usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Intermittent fasting for cutting while maintaining strength

I am currently about 17-19% bodyfat, 89kg (195lbs) at 5'8 and want to cut while maintaining strenght. I plan to do this via intermittent fasting. My days will look something like this,

2pm - wake up
    9pm - break fast
    10pm - high intensity weight training
    9pm-3am feeding window
    4am - sleep

I wanted some advice as to what I should eat and when. Should I only have carbs pre and post workout? And what would be the best meal in terms of carb/fat/protein before the beginning of the fast?

ps - I can only train at 10pm during the feeding window and not while fasted

usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) usama92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump?

KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I feel like you shouldn't cut anymore. If you're already at 17% bodyfat and you're unhappy, then maybe you need to put on some more muscle.
    My new beginning:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144888021

:)

Originally Posted by KasaraBrianne View Post
    I feel like you shouldn't cut anymore. If you're already at 17% bodyfat and you're unhappy, then maybe you need to put on some more muscle.
    Anymore? lol, I bulked from 72kg over ~2 years but gained a lot of fat along with muscle. Want to get rid of some of that fat now.

sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000) sonny1988 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What kind of fat are you trying to lose? The stubborn waist/hips/leg fat? or is it generalized fat everywhere else? I ask because IF works very well for around the stubborn fat areas if you do your 45mins slow steady state cardio @ the 15-16 hr fast mark.
    The Ultimate Horror Movie Thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1776961
    *2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Knee Draggers Unite - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128346291

Best Raw Lifts @161lbs
    Bench - 275x3 (close grip)
    Squat - 360x1 ATG
    Deadlift - 405 (dont deadlift anymore)

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Highly doubtful that you're 17% at that weight and height. Pics?

Intermittent fasting is fine. Just make sure your calories/macros are right for you and you're set.
    ^_^

Oh f***. Posting this in the wrong section lololol. Sorry guys.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I imagined a female when you posted. Though it doesn't matter what section you post in, this is the female section, FYI.

Doesn't matter whether you go lower or moderate. However, it's best to start on the higher end and see what you can tolerate, and then go from there.
    ^_^

jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicabjorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Weight loss. I can go into more detail if you would like. But some basics are:

Calorie intake vs calorie burn. To loose weight you need to be in a deficit. I am guessing at your height the max amount of calories you need to take in per day is 2000. So if you want to loose weight you should go under 2000calories.

You need to trick your metabolism as well. If you always eat 1300 calories, your body will get used to that, adjust your metabolism and will stop eating at stored fats. So you have to eat frequently: small meals every 2-3 hours, while you are awake. And Have days where you are taking in something like 1300 calories, another day at 1600, and another day at 2000. (I have had the 1300cal at 700cal, and I did get results; but I only did that for about two weeks because I was starting to feel very tired and was keeping a pretty intense split. However studies show that a fast day followed by a load day helps the fat to muscle lost ratio change to more fat loss and less muscle loss. I also supplement L-Caratine paired with caffeine to help this ratio as well)

Eating clean is important too. A simple rule for this is if the ingredients list looks like pharmacological ingredients it is not worth eating; but if it looks like things you would find in grandmas pantry, go for it!

Eating clean has more benefits than weight loss. The chemicals, preservatives, etc. in non-clean foods have been proven to cause mood and hormonal instabilities, heart, thyroid, liver... etc functions. As well as having you eat more calories for less nutrients.

Sugar should also be minimized and kept away form other foods. When you eat sugar your blood insulin spikes to drive nutrients from your foods into your body. This would be good, except all foods spike your insulin levels sufficient for the nutrients they provide. The extra insulin grabs fats to store.

I have taking sugar out of my diet nearly completely, if it doesn't occur naturally in the food, I do not add it. This has not only helped me loose weight, my skin has cleared up from break outs, and my moods are more stable, and my energy levels are higher.

Protein intake should be about 1g per pound of your desired body weight. If you want to be 150lbs, try to eat 150g of protein a day.
    Carbs are super important, but the type of carb you eat can make big difference: vegetable carbs have lots of goodness and very low calories, where as wheat carbs have goodness at a much larger calorie intake.

Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rushed77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jessicabjorn View Post
    Weight loss. I can go into more detail if you would like. But some basics are:

Calorie intake vs calorie burn. To loose weight you need to be in a deficit. I am guessing at your height the max amount of calories you need to take in per day is 2000. So if you want to loose weight you should go under 2000calories.

You need to trick your metabolism as well. If you always eat 1300 calories, your body will get used to that, adjust your metabolism and will stop eating at stored fats. So you have to eat frequently: small meals every 2-3 hours, while you are awake. And Have days where you are taking in something like 1300 calories, another day at 1600, and another day at 2000. (I have had the 1300cal at 700cal, and I did get results; but I only did that for about two weeks because I was starting to feel very tired and was keeping a pretty intense split. However studies show that a fast day followed by a load day helps the fat to muscle lost ratio change to more fat loss and less muscle loss. I also supplement L-Caratine paired with caffeine to help this ratio as well)

Eating clean is important too. A simple rule for this is if the ingredients list looks like pharmacological ingredients it is not worth eating; but if it looks like things you would find in grandmas pantry, go for it!

Eating clean has more benefits than weight loss. The chemicals, preservatives, etc. in non-clean foods have been proven to cause mood and hormonal instabilities, heart, thyroid, liver... etc functions. As well as having you eat more calories for less nutrients.

Sugar should also be minimized and kept away form other foods. When you eat sugar your blood insulin spikes to drive nutrients from your foods into your body. This would be good, except all foods spike your insulin levels sufficient for the nutrients they provide. The extra insulin grabs fats to store.

I have taking sugar out of my diet nearly completely, if it doesn't occur naturally in the food, I do not add it. This has not only helped me loose weight, my skin has cleared up from break outs, and my moods are more stable, and my energy levels are higher.

Protein intake should be about 1g per pound of your desired body weight. If you want to be 150lbs, try to eat 150g of protein a day.
    Carbs are super important, but the type of carb you eat can make big difference: vegetable carbs have lots of goodness and very low calories, where as wheat carbs have goodness at a much larger calorie intake.
    Somewhat old, but i just had to say, the quoted advice is horrible. Go with your intermittent fasting. No need to eat so freaking often. Btw Jessica, insulin is nil most of the day with IF, wheras with your method he's constantly spiking his insulin. Also metabolism is determined by weight much more so than height. 2000kcal would be way below his mainenence at 195 lbs. At 160 lb mine is around 2500..
    GF found my misc crew
    No GF Crew