to improve both my body built and my strength for parkour FYI I'm kinda skinny but ripped hehee*
    You want a strength gaining program, i.e. low reps heavy weight, that uses bodyweight exercises when possible. That means do pullups and dips, and other things you can think of.

You also want to do the big three exercises: Bench, Squat, Deadlift, to improve your body as quickly as possible.

Try a 3 day split. Each day you start off with one of those three exercises. Aim for 5 sets of 5 reps. Then move on to other exercises.

Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As above said, focus on compounds. Squats/deadlifts were invaluable to me when I was still pk'ing.
    ==Juggernaut Group==
    http://groups.bodybuilding.com/i_am_juggernaut

I'll be satisfied when I'm dead.

LilGing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    since your using mostly body weight in parkour do a lot of training that focus`s on building muscle endurace. This will also help a lot with gaining muscle and getting a nice physique. When I was doing parkour I did mass push up with all different widths of my hands, I`d do lots of push ups with my hands down by my ribcage.
    Chin ups are a must! do them from all different widths, when your doing like 12+ add a little weight. Like I'll do 10-12 with 35 pound weight, drop the weight and do as many after that (normally like 3). Do dead lifts and squarts but do high reps with lower weight. You reps of any exercise should be between 8-16 as parkour is a endurance sport. But always try increasing weight and intensity. avoid doing a lot of running on your weight training days though. Since doing parkour you'll be getting 1+ hours of cardio. Other than that advice, just do things like hanging leg raises and variety of sit ups.

okay, I got the exercises.
    But for the best fitness and strength that would help me with my parkour, not to OVER doing exercises and*tiring my body, the questions are.. how 1-many time should i go to the gym in the week ?? 2-is it like .. daily working out & in the weekend i take it off ? OR every other day? 3-can i play for my whole body in the same day ? like this exercises ( dips, pull ups, squat, push ups ,calves , back and abs ) *?*
    And thank you.
    Last edited by zeshto; 08-06-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Personally, parkour or not I would go with Starting Strength and build some solid muscle mass for a while. It is a simple program and well set-up with all the instructions you need. Make sure you do the power cleans as learning explosive strength is what will help you out the most.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17