hpyagn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lean down?

I am naturally bulky and i am trying to tone down to get a more girly figure most of my body has a girly figure but my arms are bulky and i cant seem to get them down! Does anyone have any idea what kinds of exercises i need to do to tone down my arms and shoulders?

Microline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read from your bodyspace that you want to REDUCE your muscle mass? Never heard that one on here before.

Erm... eat less and do cardio? Surely it's fat you want to lose?

No lol i mean i do want to lose fat but i only have about 15% body fat. I am a 20 year old women and my arms look like a boys so i want to tone down the muscle in my arms and shoulders.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "bulky" usually means too much bf. if you really want to reduce muscle mass, then you picked the wrong site. and, fyi, see this thread for what different bf%ages look like: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123726731

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    "bulky" usually means too much bf. if you really want to reduce muscle mass, then you picked the wrong site. and, fyi, see this thread for what different bf%ages look like: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123726731
    ^^this^^ And I am by no means anywhere close to being good at estimating body fat, but 15% is stepping on stage at a Figure comp, just to give you an idea.

And I don't think your arms look bulky at all. If anything, I'd say you want to reduce fat, not muscle mass.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whatever! You have beautiful arms! As you know, you can't spot reduce, so the only thing you could do to get smaller arms is stop doing exercises that work the "big" parts. Although I don't see what you see - you look lovely. You have great shoulders, bi/tri... Why would you want to lose that?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Yea I just finished doing a comp on july 3 so am about 15% body fat that is why i dont understant why my arms are so big thank you for you help.

Um did not know you could pick a wrong site! I just finished a comp. and was just wondering how i could tone down a little bit sorry. Thank you for you help.

Thank you you make me feel a lot better. I am glad someone thinks so, i just get tired of people saying i have manly arms lol. Thank yo for your help.

Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000) Anna516 is just really nice. (+1000)
    all about diet lady...make sure thats in control...most of the work is done in the kitchen..then cardio

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hpyagn View Post
    No lol i mean i do want to lose fat but i only have about 15% body fat. I am a 20 year old women and my arms look like a boys so i want to tone down the muscle in my arms and shoulders.
    It's easy to tell you're new to competing. The issue isn't being too bulky because of muscle. The truth is your body fat is higher than you think. Drop more body fat and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely drop BF. I wouldn't even EVER think of dropping muscle mass, as it is VERY hard to gain in the first place! You will even out. Just strict diet, lifting and some cardio, and drop the bf and re-evaluate yourself at that time.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe it's the pictures but even your avatar from a comp day looks completely normal to me??? Is it you who thinks this... or what people are telling you?? What is your idea of "man arms"? because you are insulting most of the girls here....

I am sorry that you feel like I am insulting the girls here? That was not my intentions what so ever. I was not sure why i can not get my arms to look more cut instead of strait and what I thought was bulky. Now, thanks to the people who actually help me relize it is because my body fat is higher and i carry a lot of it on my arms. I have always been muscluar and was just looking for answers to help me make them look more defined instead of straint and flabby. So very sorry if I insulted anyone. Thanks for the help.

Thank you! I am now seeing that it is the bf and not the mucles. Thank you for your help.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you look great!! But yeah, diet to reduce body fat if you want to be "smaller". I don't do any kind of concentration exercises on my arms and shoulders, only pullups, pushups, dips, and things that go along with compound movements like cleans, push press, jerk, etc..
    Karen

BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Based on looking at your picture, I really don't think that its muscle mass that you need to reduce. You carry some softness around your muscle definition, and thats what I'd recommend carving away - the best way to do that being to increase to cardio for sure, ensuring the diet is en point, and trying to do some workouts where the rep count is higher with lighter weights, for a more carved look.

Hope that helps
    Embrace Fire, Love the Burn!

********: http://www.********.com/pages/Bry.Jensen.Fitness
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/BryJensen

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BryJensen View Post
    the best way to do that being to increase to cardio for sure, ensuring the diet is en point, and trying to do some workouts where the rep count is higher with lighter weights, for a more carved look
    Strict diet--yes. But lift HEAVIER for fewer reps. Cardio if you like.

You look great OP
    I'm small but mighty.

Originally Posted by kdiamond55 View Post
    I think you look great!! But yeah, diet to reduce body fat if you want to be "smaller". I don't do any kind of concentration exercises on my arms and shoulders, only pullups, pushups, dips, and things that go along with compound movements like cleans, push press, jerk, etc..
    Thank you for your help