Thread: P90x results

carliej01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90x results

I started p90x about 2 weeks ago with boyfriend as a way for us both to get into better shape. We both used to workout all the time and we ate healthy as well. For the last year, he completely gave up on the gym and I've only been running when I get the chance. Well, we committed to doing p90x, and I'm just wondering if anyone women have done p90x, and how long it took to see/feel results. I'm in pretty decent shape as a runner. I'm not overweight and I have the endurance of an animal thanks to running long distances for so long;-). I don't have much of a problem keeping up with the dvd's, and even though we're only in the middle of week 2, I've been able to pull some 2 a days by adding a run in at some point during the day. We've even taken on a healthier diet. It's hard to follow the exact p90x diet (not to mention expensive), but compared to how we were eating, we've made major improvements.

I'm not going to lie, I want Jennifer Nicole Lee's body, and I know it's next to impossible to expect those types of results from p90x. I don't want to get jacked and look like a female body builder, I want to be very thin and lean, but still solid in a feminine way. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on the diet or workout. I don't really have a lot more time that I can commit to this program because I'm in nursing school which is already huge time commitment. But are there like little adjustments that I can make to possible step this up to the next level? I already "bring it" everyday for p90x.

matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt27gd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on starting it, P90x got me started with working out as well.

By the time you take your progress pics, you will be able to see a noticable difference. But you don't have to worry about getting bulky, that comes with the diet.
    Calorie surplus = mass gain.

The P90x diet plan is almost outdated by studies concerning meal timing and food choice. For example, Tony says to eat every 2-3 hours, but meal timing is largly irrelevant to weight gain/loss. The nutrition section's stickies should help you out with more info.

FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) FloridaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    p90x is a good start if you want to get into fitness, but if you really want to get Jennifer Nicoles Lees body, then I suggest you get a membership to a gym, read up on the forums and learn how to tone your body.\

P90x is good, don't get me wrong, but nothing is better than going to the gym.

Also, you should dump your boyfriend and hmu on ********

susanlucy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90x

Originally Posted by carliej01 View Post
    I started p90x about 2 weeks ago with boyfriend as a way for us both to get into better shape. We both used to workout all the time and we ate healthy as well. For the last year, he completely gave up on the gym and I've only been running when I get the chance. Well, we committed to doing p90x, and I'm just wondering if anyone women have done p90x, and how long it took to see/feel results. I'm in pretty decent shape as a runner. I'm not overweight and I have the endurance of an animal thanks to running long distances for so long;-). I don't have much of a problem keeping up with the dvd's, and even though we're only in the middle of week 2, I've been able to pull some 2 a days by adding a run in at some point during the day. We've even taken on a healthier diet. It's hard to follow the exact p90x diet (not to mention expensive), but compared to how we were eating, we've made major improvements.

I'm not going to lie, I want Jennifer Nicole Lee's body, and I know it's next to impossible to expect those types of results from p90x. I don't want to get jacked and look like a female body builder, I want to be very thin and lean, but still solid in a feminine way. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on the diet or workout. I don't really have a lot more time that I can commit to this program because I'm in nursing school which is already huge time commitment. But are there like little adjustments that I can make to possible step this up to the next level? I already "bring it" everyday for p90x.
    Carlie,
    First of all, congrats on going to nursing school. I know how big of a commitment that is. As for P90X, I have done over 5 rounds of it (using various hybrids) and I am in the best shape of my life at 43 (almost 44). I started right after I turned 40 and have since dropped my bf% into the teens. I think the key is your diet and your intensity of your workouts. Most women don't lift heavy enough; we simply don't have enough testosterone to get huge so lift away. I also have a pullup bar in my basement. It made a huge difference in my upper body development.

I am a fitness instructor so on the days I taught spin, I would not do the cardio from P90X so you can still run. When I did my second round, I REALLY focused on my nutrition and saw amazing results. I was very dialed into my diet and workouts and the results showed that. Gyms are great and I was a gym rat for years but I have 3 kids and my own business, so it wasn't doing me much good if I could not get there.

I have had the awesome opportunity to meet and become friends with Tony Horton and have been fortunate enough to be asked to be on QVC with him numerous times to promote P90X. The program works and it gives you the freedom to do it on your schedule. I have seen numerous instances of people having phenomenal results from this program and this fall, Beachbody is releasing P90X2 which is going to be incredible.

I suggest trying to stick to the program as closely as you can - 6 days a week. Being consistent and persistent and having intensity with your workouts.

Good luck and keep pushing play!!

Susan Lucy

youn1974 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Use dumbbells over bands and try to go to muscle failure (with good form) on as many exercises as you can. Pretty much all push-ups, pull-ups and bicep exercises. You mentioned that you're "bringing it", but ask yourself after each exercise, could I have done more. If the answer is yes, you didn't bring it. Failure is the key to success. The workout is important, but if you really want to get amazing results, you need to be a stickler on your diet. I'm assisting a female doing P90x at the moment and looked at and provided her some diet suggestions. PM me and I can maybe take a look at what you're doing and offer some suggestions as well.