Eurykrates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice/Tips/Solutions?

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new here and I'd like some advice. I've been doing an ab workout program for about a year or so now (Starting from no workouts at all beforehand) on and off. I can see my abs starting to slowly develop, however I'm not sure if they're developing correctly... I've only been working out my abs and such (I'm haven't done much benching, squats etc). I run cross country and track and school. I'm not sure what my body fat % is, and all that. However, I do know that I weigh about 145 pounds and that I'm about.. 5 foot 10 inches? I think. I haven't weighed myself or measure how tall I am in a while. I'm not a really avid "bodybuilder"; just trying to get in shape for season and whatnot. I've attached a couple pictures so you can get some reference. I took this pretty early in the morning, right after breakfast. The first one is me flexing my abs. The second is non-flexing. And the third is a side view. I've noticed that if I don't really flex my abs, the abs start to protrude outwards... It's kind of made me look "fat". Not sure. I stopped my program for about a week now because I don't want this to get any worse. Also, my top right abs muscle (Not sure of the terminology) is quite smaller then my left one. It makes my abs uneven and such. I'm not sure if you can see it or not in the pictures. I also eat quite healthy and exercise daily. And due to the high school lifestyle and homework load, I usually sleep quite late (1AM-ish). I'm pretty self conscious about my looks, so any advice/tips/solutions would help me a lot! Oh, and I'm 16 years on in High School. Thanks a lot!
    Attached Images

Can anyone please help me? It would really mean a lot! Thanks!

TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    cliffs please
    "Hard work dosent go unseen, unless hard work isnt present"

Yore Mawm.

NOBROSCIENCETOLERATED ***FuxWithMe***

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    to get abs lower BF % with calorie deficit, some people just have the genetics and get those really weird looking abs that are all imbalanced

Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omar95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just continue working them and decrease your body fat percentage... As for the size of the right and the left top abs..it might be just the way ur muscles are

DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLcity is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Doing ab work will not make your abs bigger. It will strengthen your core but not make them bigger.

I suggest you start lifting weights, and eating more. Once you have a decent amount of muscle then start working torwards teb abz.

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Omar95 View Post
    Just continue working them and decrease your body fat percentage... As for the size of the right and the left top abs..it might be just the way ur muscles are
    strong repost in different words

Thanks for the replies! So, I'll just blame uneven abs on genetics. However, what should I do about the "protruding abs"? They kinda look like a beer belly if i shove my gut out enough. Am I working my abs wrong? Or is there anyway I can rework them? And how would i lower my bf%? Just don't eat as much...? Please help! And thanks!

Originally Posted by Eurykrates View Post
    Thanks for the replies! So, I'll just blame uneven abs on genetics. However, what should I do about the "protruding abs"? They kinda look like a beer belly if i shove my gut out enough. Am I working my abs wrong? Or is there anyway I can rework them? And how would i lower my bf%? Just don't eat as much...? Please help! And thanks!
    Can I get a few more people to help me? Thanks!

ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol oh god another abs guy...

First of all, do NOT worry about your abs until you have packed on some decent mass, what u have is called a skinny pack and it's not too attractive. If u have good overall mass AND abs it looks much better.

Find ur maintenance by using the Harris-Benedict formula.
    Go on a bulk (500 calories above your maintenance).
    ACTUALLY LIFT SOME REAL WEIGHTS!!! (Squats, bench, deadlift, Mostly free weights.)
    Look up starting strength or layne nortons PHAT. Generally PHAT is better for size while SS is better for strength.
    Sleep 8 hours a night.

Profit

PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhiGreens will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eurykrates View Post
    can i get a few more people to help me? Thanks!
    do you even lift

Originally Posted by ReMeX2 View Post
    Lol oh god another abs guy...

First of all, do NOT worry about your abs until you have packed on some decent mass, what u have is called a skinny pack and it's not too attractive. If u have good overall mass AND abs it looks much better.

Find ur maintenance by using the Harris-Benedict formula.
    Go on a bulk (500 calories above your maintenance).
    ACTUALLY LIFT SOME REAL WEIGHTS!!! (Squats, bench, deadlift, Mostly free weights.)
    Look up starting strength or layne nortons PHAT. Generally PHAT is better for size while SS is better for strength.
    Sleep 8 hours a night.

Profit
    Ohhh. Okay! So should I just stop ab workouts overall? What's PHAT? I don't really know much weightlifting/bodybuilding etiquette. Yeah, I sleep longer.

Originally Posted by PhiGreens View Post
    do you even lift
    No, I don't lift. I just started to do some ab workouts for about a year since I don't want to look to shabby in Cross Country/Track season.

Thanks again to you all!

Registered User WorkoutFreak219's Avatar
    WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phigreens View Post
    do you even lift
    this.

You have little to no ab definition.
    15 Weeks out 12/26/13

Originally Posted by WorkoutFreak219 View Post
    this.

You have little to no ab definition.
    So what should I do at this moment? Since I don't lift; I've just been doing solely ab workouts. Should I just stop overall? Or what? Thanks!

WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorkoutFreak219 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So what should I do at this moment? Since I don't lift; I've just been doing solely ab workouts. Should I just stop overall? Or what? Thanks!
    Bulk.
    500+ over your maintainence.
    During cross country 1000+

Lift.Lift.Lift.

As For abs Give them a break are you hitting them daily?&how much?
    15 Weeks out 12/26/13

Bulk.
    500+ over your maintainence.
    During cross country 1000+

Lift.Lift.Lift.

As For abs Give them a break are you hitting them daily?&how much?
    What do you mean by 500/1000+ your maintenance? I don't really have access to a gym... I only have a pull up bar thing at my home. Umm. My program is 4 days a week. Break on Wednesday. But workout on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. I already stopped for about a week now. Umm. My last one was... 5x20 reverse crunches, 4x25 situps, 4x16 second superman holds, 5x1:30 plank, 4x1:35 side plank.

What do you mean by 500/1000+ your maintenance? I don't really have access to a gym... I only have a pull up bar thing at my home. Umm. My program is 4 days a week. Break on Wednesday. But workout on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. I already stopped for about a week now. Umm. My last one was... 5x20 reverse crunches, 4x25 situps, 4x16 second superman holds, 5x1:30 plank, 4x1:35 side plank.
    So should I just stop my ab program overall and not worry about anything until I actually begin lifting and whatnot? Then what do I do of this "skinny pack"?
    Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    ^ Its a calculator to see how many calories a day you need to gain,maintain,lose.

Look up body routines.
    15 Weeks out 12/26/13

Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Muscle2333 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    its ABOUT LOWERING BF% , it doesnt matter if u train ur abs every single day of the damn week. if u have fat on it, your never gonna see it
    Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. - Michael Jordan

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. - Bruce Lee

Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

@Workoutfreak219 Ohh okay. Thanks for the link! Cross country season is starting up soon, so I'll go ahead and 500/1000 over my maintenance. However, what should I do at the moment? Should I just leave my abs (skinny pack) alone since I can't lift right now? Thanks!

@Muscle2333 I know. I'm just wondering what I should do with what I have now.

@Workoutfreak219 Ohh okay. Thanks for the link! Cross country season is starting up soon, so I'll go ahead and 500/1000 over my maintenance. However, what should I do at the moment? Should I just leave my abs (skinny pack) alone since I can't lift right now? Thanks!

Could I get some more advice? It would be greatly appreciated!

Could anyone please give me some advice about this? It would really mean a lot, thanks!

Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, do the following:

1. Go to here : http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm and find your maintenance calorie intake.
    2. Eat 500 calories per day above your maintenance, preferably clean bulk (so no takeaways, fast food, etc)
    3. Sign up to the gym or buy some basic workout equiptment
    4. Workout like a mother f'er
    5. Once you've gained some mass (size) which should take about 6 months, cut your calorie intake to 500 below your maintenance and do some heavy cardio. This will lower your body fat and will reveal your abs once you get below 12% BF or so.
    6. Profit?

Originally Posted by Fairtrade View Post
    Ok, do the following:

1. Go to here : http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm and find your maintenance calorie intake.
    2. Eat 500 calories per day above your maintenance, preferably clean bulk (so no takeaways, fast food, etc)
    3. Sign up to the gym or buy some basic workout equiptment
    4. Workout like a mother f'er
    5. Once you've gained some mass (size) which should take about 6 months, cut your calorie intake to 500 below your maintenance and do some heavy cardio. This will lower your body fat and will reveal your abs once you get below 12% BF or so.
    6. Profit?
    Alright. I can do that! Thanks a bunch! So should I just leave this "skinny pack" alone first and just focus on bulking?

Alright. I can do that! Thanks a bunch! So should I just leave this "skinny pack" alone first and just focus on bulking?
    Yes Eurykrates.Bulk Up Man.
    Msg Me If You Need Any Help.

Good Luck With Your Goals.
    15 Weeks out 12/26/13

Yes Eurykrates.Bulk Up Man.
    Msg Me If You Need Any Help.

Good Luck With Your Goals.
    Alright! Thanks a lot to you all! I will!