bloodmark3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How should I start? Cutting or bulking?

I'm trying to figure out how I should start to get in shape. Obviously there is no way to bulk and lose fat at the same time. But which should I start?
    I'm not sure what body type I have. From what i've seen i'm a mesomorph. But I look at my body I can't tell. I'm not fat. But i'm out of shape. I'm not skinny, but i'm not exactly a heavy lifter. So i'm kind of out of luck on how to start. Most skinny kids can just start bulking. And fat people can just cut down. I'm sitting in the middle going wtf.
    I was thinking I should do the kris gethin 12 week to cut down as much as possible, and gain some endurance. And then bulking up from that to gain as much muscle as I can.
    The reason I'm thinking of starting at cutting is because i can't get a straight answer on how to bulk. And i'm sick of looking at love handles and uncut arms in the mirror. (Profile pic) I figure if I cut down, i'll have the confidence I need to actually stay motivated to bulk. I also have some issues with stability (shoulders. amg) and squats/hack squats that cutting with low weights might fix.
    At the moment I am 190 pounds. 15% bodyfat. 6' 1".

How should I start? I can handle a diet no problem. Don't really get cravings. My diet at the moment consists of 6 meals. Rice/brocolli/oats/sweat potato with omega 3-6-9 oil. Fish/steak/chicken/egg whites. With some hot sauce every now and then. Gallong of water a day. Vitamins. Etc. Not really big on supplements, but I do take vitamin D since I don't take in any milk.
    I want to get into perfect shape. High muscle mass, with low body fat.
    I just don't know where to start.

elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bloodmark3 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how I should start to get in shape. Obviously there is no way to bulk and lose fat at the same time. But which should I start?
    I'm not sure what body type I have. From what i've seen i'm a mesomorph. But I look at my body I can't tell. I'm not fat. But i'm out of shape. I'm not skinny, but i'm not exactly a heavy lifter. So i'm kind of out of luck on how to start. Most skinny kids can just start bulking. And fat people can just cut down. I'm sitting in the middle going wtf.
    I was thinking I should do the kris gethin 12 week to cut down as much as possible, and gain some endurance. And then bulking up from that to gain as much muscle as I can.
    The reason I'm thinking of starting at cutting is because i can't get a straight answer on how to bulk. And i'm sick of looking at love handles and uncut arms in the mirror. (Profile pic) I figure if I cut down, i'll have the confidence I need to actually stay motivated to bulk. I also have some issues with stability (shoulders. amg) and squats/hack squats that cutting with low weights might fix.
    At the moment I am 190 pounds. 15% bodyfat. 6' 1".

How should I start? I can handle a diet no problem. Don't really get cravings. My diet at the moment consists of 6 meals. Rice/brocolli/oats/sweat potato with omega 3-6-9 oil. Fish/steak/chicken/egg whites. With some hot sauce every now and then. Gallong of water a day. Vitamins. Etc. Not really big on supplements, but I do take vitamin D since I don't take in any milk.
    I want to get into perfect shape. High muscle mass, with low body fat.
    I just don't know where to start.
    What is your training routine regarding exercises and sets?

I've tried a few different routines. But never stuck to them because they didn't give results after a month or two.
    At the moment i'm doing Kris Gethin's 12 week transformation..
    So as an example today i'm doing chest/tri.
    flat dumbell press 3 warmup 2 fail sets 6-10 reps.
    incline fly 2 failure sets 8-10 repts.
    Straight arm pullover 2 failure sets 10-12 reps.
    rope extension 3 sets failure 10-12 repts.
    lying down bar extension (skull crushers) 3 failure sets 10-12 reps
    overhead dumbell extension 3 failure sets 10-12 reps.
    1-2 minute rest between sets/exercises.
    20 minutes of cardio in the morning, 20 minutes of cardio after workout.

elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elite2292 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've tried a few different routines. But never stuck to them because they didn't give results after a month or two.
    At the moment i'm doing Kris Gethin's 12 week transformation..
    So as an example today i'm doing chest/tri.
    flat dumbell press 3 warmup 2 fail sets 6-10 reps.
    incline fly 2 failure sets 8-10 repts.
    Straight arm pullover 2 failure sets 10-12 reps.
    rope extension 3 sets failure 10-12 repts.
    lying down bar extension (skull crushers) 3 failure sets 10-12 reps
    overhead dumbell extension 3 failure sets 10-12 reps.
    1-2 minute rest between sets/exercises.
    20 minutes of cardio in the morning, 20 minutes of cardio after workout.
    Ok what you need to do is stick to the basic exercises that allow you to use heavy weight.

Chest- barbell bench, incline barbell bench, dumbbell bench press or flies

Biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls

Triceps- skullcrushers, overhead extensions, pushdowns

Shoulders- dumbbell press, shrugs, laterals

Legs- hack squats, leg press, calf raises, leg curls

Back- pulldowns, rows

Do 3 sets of 6-10 reps and monitor your soreness if it starts becoming easy add an additional exercise to the body part.

Registered User WorkoutFreak219's Avatar
    WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by elite2292 View Post
    What is your training routine regarding exercises and sets?
    ^?

Get off bb.com splits.
    Frequency 2x a week>1 bodypart per week.
    Bulk.
    You seem to have the right foods.
    15 Weeks out 12/26/13

2x per week? Only go to the gym twice a week? Or doing the same muscle part 2 times a week?
    I was thinking I would just take Kris gethins workout program, and just lower the reps down to 4-6 to failure if I do end up bulking.
    While upping my intake to around 70g carbs and 5 ounces of meat per meal.
    I always worry i'm not doing the right exercise on the right day, or i'm going to plateau too soon. So following someone elses workout assures me I shouldn't screw up.
    When I don't see results within the first month I feel like I screwed up somewhere.
    My old routine was 4 gym days per week. Legs on first day. chest/bi next day. tri shoulds next day. back and abs last day. Didn't see much of an improvement so I figured my routine was terrible.
    Last edited by bloodmark3; 08-02-2011 at 03:04 PM.

bump

Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100) Dopedcamel is not very well liked. (-100)
    bump
    Each body part, twice a week. I personally do each 2 times and bench/squat 3-4 times a week. Deadlifting twice.