Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Catch or drop on BTN jerk.

I like to catch my BTN jerks as it is A) a good workout and B) allows for faster reps.
    At 70 and 80% of C+J this isn't much trouble at about 90% though it starts to feel like too much stress to be a good idea.

Typically I see most in training dropping their weights for presumably the same reason but I haven't found much in the way of reading what makes the most sense.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Iberian80 View Post
    I like to catch my BTN jerks as it is A) a good workout and B) allows for faster reps.
    At 70 and 80% of C+J this isn't much trouble at about 90% though it starts to feel like too much stress to be a good idea.

Typically I see most in training dropping their weights for presumably the same reason but I haven't found much in the way of reading what makes the most sense.
    What makes the most sense is not injuring yourself!! Personally, I try to catch them as much as possible, but when the weight gets heavy (over 85% in most cases), I simply drop it and reset from there. This is the reason for jerk boxes!! My BTN jerk is much heavier than regular jerk, so it makes even more sense to me to drop each rep when I get that heavy!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    depends if you have a rack or not

jerk blocks help with dropping and resetting for the next rep*

lowering the weight back to your shoulders/back can help build arm strength though*
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) je1ani is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by slowman41 View Post

lowering the weight back to your shoulders/back can help build arm strength though*
    we don't have the big rubber plates at my gym so I have to catch it makes snatching for reps semi difficult

Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by slowman41 View Post

I have both. I think I will just do the ~80% lifts without the boxes and anything heavier drop. That just feels the safest.

Was kind of wondering though if this is another one of those "Don't every squat past parallel or do presses behind the neck things" Most of my training has been Bulgarian style. Now that I am working on a Russian based system I am finding there are some idiosyncrasies I don't know about the assistance lifts. I do like the negative on the lift because of the help it will be to the shoulders in the snatch catch.