Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adding Body-weight Training

I know the focus of many here is probably free weights
    and machines but, does anyone else include body-weight
    training into their routines? Like Pullups and dips etc?

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i think most folks do.

i personally can't imagine a decent routine that doesn't include pull ups. dips are great, but many stay away due to shoulder issues.

i do pullups, dips, pushups, and handstand pushups occasionally. lately i've been on a perfect pushup kick, high frequency, and am noticing some chest gains that i never get from weight training. of course, i haven't tried high frequency on bench press, though i'm sure the results would be similar.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes I do body weight Sessions along with weight training. I try to hit 1000 pushups at least 2 times each week. I due Pullups to complete failure twice a week, including some hanstand for Delt development. These 2 days the Pushups and Pullups are spread along 2 -6 to 8 mile walks.1 in morning, then 1 evening
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    I try to hit 1000 pushups
    1000???? yikes.

a few years ago, i did 800 pushups every day for 30 days. made some real nice gains. couldn't keep up the grind though.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Zips View Post
    Nothing wrong with including some bodyweight stuff into your routine. Just be aware that if your goal is to build muscle, you're eventually going to reach a point where you'll need to add weight to your Chins/Pullups, Dips, etc., in order to continue to progress.

IMO, sets of heavy Chinups or Pullups are one of the best upper back exercises you can perform. Likewise for Dips for both chest and triceps.

Once you can consistently hit 10 reps a set, start adding enough weight (with a Chin/Dipping belt) to bust you back down to 6 reps. Then work to progress that weight back up to 10-rep sets, at which point you add more weight, etc.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another vote for body weight exercises.

I start my back day with pull-ups, start my arm day with tricep dips. (Used to start chest with chest dips but was overly fatiguing my tris.) I close out chest with wide-grip push-ups on hex db's. Warm up bis with chins.

Also like close grip push-ups for triceps. Like IronWill said, it gets tedious when you build up a tolerance but adding weight and different positions/angles helps.
    "Our side of the barbed wire."

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, but now I add weight.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I due Pullups to complete failure twice a week
    Charlie,

I tried doing my pullups to failure first as well. Now, I use sort
    of a hardgainer approach and take one workout to failure and
    the next time cycle down to 60% to 70% of what I normally
    can do. The added rest has helped my gains a bit.

I used to hate pullups but, now they are one of my favorites.

oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My routine is mostly dumbbells. I use the *100 push up & 200 squat program to pre-exhaust before starting my workout.

*I haven't completed either

charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oldspartan View Post
    My routine is mostly dumbbells. I use the *100 push up & 200 squat program to pre-exhaust before starting my workout.

*I haven't completed either
    If You will just keep adding pushups and add alternating Decline & Incline pushups your strength will slowly increase. If you want to increase them use them more as a conditioning session and less as a pre exhaust program.

My individual record is 115 straight (no big deal) my point is to show you that you can reach those numbers but you have to focus more on the Pushups.
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

Weight / 185.6

oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If You will just keep adding pushups and add alternating Decline & Incline pushups your strength will slowly increase. If you want to increase them use them more as a conditioning session and less as a pre exhaust program.

My individual record is 115 straight (no big deal) my point is to show you that you can reach those numbers but you have to focus more on the Pushups.
    Thanks I'm making slow progress. Last workout was 120 in 5 sets. Good point on the incline/decline, I'm shooting for 100 in 2 mins since max during my army days was 60!

Charlie,

I tried doing my pullups to failure first as well. Now, I use sort
    of a hardgainer approach and take one workout to failure and
    the next time cycle down to 60% to 70% of what I normally
    can do. The added rest has helped my gains a bit.

I used to hate pullups but, now they are one of my favorites.
    Ya bro totally understand I may start doing that alternating my intensity sessions. These High Intensity sessions are tough, I have been taking a lot of naps lately.

Boathead -
    1000 sounds alot but I split them usually 500 in sets to failure every 1/2 mile during my 6-8 mile intensity walks so it works out pretty good and those are only done at the most times during the week and then its the walk and High Rep Ab work. This allows me to hit Chest to failure on chest days instead of spending 1.5 in the gym burning my chest with a bunch of exercises I now spend 30 minutes hitting compound exercises and use the high rep pushups as my shaping exercises at different times.

Yes adding weight is great for building muscle and Have taken my weighted vest on these sessions in the past and will do it again, My current focus is leaning out at the moment so its bodyweight only and rep work.

I think everyone agree's thiers nothing better than using body weight work in conjunction with weight training, the only thing is the different ways it can be used to accomplish individual goals.

Weight / 185.6

Originally Posted by oldspartan View Post
    Thanks I'm making slow progress. Last workout was 120 in 5 sets. Good point on the incline/decline, I'm shooting for 100 in 2 mins since max during my army days was 60!
    The way I first broke 100 at a time was as I said adding a couple to each set each session as I could, pushups will increase slowly like any muscle with progression. You might try adding a plate or a vest to an alternate session to stimulate added growth. If you want stay in touch and keep me posted on your progress and I will help as I can.

Weight / 185.6

Talking

*9 miles walking at a brisk pace, stopping every other street for pushups. Alternating flats and Incline adding decline when I could. mid point I hit a set of Burpee's to failure. Total Pushups tonight 1120 in uder 2.5 hrs Totally insane.
    My friend at Del Taco said I was so jacked when I came in thier I looked like I was on Steroids.

Pushups were done on Sunday, and saterday as well. I will be repeating this on Wensday and Friday Current goal 3500 per week for 4 weeks, just to see how the effects are. I am sore as heck this morning.

Try it guys you'll get seriously jacked lol and I'm walking into 53 in what 2 months lol

Weight / 185.6

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pull ups, push ups and dips are probably 80% of my chest/back work out. I think my dips are somewhere between chest-focused and tricep-focused. Most of my push ups are with feet raised on a bench, hands on hex dumbbells. I'm looking for a way to add weight. I use a 20 lb dumbbell held between my feet for pull-ups and dips.

PR's:
    Pull ups, 16 unweighted, 12 with 20 lbs.
    Dips, 50 unweighted, 30 with 20 lbs.
    Push ups, feet raised: 55 (165 in 4 sets, once or twice a week).

Talking

Originally Posted by tobymax123 View Post
    Pull ups, push ups and dips are probably 80% of my chest/back work out. I think my dips are somewhere between chest-focused and tricep-focused. Most of my push ups are with feet raised on a bench, hands on hex dumbbells. I'm looking for a way to add weight. I use a 20 lb dumbbell held between my feet for pull-ups and dips.

PR's:
    Pull ups, 16 unweighted, 12 with 20 lbs.
    Dips, 50 unweighted, 30 with 20 lbs.
    Push ups, feet raised: 55 (165 in 4 sets, once or twice a week).

Sweet man.
    You should join my friends and I. We are tracking on ******** a 4 week Spartan style training run. Old school. Like I did last night. 2.5 brisk walk, walking 20 some yards doing a set of Pushups to failure and repeat the entire 2.5 hr walk. You can add Pullups at a Park on your route, Ab work, Burpee's, ect as you wish. The pullups alternate between incline and flats with declines if you come across a bench or short wall. The goal 1000 per session 3 days a week M/W/F 3000 plus each week for 4 weeks. I am on track to hit 3500 this week.

Wide grip Pullups bw 15 is as many as I have tried Full ext w/pause at bottom. 22 supinated chins, 8 with 25lbs. Bodyweight Dips on a parellel bar setup at the park I am not sure I ran them to failure a week ago and lost count at 48 I kept going till I thought my tris would explode. 15 at home w/2 45lb plates.
    Check my bodyspace for my FB link come on lets get Jacked bro.

Its all about Conditioning.

Weight / 185.6

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Charlie, you're a great motivator. Good ******** page. You are inspiring me to do more push ups for the next couple of weeks. Maybe changing it up a bit will help me break through a work out funk that I've been in for the past week. Today I'm working out after work instead my lunch hour, so I'll have a bit more time than usual... I'll try to up it from 165 to 200 today. Sometimes I like to superset push ups and pull ups with minimal rest so I get a cardio workout at the same time. It can be a killer... and talk about a pump!

BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do 2 leg workouts a week- one all my big exercises-- one primarily bodyweight exercises-- very nice to diversify.
    Being different is NEVER easy...see my ******** page at "Maria Roelle Health Coaching" or check out my website at www.mariaroelle.com If you have questions regarding plant based diet or healing foods, please feel free to contact me.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bodyweight exercises are a must. I do lots of neutral grip chinups to strengthen my back and prehab my rotator cuffs.

I cringe when I see youngsters focus on benchpress and they can't even do pushups to military standard.

IMO people only kid themselves if they think they can achieve the highest level of fitness without doing BW exercises.

Here is a great book on the subject:

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-O...1709552&sr=8-1
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Thumbs up

Charlie, you're a great motivator. Good ******** page. You are inspiring me to do more push ups for the next couple of weeks. Maybe changing it up a bit will help me break through a work out funk that I've been in for the past week. Today I'm working out after work instead my lunch hour, so I'll have a bit more time than usual... I'll try to up it from 165 to 200 today. Sometimes I like to superset push ups and pull ups with minimal rest so I get a cardio workout at the same time. It can be a killer... and talk about a pump!

Thx Toby much appreciate your positive responses. It thrills me immensley that I can have a positive impact on you and others. Bro I live for this stuff. Let me know how you feel after kicking it up, and please keep up with us on FB. I have 4 other friends planning on participating in the Spartan Challenge and posting sessions. Would love to have your imput.

Weight / 185.6

Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sothron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    I cringe when I see youngsters focus on benchpress and they can't even do pushups to military standard.
    This. I have seen this in gyms my whole life. Even more true of pull ups.

* we are both too young to use the term "youngsters"
    "Our side of the barbed wire."

Thx Toby much appreciate your positive responses. It thrills me immensley that I can have a positive impact on you and others. Bro I live for this stuff. Let me know how you feel after kicking it up, and please keep up with us on FB. I have 4 other friends planning on participating in the Spartan Challenge and posting sessions. Would love to have your imput.
    Alright Charlie, thanks to your posts here I knocked out 210 push ups last night in 30 minutes. I threw in some light biceps curls and weighted ab work during my "rest" between my sets of 60, 40, 30, 30, 30 and 20. All with feet inclined on a bench, 1/3 with left hand on a hex db and right hand on floor, 1/3 reverse of that, 1/3 both hands on hex db.

Alright Charlie, thanks to your posts here I knocked out 210 push ups last night in 30 minutes. I threw in some light biceps curls and weighted ab work during my "rest" between my sets of 60, 40, 30, 30, 30 and 20. All with feet inclined on a bench, 1/3 with left hand on a hex db and right hand on floor, 1/3 reverse of that, 1/3 both hands on hex db.
    Nice Toby congrats, little bit more every week bro "Lets get us some Jacked up old bodies brother "lol I love the uneven surface work it makes it harder and stimulates more growth, great Job last night......

Weight / 185.6

Talking

Hey Guys I thought I would try and keep this going and hope others will continue to post the way they use Bodyweight work and thier accomplishments..

Zips I hope you dont mind as I dont want to hyjack your thread but this is a good one.

This is what I am leaving to try tonight, its about 8 total miles.

Tonight will be an intensity change. I'll use my 20 lb weight vest & Taking my Gloves, hooks and Elbow Sleeves this time out. I'll head E to 19 ave N to T-bird back W (by the freeway thier is a park with pull up bars so I'll hit some sets thier along w/ abs ) head W to 39 ave where thier is another park with Pullup bars & abs, S to Sweetwater back E to 33 ave to westown park for More Pullups & abs then E to 31 ave S to cactus rd and home. Pushups every 25 yards till exhausted.

Total Goal for the night 1000 Pushus 100 Pullups ( work on 10 sets) & Ab work such as Hanging Knee raises (equal sets).
    Not sure if I'll hit these numbers with the vest, but I will post results.

Weight / 185.6

Damn dude, you're intense. And if you're in that Phoenix heat... I think you be a little bit crazy too! Here in KC it was still 95 and very humid when I took my dog for a walk at 9pm, so I didn't my dog-walk push ups. Usually I walk him to a nearby schoolyard and let him off leash while I do incline/decline push ups on the bleachers.

In my bodyweight excercise news, today I broke my personal record and did 17 (unweighted) pull ups. Full extension from straight elbows to my clavicle touching the bar. I kinda blew my wad on that first set and could only do 9, 8, and 6 after that.

I'd like to know how your workout goes with that vest.

bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did from my 18 to my 22 only pull-ups and chins because I didn't have access to weight. In my 17 I was stocky. In my 23 I was chest/waist 45/31. Even today I'm 46/36. No only pull-ups are excellent for mass then it is capable to change bones shape.

Thumbs up

Damn dude, you're intense. And if you're in that Phoenix heat... I think you be a little bit crazy too! Here in KC it was still 95 and very humid when I took my dog for a walk at 9pm, so I didn't my dog-walk push ups. Usually I walk him to a nearby schoolyard and let him off leash while I do incline/decline push ups on the bleachers.

In my bodyweight excercise news, today I broke my personal record and did 17 (unweighted) pull ups. Full extension from straight elbows to my clavicle touching the bar. I kinda blew my wad on that first set and could only do 9, 8, and 6 after that.

I'd like to know how your workout goes with that vest.
    Cool Toby, Well The Vest was nuts bro. 10 sets 30, then 10 sets 25, final sets I'm unsure of the totals as I was getting zoned out by then, another approx 10 sets of 15 to 20 depending on my rests in between. These were hard with the Vest, totals
    7 miles walking 3 parks 710 total pushups, 69 total . In park 1 -Pullups 3 sets 10 body weight, 1 set 15 weighted 5, 5, Hang leg raises 2 sets 25, Park 3 - Pullups 2 sets 8,6 then 1 set HL Raises 25, bench knee ins 2 sets 25 of the slide. Then Home to 1 set Ab roller rollouts 20 reps. 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 3 egg whites, 1 tbl Almond Butter and 2000 mg Fish oil then Bed.

It was Hen after 9 pm here, humidity was really tough to deal w/I was constantly dripping in sweat, if it was not for Some peoples sprinklers being on I probably would not have fininshed this, Crystal was home waiting for me to call and ask for her to pick me up lol, but I did it. Vest work will be 1 day only and less mileage.

Weight / 185.6

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Resistence is resistence. It doesn't matter if it is kettlebells, barbells or belly weight. To make progress with any kind of training you must continually increase the demands on your body as others have said.

Okay I'll keep posting my push ups here.
    Push day (last tuesday) I started with 128 in 5 sets. Was shooting for 130+ so I was a bit disappointed. But I'm adding 5+ reps/week so I'm making solid progress.

My short term goal is simply to do 100 military push ups in a single set. My numbers will go down next week since I'm going to elevate my feet.